British Speedway Forum

On 1/31/2019 at 12:33 PM, mauger65 said:

In the August meeting at Gosforth - there were talks about a Trust Group and supporters club .....................  has anything moved on ?

Regarding your enquiry of the trust group/supporters club a couple of us are meeting at brough next Sunday from 11ish to see about arranging a few things about raising funds as every penny is going to go towards the future of Newcastle speedway,,, also if any body can spare a few hours to help out ( track work ) it will be greatly appreciated as we lost a day ( weather beaten ) today so that has put us a week behind & there is still lots of work to do before the 2019 season starts....

27 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

Regarding your enquiry of the trust group/supporters club a couple of us are meeting at brough next Sunday from 11ish to see about arranging a few things about raising funds as every penny is going to go towards the future of Newcastle speedway,,, also if any body can spare a few hours to help out ( track work ) it will be greatly appreciated as we lost a day ( weather beaten ) today so that has put us a week behind & there is still lots of work to do before the 2019 season starts....

Hope it all goes well. I enjoyed being part of the last supporters club,which raised vital funds.

• Like 1

Does anyone know when the club has to buy a new air fence.  I seem to remember they only have a shelf life of about 15 years or did I make that up?

53 minutes ago, diamond@heart said:

Does anyone know when the club has to buy a new air fence.  I seem to remember they only have a shelf life of about 15 years or did I make that up?

It was brought in in 2014, if that helps (I know it doesn't!)!!

I believe the airfence has to be inspected and certified as fit for purpose after 6 years, no doubt if I'm wrong, someone wil let me know!

17 minutes ago, erniew said:

I believe the airfence has to be inspected and certified as fit for purpose after 6 years, no doubt if I'm wrong, someone wil let me know!

and if you are correct , no one wil tell you !

Any future coach/bus trips starting with Redcar on the 29th of march ( Friday evening) the money we raise will go to the airfence fund for repairs ect as & when they do have to be replaced or repaired they are transferred to the Midlands,,, keep an eye out for further information on functions on here and also the diamonds website & support the diamonds & gems together                   regards ppm

Also the price for away trips will be published well in advance.. & watchout for special offers NOT TO BE MISSED

• Like 1

On 2/5/2019 at 11:14 AM, StevePark said:

It was brought in in 2014, if that helps (I know it doesn't!)!!

Spot on Steve & it would be great to see new faces joining the track work team on Sundays and the new trust group we are trying to get set up to raise vital funds for speedway to continue this season and many many more

Well if Danny Phillips rides as good as he works ( track staff winter work ) he's going to be out of the reserve birth very quick & pushing for a easy 6 point AV lol ( keep it up Danny great work )

17th march is the Ben fund so if anybody would like to to see our new number 1 Thomas Jorgensen & ex diamonds Steve & Richie worrall in action I will sort a bus out leaving brough at 9am & return at 9pm cost per head £14 each way with a special offer already in place so I'll be at brough every Sunday apart from the 24th of Feb to take bookings

On 2/16/2019 at 10:43 AM, pienpeesman said:

17th march is the Ben fund so if anybody would like to to see our new number 1 Thomas Jorgensen & ex diamonds Steve & Richie worrall in action I will sort a bus out leaving brough at 9am & return at 9pm cost per head £14 each way with a special offer already in place so I'll be at brough every Sunday apart from the 24th of Feb to take bookings

Unfortunately Thomas Jorgensen has withdrawn but hopefully you will still come!

On 2/16/2019 at 10:43 AM, pienpeesman said:

£14 each way? so £28 return?

23 hours ago, toontrader said:

£14 each way? so £28 return?

Yeah that's spot on.. also there will be a raffle for free travel which will be drawn just before the bus leaves brough if we get 1 ( no booking as yet just a few enquirys ) so far