British Speedway Forum

57 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Also I forgot to add (as I totally forgot about it) Simon got 5 + 1 riding at No 3 for us against Berwick in the TTT match May 19th 2018 which I know was only a challenge match but it possibly gives an indication of what he can do.

Furthermore here is a name not mentioned how about Jacob Bukhave who I watched I think last season (or maybe the season before at Redcar) after returning from a bad injury, looked quick and is as keen as mustard to ride over here and another Dane to keep up the tradition

So with 4.45 for a Brit and 4.34 for an overseas rider I would be more than happy with one of the following

Simon Lambert 4.29 or
Jacob Bukhave 4.00 or
Josh McDonald 4.00 or
Mikkel B Andersen 4.29

Although it is starting to look like Josh McDonald is fast becoming the fans choice and as stated I am not that bothered and would be happy to see what he can do/achieve at Newcastle: however if it does end up as Josh please remember that currently he is carrying the popular vote on here as the majorities choice but if he was to land and struggled I hope he still gets the support and doesn't get cast aside like an old steel shoe or slaughtered for poor performance, he needs continued support... as in a similar level of support that Kyle Bickley got/received from Workington last year

I am enjoying this any other suggestions out there? (Derek Sneddon 4.72 in 2014 and would get a reduction on that after all we did salvage Matty Wethers career) Remembering also that the rider will be going into the main body of the team possibly/probably in the No 2 slot

Regards
THJ

Just hope the Visa situation for Josh could be overcome to get the lad to ride for us.

7 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Just hope the Visa situation for Josh could be overcome to get the lad to ride for us.

too late dave its simon lambert 

10 minutes ago, diamonds7 said:

too late dave its simon lambert 

Thanks for that. There is a reason why it might be Simon. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Thank goodness. JBA and Lasse were old teammates at Redcar in 2017. That have a history of riding each out, and there has been track incidents both at Redcar and away. Get’s a bit feisty at time. Quite pleased JBA doesn’t fit.

And wasn't it JBA who trashed Stevie Worrall last season? Probably ruling out MBA who was clearly the best option. 

Anyway let's hope Simon Lambert goes even half as good as the last Diamond Lambert and remember with a lower points limit some of the opposition Lambert will face are far less experienced. Even starting in the top five he should be looking to increase his average.

Also is it clear what happens to the points limit once the new set of averages are in force?  Does it increase to 42.50?

• Like 1

Team previously looked solid without the top end power. Now looks strong at the top but with a long tail. 

Would have preferred the balance of this revised 7 had one of the bottom 4 had obvious scope for improvement. Fear this bottom end will struggle with Lambert & Wethers more suited to riding at reserve these days even in a slightly watered down league. 

Edited by NJC71

I think Rambo will surprise a few. Despite the majority of his kit being suited towards bigger tracks along with his style he was certainly holding back last year and his scores took a decent upturn after his wedding. Providing he has no other planned ceremonies this year i reckon he should spend most of the year in the 1-5.

It still seems a very unfortunate situation to have been heaped on Palovaara’s door! 

Worrall is a genuine number 1 and the Diamonds now have a decent top 3 to match and better most sides. However it’s an awfully long tail. I can see changes at the bottom end ahead with 4 reserves in that team now. 

Very strong top 3 now at the expense of a more balanced team but I think Diamonds will do pretty well given that Brough gives them a decent home advantage.

Like Redcar a lot will depend how the second strings back up the top end riders.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, NJC71 said:

Team previously looked solid without the top end power. Now looks strong at the top but with a long tail. 

Would have preferred the balance of this revised 7 had one of the bottom 4 had obvious scope for improvement. Fear this bottom end will struggle with Lambert & Wethers more suited to riding at reserve these days even in a slightly watered down league. 

Yes that's an interesting conundrum with no answer. Would Vic and Lunna combined have scored more points combined than Steve and Lambert ?

Any thoughts . . .?

1 hour ago, Yearbyred said:

Very strong top 3 now at the expense of a more balanced team but I think Diamonds will do pretty well given that Brough gives them a decent home advantage.

Like Redcar a lot will depend how the second strings back up the top end riders.

I can't help feeling that the reserves are more of a worry than the second strings. Every title winning side have strong reserves.

Diamonds now have 2 home based riders as opposed to the guys who would have incurred higher costs for accommodation and travel.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hammer48 said:

Yes that's an interesting conundrum with no answer. Would Vic and Lunna combined have scored more points combined than Steve and Lambert ?

Any thoughts . . .?

I see your point and time will tell but one thing for sure is we will be stronger now in the crucial heats of 13 & 15.

3 hours ago, Hammer48 said:

I can't help feeling that the reserves are more of a worry than the second strings. Every title winning side have strong reserves.

Poorly worded but I was including the reserves in my discussion of both teams.