British Speedway Forum

30 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Drew Kemp guests for Ipswich on Saturday night :)

Hope Lynn is getting a loan fee :P

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, leander said:

Interestingly both Steve and Simon are still listed as riding at Sheffield on Sunday according to Sheffield website.

Sheffield starts at 4pm. Time for them to do Newcastle practice then get to Sheffield

10 hours ago, leander said:

Interestingly both Steve and Simon are still listed as riding at Sheffield on Sunday according to Sheffield website.

1 hour ago, toontrader said:

Sheffield starts at 4pm. Time for them to do Newcastle practice then get to Sheffield

A don't suppose Worrall would need much practice around Brough and, it won't matter how much practice Lambert gets ;)

1 hour ago, toontrader said:

They will prob do the "Press" bit, then head to Sheffield.

Stevie doing press&practice then dashing to Sheffield Simon has permission to miss it completely per thurs chronicle

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, toontrader said:

A poor show in my opinion. The club needs all the press/TV coverage it can get yet it would appear that at least one is missing and the other is buggering off early. No chance of the press getting team photo's etc. if they aren't all there. Then at 16:30 you've got "Meet three quarters of the team" in he bar.

21 hours ago, leander said:

Announced by Roy at Redcar Steve Worrall is at both Newcastle P&P dinner time and doing Sheffield tomorrow night! 

19 minutes ago, leander said:

A poor show in my opinion. The club needs all the press/TV coverage it can get yet it would appear that at least one is missing and the other is buggering off early. No chance of the press getting team photo's etc. if they aren't all there. Then at 16:30 you've got "Meet three quarters of the team" in he bar.

What is 3/4 of seven ?

2 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

What is 3/4 of seven ?

Two out of seven is a shade over 28% to be more exact, so in reality it's not even 3/4.

20 minutes ago, mike7164 said:

Announced by Roy at Redcar Steve Worrall is at both Newcastle P&P dinner time and doing Sheffield tomorrow night! 

Might get Richie in at one venue as a stunt double :t:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, leander said:

Two out of seven is a shade over 28% to be more exact, so in reality it's not even 3/4.

It would be 5/7, (in old money) ;)

53 minutes ago, leander said:

As already said, they agreed to do the Sheffield meeting before signing for Newcastle, so would be hard on them not to be allowed to ride in it.  A few seasons ago (when we used to host all the Northern teams for the "Northern Launch"), Berwick sent their number eight, as the rest were at Kelso Races on a "jolly" which had been arranged long after the date of the Launch was announced.

I am sure the press (if any actually turn up) will get plenty of action shots from the "new" riders and any portrait shots they need from the six riders, before the Practice part of the day starts.  

As far as the "Meet the Riders," most fans know Stevie anyway and will only be missing out on one new rider (Simon), so it's not going to be the end of civilization as we know it.

Edited by StevePark
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, StevePark said:

As already said, they agreed to do the Sheffield meeting before signing for Newcastle, so would be hard on them not to be allowed to ride in it.  A few seasons ago (when we used to host all the Northern teams for the "Northern Launch"), Berwick sent their number eight, as the rest were at Kelso Races on a "jolly" which had been arranged long after the date of the Launch was announced.

I am sure the press (if any actually turn up) will get plenty of action shots from the "new" riders and any portrait shots they need from the six riders, before the Practice part of the day starts.  

As far as the "Meet the Riders," most fans know Stevie anyway and will only be missing out on one new rider (Simon), so it's not going to be the end of civilization as we know it.

If it was a polish team I'd know where they would be and it wouldn't be Sheffield!!!

15 minutes ago, leander said:

If it was a polish team I'd know where they would be and it wouldn't be Sheffield!!!

Agree, but its not.

I think its good if they honour their prior arrangements, after being shafted elsewhere.

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 4