British Speedway Forum

I personally don't see why people are calling Matty and Simon reserves... Matty certainly is NOT... He's a 5 and a half point rider for god sakes!! And Simon, well it wasn't too long ago he was a 5.5 point rider!! I think he will do ok at number 2... As long as Max is at 7, heat 8 should be pretty strong

Also I think Max will do a good job at reserve and Danny will pick up decent points at home and at Redcar... Time will tell, and although we've lost Victor and Nike (Two riders I was looking forward to watching the most) I think we are much stronger now with the best top 3 in the league... I've said it :)

Edited by Dandelion
  • Like 2

Edited by Dandelion

19 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

Grading with a blend of rolling averages was mooted the same time the 6 man team proposal was put forward a few year back and was reasonably well received by the management committee however when it was put to the promotions they didn't want the 6 man team proposal so the new rider assessment process was set aside and I think the whole thing has just been shelved after a great deal of interest... 

Heads in he sand as usual it was nearly as bad as Brexit

Regards 

THJ 

I mentioned using a grading system including rolling averages about 3 seasons ago & was shot down by numerous posters saying we should not be going backwards but looking forwards. Some rules actually worked years ago.

To stop manipulation, I also posted about having your lowest 4 or 5 scores removed from a rolling average when we were using the last 30 meetings. 

• Like 1

My Opinion is the way it has been done is very wrong and disappointing but at least it's 2 extra British riders getting jobs.

24 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Is this the first post on the forum using the new invisible font ?

i can read it !

22 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Interesting response. Care to explain how they are going to cope with the 11% increase in averages which will naturally increase from their start averages. The natural level playing field would tell you that all meetings this year are going to generate combined averages per teams with an 11% increase, i'e, 42points.  

I’m not a Promoter so can’t answer that, But it was one of YOUR promotion who told me The starting team building averages would remain all season

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Heedthebaw said:

I’m not a Promoter so can’t answer that, But it was one of YOUR promotion who told me The starting team building averages would remain all season

The points limit would be ok for changing like for like, but if any team needs to re-declare,,, it could be a bit of a pickle.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

I mentioned using a grading system including rolling averages about 3 seasons ago & was shot down by numerous posters saying we should not be going backwards but looking forwards. Some rules actually worked years ago.

To stop manipulation, I also posted about having your lowest 4 or 5 scores removed from a rolling average when we were using the last 30 meetings. 

I dont think that gradings would work but do like the idea of the rolling averages not including the lowest few scores (and equally the highest few too)

42 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I dont think that gradings would work but do like the idea of the rolling averages not including the lowest few scores (and equally the highest few too)

Oh,,, slumming it again ;)

so maybe if you don't include the lowest few, or highest few, you might just use the average ?

36 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Oh,,, slumming it again ;)

so maybe if you don't include the lowest few, or highest few, you might just use the average ?

A Newcastle thread is never slumming it :t:

Depends on how much higher the higher scores are and how much lower the lower scores are :P

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

Is this the first post on the forum using the new invisible font ?

No!! I just accidentally quoted myself instead of editing my last post and couldn't figure out how to delete it!! So just went with nothing instead... That's generally what my posts consist of anyway ;)

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Dandelion said:

No!! I just accidentally quoted myself instead of editing my last post and couldn't figure out how to delete it!! So just went with nothing instead... That's generally what my posts consist of anyway ;)

Now theres an idea. Rather than relying on the input of others i can just quote myself throughout the various topics and always have myself agree with me.

• Like 1

Just now, Sings4Speedway said:

Now theres an idea. Rather than relying on the input of others i can just quote myself throughout the various topics and always have myself agree with me.

Probably the best post on the forum....this guy is a genius :D

• Haha 5