British Speedway Forum

19 minutes ago, neb said:

I know niike was always going to retire at the end of this season maybe he has called time on his career early. 

What?

3 hours ago, pienpeesman said:

So if a rider texts a promotion to say I'm going elsewhere as he's been offered a better deal which does happen as it did to the diamonds a few seasons ago & the rider was never mentioned which means that the promotion who have a hard enough job to assemble a team had to reschedule the team at the time & had to inform a couple of riders sorry but we've been dropped in it,,so is that WRONG 

Depends how it was done if it is done via a text message yes it is wrong,

if you have promised or given a contract to ride for a team, or if you have signed a contract to ride for a team, then plans are changed you should afford better communications between both parties.

And doing via a text message is not the right way of going about it, whether it is a rider breaking a promise/contract or club.

And for the record I did add and highlighted the word If as the only version thing  I have read is the riders version.   

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, spin king said:

if you have promised or given a contract to ride for a team, or if you have signed a contract to ride for a team, then plans are changed you should afford better communications between both parties.

And doing via a text message is not the right way of going about it, whether it is a rider breaking a promise/contract or club.

And for the record I did add and highlighted the word If as the only version thing  I have read is the riders version.   

A suppose at the end of the day, it's down to opinion what is right or wrong,,, and todays society may not be as it was in the past.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

A suppose at the end of the day, it's down to opinion what is right or wrong,,, and todays society may not be as it was in the past.

You might have a point.

28 minutes ago, spin king said:

Just seen your earlier post & I missed the IF highlight & I won't pass judgement until both story's are out in the open which may not even happen,,, in this week's speedway star concerning the lawlor Bickley thing there are 3 different versions such as Facebook / the promotion & both riders have had a say & some of the times mentioned or what time Joe was sacked & Kyle got the call is a bit mind boggling but that's just an example to what goes on so we may never find out the true version,,, but I'm sure someone will know !!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pienpeesman said:

Just seen your earlier post & I missed the IF highlight & I won't pass judgement until both story's are out in the open which may not even happen,,, in this week's speedway star concerning the lawlor Bickley thing there are 3 different versions such as Facebook / the promotion & both riders have had a say & some of the times mentioned or what time Joe was sacked & Kyle got the call is a bit mind boggling but that's just an example to what goes on so we may never find out the true version,,, but I'm sure someone will know !!

in the Glasgow case, in every version the key culprit is a rider vaping in a non smoking hotel friendly with the speedway promotion, and due to the fire alarms going off the hotel it had to be evacuated and the Fire Service had to attend just in case. All the 3 version don't dispute that fact, so the fringe points and the timings are not really that relevant and could be wrong for deliberate or best endeavours reasons. I think the outcome is quite satisfactory to everyone, except one person. :rolleyes: 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pienpeesman said:

Instead of putting negative responses on here why not wait until the facts about this decision are released from all parties concerned then if it's a decision made by the club which is poor then you're within your writes to criticize but there is always to sides to every story at the end of the day,,,. As it happens it was very touch & go that we ran last season but I can't really remember of the years I've gone that there has never been on the verge of shutting.. do you get your information off a doom & gloomer sauce I wonder

It doesnt matter what the situation was you dont drop someone via text.... 3 weeks before the season gets going 

12 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Right thicko. Point out where I said that. I'm in all night. :unsure:

It really is no wonder Newcastle is so poorly thought of with people like you involved. 

31 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

It doesnt matter what the situation was you dont drop someone via text.... 3 weeks before the season gets going 

I agree with you regarding the text if true but if another rider has quit and it gives Newcastle a chance to get a rider like Steve Worrall in I personally would do it and I think a lot of other teams would in the same position simple as it makes Newcastle a lot stronger! 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

What if the person was just ignoring the calls ?,,, (it does happen).

Also, its not as if they could say, 'by the way Vic, can you pop in the office, we need a chat'.

1 hour ago, phillipsr said:

It really is no wonder Newcastle is so poorly thought of with people like you involved. 

Go ahead answer him.

10 minutes ago, clambo71 said:

Go ahead answer him.

He has come on defending the actions so he obviously thinks what has happened is fine.... it doesnt surprise me as i said its what Newcastle speedway are known for... i dont disagree its a good move team wise just do it in the correct manner 

33 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

He has come on defending the actions so he obviously thinks what has happened is fine.... it doesnt surprise me as i said its what Newcastle speedway are known for... i dont disagree its a good move team wise just do it in the correct manner 

Newcastle are not known for this kind of action and you know it. You just seem to take great pleasure in having a go for the sake of it. Like someone posted earlier if anything they have been too loyal. I remember Casper Wortmann struggling badly and they gave him time. Danny Phillips was awful last time at Newcastle yet he rode the full season. There are many other examples.

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Check your stats over the past 40 + years & see how loyal the diamonds management team has been to the 1 to 7 and you'll be pleasantly surprised but there again as you seem to anti ( Newcastle) I don't think you will agree..

11 hours ago, Tsunami said:

in the Glasgow case, in every version the key culprit is a rider vaping in a non smoking hotel friendly with the speedway promotion, and due to the fire alarms going off the hotel it had to be evacuated and the Fire Service had to attend just in case. All the 3 version don't dispute that fact, so the fringe points and the timings are not really that relevant and could be wrong for deliberate or best endeavours reasons. I think the outcome is quite satisfactory to everyone, except one person. :rolleyes: 

Agreed that the rider should not have vaped in his room ( I think this happend sooner than expected as even tho the rider has done wrong the change may have came about when the 1st chance would arise & I don't think it would have been lawlor ( but his stupid mistake has cost him ) a team place it's going to be interesting to see who ends up there & I reckon he's an asset of there's with blond curly hair 

• Like 2