British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, StevePark said:

As already said, they agreed to do the Sheffield meeting before signing for Newcastle, so would be hard on them not to be allowed to ride in it.  A few seasons ago (when we used to host all the Northern teams for the "Northern Launch"), Berwick sent their number eight, as the rest were at Kelso Races on a "jolly" which had been arranged long after the date of the Launch was announced.

I remember my first visit to Kelso races on 29/03/2009,,, I was quite surprised to see 'Berwick Bandits' being advertised there, there was riders and bikes and was well promoted,,, 'The Berwick Speedway Novice Hurdle',I wander if that was the same time ?

Edited by ruffdiamond

10 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

I remember my first visit to Kelso races on 29/03/2009,,, I was quite surprised to see 'Berwick Bandits' being advertised there, there was riders and bikes and was well promoted,,, 'The Berwick Speedway Novice Hurdle',I wander if that was the same time ?

It would have been a bit later than that as the first Northern Launch was 2014.  I think it was the 2016 one, but I'm not entirely sure.

• Thanks 1

Impressed with Max Clegg at the practice today. Jorgensen was very fast as well.

Decent turnout to watch.

42 minutes ago, jackofdiamonds said:

Impressed with Max Clegg at the practice today. Jorgensen was very fast as well.

Decent turnout to watch.

Do why know what numbers all the riders had? Couldn't be there unfortunately :( Not even in the same country to be fair!!

Think Max Clegg will surprise a lot of people next year

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Do why know what numbers all the riders had? Couldn't be there unfortunately :( Not even in the same country to be fair!!

Clegg needs to surprise himself at the bigger tracks Imo.

1 hour ago, jackofdiamonds said:

Decent turnout to watch.

il second that good turn out and very impressed with mr clegg 

17 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Jorgensen  rode with no.3. No one else had numbers.

59 minutes ago, jackofdiamonds said:

Jorgensen  rode with no.3. No one else had numbers.

The number 3 was on his kevlars, with studs/velcro still there for a number to go on top so he may not necessarily be number 3.

41 minutes ago, StevePark said:

The number 3 was on his kevlars, with studs/velcro still there for a number to go on top so he may not necessarily be number 3.

Well if TJ isn't no.3, who will be ?,,, and is there any need for studs and velcro ?

4 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Well if TJ isn't no.3, who will be ?,,, and is there any need for studs and velcro ?

I can't remember if it was studs or velcro (although it might have been both!),

• Haha 1

Maybe number 3 is Jorgensen's 'Back up' number, and his real number will be 5... 3 is just in case the team gets reshuffled later, maybe Lasse will start as 3 and have 5 on his Kevlars (With Velcro AND studs)

I personally hope Jorgensen is at 5, as I think he will do a better job than Lasse there, and Lasse is more the team rider imo, so give him a good partner like Matty to team ride with at 3 and 4

11 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Studs & Velcro.

Riders averages change throughout the season & therefore their position (No.)in the team does too.

26 minutes ago, StevePark said:

I can't remember if it was studs or velcro (although it might have been both!),

A suppose it makes sense, just in case one of the fastenings fails :t:

On 3/23/2019 at 8:24 PM, StevePark said:

As already said, they agreed to do the Sheffield meeting before signing for Newcastle, so would be hard on them not to be allowed to ride in it.  A few seasons ago (when we used to host all the Northern teams for the "Northern Launch"), Berwick sent their number eight, as the rest were at Kelso Races on a "jolly" which had been arranged long after the date of the Launch was announced.

I am sure the press (if any actually turn up) will get plenty of action shots from the "new" riders and any portrait shots they need from the six riders, before the Practice part of the day starts.  

As far as the "Meet the Riders," most fans know Stevie anyway and will only be missing out on one new rider (Simon), so it's not going to be the end of civilization as we know it.

If that was Liam at the time, both Leon and Keiran Douglas came with him.

gorilla glue will stick to any form of  <hi>. .:shock: