British Speedway Forum

27 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

Id

I’d imagine Aarnio if he fits.

Wasn't signed because he is riding in Poland on Sundays(some). Things of course might have changed as they did with Lewis Rose last year.

Edited by Tsunami

1 minute ago, Tsunami said:

Wasn't signed because he is riding in Poland on Sundays(some). Things of course might have changed as they did with Lewis Rose the other year.

Ah didn’t realize that cheers. Don’t you need a sponsorship form or something to sign Australians? I’m sure I recall Newcastle don’t/didn’t have one? Although some one may correct me if I’m wrong.

47 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

Ah didn’t realize that cheers. Don’t you need a sponsorship form or something to sign Australians? I’m sure I recall Newcastle don’t/didn’t have one? Although some one may correct me if I’m wrong.

Yes, you need a visa, and a sponsor who can guarantee things like weekly payment and accomodation. Not needed if they have British patriality  in their family, upto grand parents level I think or dual nationality.

Edited by Tsunami

33 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Yes, you need a visa, and a sponsor who can guarantee things like weekly payment and accomodation. Not needed if they have British partiality in their family, upto grand parents level I think or dual nationality.

Patriality.

• Thanks 1

all very strange in what has been the usual way Club has been run, as some have said, relatively new Promoter and obviously he thinks he has found a better option, may be cheaper option. Will be interesting to see who it is. Campton is my guess

4 minutes ago, HGould said:

all very strange in what has been the usual way Club has been run, as some have said, relatively new Promoter and obviously he thinks he has found a better option, may be cheaper option. Will be interesting to see who it is. Campton is my guess

Not sure how many points we have to play with. Obviously it's hard on Palovaara and something i thought Newcastle wouldn't do but if there's a chance to bring one of the best number one riders in the league it's a no brainer. We have some real heat leaders now.

7 minutes ago, HGould said:

Anybody interested going to the Ben fund.. I'll be at brought from 10.30 today taking bookings

There might now be a case that, in future, the 1-7 nominated and (presumably) contracted and registered pre-season is required to actually start the season -- with an obvious caveat of MC permission to make a change in the case of an off-season injury, or other unavailability.

12 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

There might now be a case that, in future, the 1-7 nominated and (presumably) contracted and registered pre-season is required to actually start the season -- with an obvious caveat of MC permission to make a change in the case of an off-season injury, or other unavailability.

Obviously in “the best interest of the sport caveat” as usual depending on the Promotion.

37 minutes ago, Winditon said:

Not sure how many points we have to play with. Obviously it's hard on Palovaara and something i thought Newcastle wouldn't do but if there's a chance to bring one of the best number one riders in the league it's a no brainer. We have some real heat leaders now.

1-7 signed  = 37.57 (using the averages on the Diamonds website).  Steve W = 8.17 (less any reduction he might get).

1 minute ago, StevePark said:

1-7 signed  = 37.57 (using the averages on the Diamonds website).  Steve W = 8.17 (less any reduction he might get).

Cheers Steve

Palovaara is 6.25 - so would leave 6.68 to play with.

Worrall might get a 2% reduction (at best) so lowest he can be is 8.01.

So bigger change needed to fit Worrall in.

Rider has to be 6.68 or lower

I might be wrong but i always thought Team Decs had to be in by 1 March to be checked and ratified by BSPA.

Until Team Decs go in and are ratified, ethically I guess a Club have not "declared" officially 1-7.

23 minutes ago, HGould said:

Palovaara is 6.25 - so would leave 6.68 to play with.

Worrall might get a 2% reduction (at best) so lowest he can be is 8.01.

So bigger change needed to fit Worrall in.

Rider has to be 6.68 or lower

He's entitled to a 2.5% reduction, and will be 7.97 (as dictated by the average he was brought in on at Workington).

Edited by StevePark