British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Greg said:

Could it even be klint.?

Honestly

Is that a joke... cos nice one if it is...  PMSL...

If not apologies and for one and possibly the main reason it won't be him Nik is committed to Poland so a Sunday team would be an absolute none starter...

Regards 

THJ 

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Missed out word

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, StevePark said:

whats left steve please average wise now the truths out ?

Edited by diamonds7

8 minutes ago, diamonds7 said:

whats left steve average  please now the truths out ?

I think it's 4.34. (or 4.45 if he's allowed a reduction).

Edited by StevePark

4 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Thank you 

15 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Not a lot  then. Carl Wilkinson , Max Ruml, Simon Lambert, Gino Manzares, and Josh MacDonald (if he's a 4.00) all fit. Not that I'm saying I'd want some of them signed up though. There are probably others I've overlooked as well. 

Tough on Victor as well.

17 minutes ago, leander said:

Not a lot  then. Carl Wilkinson , Max Ruml, Simon Lambert, Gino Manzares, and Josh MacDonald (if he's a 4.00) all fit. Not that I'm saying I'd want some of them signed up though. There are probably others I've overlooked as well. 

Tough on Victor as well.

Agree, tough on Vic, but gotta welcome Steve back :t:

is it Josh Macdonald that Worky had signed and is still planning to come over ?

42 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Would make a good asset if you get him think he will do ok over here seen him ride in the top gun at Sheffield looked the part rides a bit like josh Pickering around the boards 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mac101 said:

Would make a good asset if you get him think he will do ok over here seen him ride in the top gun at Sheffield looked the part rides a bit like josh Pickering around the boards 

Is this the Aussie who doesn't need a visa. ? Anybody like Pickering and I would grab him.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Yes. His grandmother is british so he has a paternity visa as opposed to needing a work sponsored visa, which is why he can still come over and 'work' despite Workington closing (unlike the unfortunate Mason Campton). 

• Thanks 1

Like everyone I was sorry to see us changing the 1 - 7 at this late stage of the season. Given Luna's withdrawal, and no natural replacement that I can see, it was unfortunate we had to drop another rider to improve the chance of still getting decent a team for the fans. The obvious one was Tero but he had and has reaffirmed his decision to go for it in Poland this year, so that ruled him out of the original team as well as this reshuffle. Fortunately Stevie was still available and looking for a ride in the championship, so he really is the best we could do for many reasons. Imagine, we now a have a top three of Stevie, Jorgensen and Lasse. Unbelievable. Leading riders to add to the current 6 would appear to be between Simon Lambert, Carl Wilkinson (if not retired) or even better, Josh Macdonald. He is apparently available, free to sign especially if he is in the country already, or has plans to still come over, and we would be training up our asset. Can see another signing pretty soon.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

I'd opt for Simon Lambert - he's had some good meetings at BP in past seasons and always seems to give 100%.

Unless MacDonald is Pickering Mk 2.

I’m pleased your not part of the promotion team 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Like everyone I was sorry to see us changing the 1 - 7 at this late stage of the season. Given Luna's withdrawal, and no natural replacement that I can see, it was unfortunate we had to drop another rider to improve the chance of still getting decent a team for the fans. The obvious one was Tero but he had and has reaffirmed his decision to go for it in Poland this year, so that ruled him out of the original team as well as this reshuffle. Fortunately Stevie was still available and looking for a ride in the championship, so he really is the best we could do for many reasons. Imagine, we now a have a top three of Stevie, Jorgensen and Lasse. Unbelievable. Leading riders to add to the current 6 would appear to be between Simon Lambert, Carl Wilkinson (if not retired) or even better, Josh Macdonald. He is apparently available, free to sign especially if he is in the country already, or has plans to still come over, and we would be training up our asset. Can see another signing pretty soon.

I would have to agree Dave, really sorry that we have had to change the team too, and all the criticism of the promotion is unfair, had Nike not made the decision we would be kick starting our season with the original 1-7.

looking around Stevie is a no brainer, out and out number 1, and makes our top 3 the envy of most in the league. We just simply need to make the right call with the last man, and if we do, we will be very hard to stop. My personal view is let’s try someone young/new who has potential and invest in them. Not seen anything about josh McDonald, but if comparisons are true, he is the obvious candidate. 

Mikel B also one to look at. After a year in the league you would have to expect him to put points on his average next year, and Newcastle could be a springboard for a rider who went to Redcar with real pedigree and is still young in comparison to other options.

need to get the last one right however, as a weak number 2 leaves us really exposed and will undoubtably be the difference between a good year and a poor one.

Here is hoping Nike returns to the league in future, too much potential and excitement and a big miss to the sport in this country if he doesn’t, shame however he wasn’t more open with the promoters before signing.  Similarly, here is hoping Victor gets fixed up, was looking forward to seeing him this year, and he deserves a chance after committing the time and money to the season.  

Chuffed to see stevie back with us again, he was the first name on every team sheet I pulled together at the start of the year, and one of my favourite all time riders, great to have him back where he belongs!

• Like 3