British Speedway Forum

5 hours ago, jenga said:

i for one  would have thought Danny Phillips would have had  a decent start to the 2019 season .

Is that because your delusional 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Is that because your delusional 

NO , its because i like to give everyone a chance . i have a different outlook to what you have . fans expect an awful lot from other humans . its easy to pay your £16 or so and be the best supporter in the crowd. riding a bike and risking it all is a thing i would not like to do . how about you . are you a dare devil . can you eat wholemeal bread without butter on ?  i bet you dunk biscuits in tea cos they are too hard to take on without being softened up first .give riders a chance . workington did with young Kyle Bickley in 18 and its now Glasgow who are getting the benefit from that .OH , to be perfect .

Edited by jenga
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/1/2019 at 8:52 AM, Loose Diamond said:

Cannot carry Danny Phillips all season. Martin Phillips said Simon Lambert was signed because he could ride bigger tracks. So far he's proved he cannot. Changes have to be made.

lost one league match away at Leicester and already crying for changes get a grip

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bigred said:

Tom would be good for a few points at most tracks,See how Simon and dan go at Glasgow.there both more suited to bigger tracks .

Last time Danny rode therr for the diamonds well best not to mention it ... that's it in a nutshell...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 points from 19 rides( Championship and Championship Shield)would suggest Danny Phillips doesn't go well anywhere. 

12 hours ago, homer said:

lost one league match away at Leicester and already crying for changes get a grip

It's called being ambitious

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

It's called being ambitious

It's called being supportive

12 hours ago, jenga said:

NO , its because i like to give everyone a chance . i have a different outlook to what you have . fans expect an awful lot from other humans . its easy to pay your £16 or so and be the best supporter in the crowd. riding a bike and risking it all is a thing i would not like to do . how about you . are you a dare devil . can you eat wholemeal bread without butter on ?  i bet you dunk biscuits in tea cos they are too hard to take on without being softened up first .give riders a chance . workington did with young Kyle Bickley in 18 and its now Glasgow who are getting the benefit from that .OH , to be perfect .

Having watched Danny struggle all last year I would suggest he was given a huge chance and sadly he didn't improve at all and in many ways went backwards. I understand his previous injury had a bearing on this but from cannot understand why anyone thought there would be a huge improvement. regarding kyle he was given time to improve and develop in a strong team that won everything which is undoubtedly easier than in a team that has a couple of riders not performing constantly. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Having watched Danny struggle all last year I would suggest he was given a huge chance and sadly he didn't improve at all and in many ways went backwards. I understand his previous injury had a bearing on this but from cannot understand why anyone thought there would be a huge improvement. regarding kyle he was given time to improve and develop in a strong team that won everything which is undoubtedly easier than in a team that has a couple of riders not performing constantly. 

Certainly not a fair comparison between Danny & Kyle as one rider has been around several years and been afforded more opportunities at Championship level than many riders of increased ability have received in the past. In contrast Bickley has progressed year on year, benefited from local loyalty although that works both ways and of course is a rider with GP level backing and equipment so is likely to continue his rise and become prominent figure in the sport rather than a do you remember rider that Phillips is destined for.

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Certainly not a fair comparison between Danny & Kyle as one rider has been around several years and been afforded more opportunities at Championship level than many riders of increased ability have received in the past. In contrast Bickley has progressed year on year, benefited from local loyalty although that works both ways and of course is a rider with GP level backing and equipment so is likely to continue his rise and become prominent figure in the sport rather than a do you remember rider that Phillips is destined for.

Let's look at some facts shall we?

Kyle Bickley: NL debut 2017. Championship debut 2018.

Danny Phillips: NL debut 2012. Championship debut 2016 including bad injury, when 'experts' advised him not to ride again and missed nearly a full season.

Of course, your last comment is purely your opinion.

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I want trying to compare them my answer was in response to jengas post. as I have said before last year danny beat kyle from a 15m handicap at the ewr early in the season later on when they met and both went from the taped kyle was a country mile in front. one progressed the other didn't. no axe to grind its as I saw it

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Let's look at some facts shall we?

Kyle Bickley: NL debut 2017. Championship debut 2018.

Danny Phillips: NL debut 2012. Championship debut 2016 including bad injury, when 'experts' advised him not to ride again and missed nearly a full season.

Of course, your last comment is purely your opinion.

Yep 100% purely my opinion throughout (it would be a messed up sport if all my opinions became reality). All hats off to Danny for his recovery from injury and i do accept that has slowed his progression but riders are generally judged upon results regardless of the situations behind the scenes. Danny had 2016 & 2018 where he didn't improve upon his 2.00 average ( i accept i as on the rise after a few meetings prior to his crash but can't really judge that). Bickley didn't increase is during 2018 and if he has not shown and increase by the end of 2019 i suspect the same questions will be being asked about him too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Yep 100% purely my opinion throughout (it would be a messed up sport if all my opinions became reality). All hats off to Danny for his recovery from injury and i do accept that has slowed his progression but riders are generally judged upon results regardless of the situations behind the scenes. Danny had 2016 & 2018 where he didn't improve upon his 2.00 average ( i accept i as on the rise after a few meetings prior to his crash but can't really judge that). Bickley didn't increase is during 2018 and if he has not shown and increase by the end of 2019 i suspect the same questions will be being asked about him too. 

Leon Flint guested for Redcar at Brough and, couldn't beat Phillips, a week later he did, twice,,, is that progression ?

3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

Leon Flint guested for Redcar at Brough and, couldn't beat Phillips, a week later he did, twice,,, is that progression ?

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

My argument is that Danny Phillips has been around for a good while now and isn't showing any sign of improvement. I understand he had a bad injury but my honest opinion is he is and will only ever be NL standard. I hope he proves me wrong.

6 hours ago, StevePark said:

It's called being supportive