3 hours ago, MrP said:

Mikkel B Andersen would also fit

Could there be a Danish connection maybe

12 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

Could there be a Danish connection maybe

Tom Bacon ?

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, StevePark said:

I think it's 4.34. (or 4.45 if he's allowed a reduction).

I get it to 4.26 left after Steve's reduction.

19 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I get it to 4.26 left after Steve's reduction.

still using that dodgy calculator Dave ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shearer09 said:

I’m pleased your not part of the promotion team 

Exactly. Lambert can't get around Brough Park. Not bad on bigger tracks but struggles on the tighter tracks as i don't think his height helps.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Winditon said:

Exactly. Lambert can't get around Brough Park. Not bad on bigger tracks but struggles on the tighter tracks as i don't think his height helps.

Honestly

Lambo is probably the best bet of the remaining riders available, if it was someone who was dropping into reserve I would suggest taking a calculated gamble on Josh McDonald would be worth the risk but not to stick him into the main body of the team...

Plus what Lambo lacks at Brough he will make up for on many of the away tracks we have usually done poorly at...

However Martin Phillips has surprised a few this season with his team selections and he has pulled a master stroke in bringing Stevie back so I am happy to wait and see who he brings in... 

Who knows the Worrall signing might bring a few fans back...  Arsonfire is a miss galloping round the terraces doing the updates and hopefully he hasn't given up on the sport...

Regards 

THJ 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

Lambo is probably the best bet of the remaining riders available, if it was someone who was dropping into reserve I would suggest taking a calculated gamble on Josh McDonald would be worth the risk but not to stick him into the main body of the team...

Plus what Lambo lacks at Brough he will make up for on many of the away tracks we have usually done poorly at...

However Martin Phillips has surprised a few this season with his team selections and he has pulled a master stroke in bringing Stevie back so I am happy to wait and see who he brings in... 

Who knows the Worrall signing might bring a few fans back...  Arsonfire is a miss galloping round the terraces doing the updates and hopefully he hasn't given up on the sport...

Regards 

THJ 

Fair comment. I'm probably being a bit unfair as i just remember him being so akward around Newcastle but as you say he could be useful away from home and he's got plenty of experience. Josh McDonald is an unknown over here but apparently comes highly recommended. Regardless of our last rider I'm delighted Stevie Worrall is back. Someone you can rely on to pick big points up home and away. I think with the side we have we are well capable of challenging around the top four.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Winditon said:

Fair comment. I'm probably being a bit unfair as i just remember him being so akward around Newcastle but as you say he could be useful away from home and he's got plenty of experience. Josh McDonald is an unknown over here but apparently comes highly recommended. Regardless of our last rider I'm delighted Stevie Worrall is back. Someone you can rely on to pick big points up home and away. I think with the side we have we are well capable of challenging around the top four.

P.S. It would be great to see Arsonfire and Boomerang become regulars again. Ha ha

• Like 1

Saw Macdonald at Sheffield last season at the Big Gun meeting.

Very entertaining and exciting rider but also very hairy.

not too sure as to whether or not the tight technical track at Newcastle would suit him.

If it was me I would go with Carl Wilkinson, know the track and rides the track well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Tom Bacon ?

That the Tom Bacon who is already signed for Redcar.

I would go with JBA showed some great promise at Redcar last year and should progress well this season if given the chance...... 

24 minutes ago, slyfox said:

That the Tom Bacon who is already signed for Redcar.

I would go with JBA showed some great promise at Redcar last year and should progress well this season if given the chance...... 

JBA and Lasse would be a reunion to watch.:o:D Did you mean MBA ?

Edited by Tsunami
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, spin king said:

If it was me I would go with Carl Wilkinson, know the track and rides the track well.

Wilko has been a great servant at many tracks. No one could fault his effort last year but he isn’t the Wilko of old. 

• Like 2

So happy to see Steve Worrall back :D Where he should be, feel really sorry for Victor and I hope all the undeserved bad press the Diamonds have got is glossed over... Good luck Victor Palovaara for 219 :t:Was looking forward to watching you greatly...

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

JBA and Lasse would be a reunion to watch.:o:D Did you mean MBA ?

Do they have a bit of history like? JBA wouldn't fit anyway...

I think Mikkel B Andersen, Josh MacDonald Or here's a wildcard assuming he's available for Sundays... Daniel Spiller? Has ridden the very similar Eastourne track very well and it would leave future relations for his brother, Ethan, open... Food for thought? Presumably he'd come in on a 4.00 average? Since he's now a German but has had an average in British speedway before?

Either of them three would make me happy and would all three be strong partners for Stevie imo

Also...

1. Devastating news about Workington speedway shutting down this year, sadly it’s left me without a spot for 2019, after some thinking and talking to afew close friends, I’ve decided to still fly over and collect my visa and spend some part of the season hoping for a opportunity.

Edited by Dandelion