British Speedway Forum

6 hours ago, andys said:

Does anybody know if online tickets sales are on this season.... 

Good question Andy. Not open this morning.

Maybe its another last minute job. Will have another gander tomorrow morning.

Just looked again (Saturday pm) and its now up and running

Edited by Aceslider
Update
  • Like 2

Just a reminder that  the need for more track staff is very important as we are now down to only a handful of sheeters to cover the dog track for home meetings !; So if anybody knows of a mate or a family member who can spare a couple of hours on a Sunday afternoon & evening time please pop along to the track tomorrow and speak to a member of speedway staff and it will be greatly appreciated as we are down to the bair bones thanks in advance for any extra helpers

23 hours ago, andys said:

Does anybody know if online tickets sales are on this season.... 

23 hours ago, Aceslider said:

Good question Andy. Not open this morning.

Maybe its another last minute job. Will have another gander tomorrow morning.

Just looked again (Saturday pm) and its now up and running

http://www.newcastlediamonds.co/tickets/

Now open for business!!

Havent seen a thread started for today's meeting at Newcastle, Redcar team news is Leon Flint comes in as a guest for Jack Smith.

Interesting little Q&A on Tero Aarnio's Instagram feed!!!

3 hours ago, diamond@heart said:

Interesting little Q&A on Tero Aarnio's Instagram feed!!!

Watch this space                                          so of last season's team of Tero.Robbo.Ludvig.Kus.Weathers.Morris or Wilko,,, who if anybody would any fans swap for any of the current team.. as there was a lot say last season we were crap but they actually done ok.. 

• Like 1

Nathan Ablitt and Jordan Jenkins seemed to do ok tonight...

And Connor Coles done ok (Consistent points at least) at Stoke the other night... Has experience at Brough...

1 hour ago, Dandelion said:

Nathan Ablitt and Jordan Jenkins seemed to do ok tonight...

And Connor Coles done ok (Consistent points at least) at Stoke the other night... Has experience at Brough...

True but it was the I.O.W. Which, if memory serves me right, is more akin to a larger Peterborough than a technical Brough Park.

• Like 3

Guest Loose Diamond

Cannot carry Danny Phillips all season. Martin Phillips said Simon Lambert was signed because he could ride bigger tracks. So far he's proved he cannot. Changes have to be made.

On 5/1/2019 at 8:52 AM, Loose Diamond said:

Cannot carry Danny Phillips all season. Martin Phillips said Simon Lambert was signed because he could ride bigger tracks. So far he's proved he cannot. Changes have to be made.

i for one  would have thought Danny Phillips would have had  a decent start to the 2019 season .

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bigred said:

What Average would Tom Perry come in on ? 

Didn't ride in the premiership last season, so I would assume he would come in on his 2017 finishing average which was about 3.6.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, leander said:

Didn't ride in the premiership last season, so I would assume he would come in on his 2017 finishing average which was about 3.6.

As ever the rules are loose. End of 2017 would be 3.61 - any reduction? Or latest current average is 50% of his NL ave at Stoke so 4.03? There will be somebody far smarter than me who knows but with the greatest of respect to Tom is he a step forward for the club/sport? He has ridden at higher levels and whilst well tipped never delivered upon the potential then so wonder if the hunger is there to do so now? 

Tom would be good for a few points at most tracks,See how Simon and dan go at Glasgow.there both more suited to bigger tracks .