British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

A few more will be gone 

Stevie worrall is in I hear

Would be suprised if Stevie doesn't start the season with a CL place and, along with Tero would take up 15pts,,, so Newcastle would have to do an awful lot of juggling to fit them in,,, at least 2 more out and 1 more in.

22 minutes ago, KEITH M said:

Surprised at today’s events as after following Newcastle for 40 years I have always found them to be a fair club and they have always had good reason for getting rid of riders... I think there could be more to this story so I am waiting for an official announcement from the club before saying what I think 

Hard to see how but who knows.

If you or I were the team manager or promoter and though you could make your team stronger pretty sure you would do the same before some other team does just a shame its before the season starts  but with worky not running there was always going to be some changes when these riders became available think it might be 2 Aussies coming in 

• Like 2

I wouldn't be surprised if there is more comings & goings at Newcastle.. looks like the loyalty George used to show his riders has now gone ( but that is not a critical outburst towards the promotion as I'm sure there a genuine reasons behind it ) as the club does really well with sides assembled as long as I can remember 40 + years yes we've had some ups & downs over the years but generally it's been a good success on track & always good racing to watch,,, so let's get behind the 1 to 7 come the 29th of march down at Redcar

14 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

I wouldn't be surprised if there is more comings & goings at Newcastle.. looks like the loyalty George used to show his riders has now gone ( but that is not a critical outburst towards the promotion as I'm sure there a genuine reasons behind it ) as the club does really well with sides assembled as long as I can remember 40 + years yes we've had some ups & downs over the years but generally it's been a good success on track & always good racing to watch,,, so let's get behind the 1 to 7 come the 29th of march down at Redcar

Maybe its not just George that is lacking loyalty.

1 minute ago, ruffdiamond said:

Maybe its not just George that is lacking loyalty.

Yeah exactly as George is the most loyal promoter/ manager that had been in the sport for the last 20 odd years so I would guess that it's more likely to be on the the riders toes why he's been released from his contract..

17 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

Yeah exactly as George is the most loyal promoter/ manager that had been in the sport for the last 20 odd years so I would guess that it's more likely to be on the the riders toes why he's been released from his contract..

Well, there's always 2 sides to a coin and, that little bit around the edge ;)

24 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

A relative new Co Promoter at Newcastle, maybe he has a stronger influence over team matters.   

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, spin king said:

A relative new Co Promoter at Newcastle, maybe he has a stronger influence over team matters.   

So you singing from the same lyric book as to what I've thought for a wee while then

18 minutes ago, Bellers101 said:

Poor show Newcastle. Not fair on Palmolive!

So that's Newcastle & Glasgow who have changed already !! Who's going to be the next teams to change as they will ?? 

3 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

So you singing from the same lyric book as to what I've thought for a wee while then

Listening to this interview made me think, listen to the start of the interview, and how many times he says the word I.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Bellers101 said:

Poor show Newcastle. Not fair on Palmolive!

'Palmolive',,, isn't that the brand name of some cleaning products ?,,, not that you would be aware of it, of course ;)

but, TBF it doesn't seem to be the 'Newcastle' way of doing things.

Edited by ruffdiamond

Id

22 minutes ago, bigred said:

Mason Compton ?? I

I’d imagine Aarnio if he fits.