British Speedway Forum

19 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

Nice lad Simon but unfortunately he can't get dialled in at brough,, as Danny can't either & lasse is having big problems,, change's need to be Made

Not sure how many changes need to be made, but with the points limit how it is,,, do you swap 'like for like', one at a time, or 2/3 together ?

A redeclaration could prove fatal.

Edited by ruffdiamond

1 hour ago, pienpeesman said:

Nice lad Simon but unfortunately he can't get dialled in at brough,, as Danny can't either & lasse is having big problems,, change's need to be Made

Always been a big fan, and I feel really sorry for him, but he just can't ride Brough

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

Not sure how many changes need to be made, but with the points limit how it is,,, do you swap 'like for like', one at a time, or 2/3 together ?

A redeclaration could prove fatal.

I still like the suggestions I made on the other thread :D

I feel sorry for Lambert .. he's trying but Brough is just not his track

Bjerre - no sympathy for ....  remains an enigma but in 6 home meetings he has shown no ability to master the track - which we did fear at the start of the season .... 

Philips - cant fault his heart or effort  .... but just aint good enough im afraid

changes need to be made - but who is available is another matter

• Confused 1

Lasse Bjerre just looks slow sometimes. 

You would think his brother could help getting him dialled into BP.

If Lasse and Lambert left could we bring in Newman with Clegg at no.2? (Sorry, I'm not being lazy...I'm in the Lake District with very iffy internet...God only knows when this will reach the board).

2 hours ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

Lasse Bjerre just looks slow sometimes. 

You would think his brother could help getting him dialled into BP.

If Lasse and Lambert left could we bring in Newman with Clegg at no.2? (Sorry, I'm not being lazy...I'm in the Lake District with very iffy internet...God only knows when this will reach the board).

Nope. My understanding of the rules is that if we are over the limit (which we are) then it is like for like. For example if you drop Simon ( 4.2 )and Danny ( 2.00 ) you can only bring in another 4.2 or under and another 2.00. You can't bring in 2 x 3.00 pointers. You could bring in Newman as a straight swap for Bjerre but would you really want to? Kyle seems to be really struggling these last two seasons Birmingham managed to bring in Ellis and Stoneman because their overall revised team total was still under 38.00. 

Not sure who you would get to fill Danny's shoes should you make that change. Glasgow haven't replaced Chessell yet, and Scunthorpe have turned to Joe Lawlor to possibly fill their vacant two point slot.

Jed List was out on track last night again and looked okay, but his times were nearer the 68.0 to 69.0 mark (about a second a lap slower than the average time during the meeting). 

Lasse just needs to get his bike issues sorted out, and quick. (People forget that when Kenneth first signed for us he was rubbish for the first three months, then outstanding from about June onwards).

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, leander said:

Nope. My understanding of the rules is that if we are over the limit (which we are) then it is like for like. For example if you drop Simon ( 4.2 )and Danny ( 2.00 ) you can only bring in another 4.2 or under and another 2.00. You can't bring in 2 x 3.00 pointers. You could bring in Newman as a straight swap for Bjerre but would you really want to? Kyle seems to be really struggling these last two seasons Birmingham managed to bring in Ellis and Stoneman because their overall revised team total was still under 38.00. 

Not sure who you would get to fill Danny's shoes should you make that change. Glasgow haven't replaced Chessell yet, and Scunthorpe have turned to Joe Lawlor to possibly fill their vacant two point slot.

Jed List was out on track last night again and looked okay, but his times were nearer the 68.0 to 69.0 mark (about a second a lap slower than the average time during the meeting). 

Lasse just needs to get his bike issues sorted out, and quick. (People forget that when Kenneth first signed for us he was rubbish for the first three months, then outstanding from about June onwards).

I would take that risk and it has to be remembered the times could come down, given more practice and advice on how to ride our track. He certainly attacks the track, bike pops a bit and gearing sounds too low. We have nothing to lose IMO, Simon is not doing what he was appointed to do and List could improve with more track time. Something has to change.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I would take that risk and it has to be remembered the times could come down, given more practice and advice on how to ride our track. He certainly attacks the track, bike pops a bit and gearing sounds too low. We have nothing to lose IMO, Simon is not doing what he was appointed to do and List could improve with more track time. Something has to change.

I think putting Jedd out with Josh last night, was a bit of a yardstick.

1 hour ago, leander said:

I get what your saying there, but wasn't Kenneth 'newish' ???,,, whereas Lasse has been around a while and, av thought Lasse has been ok upto now, but was pants last night,,, maybe still not right since the Glasgow match ?

10 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

I think putting Jedd out with Josh last night, was a bit of a yardstick.

Also if you look at the time he recorded in that race with Josh it was still 4 seconds slower than the reserves race.  Even if you say it was not a competitive race, 4 seconds is still a lot.

5 minutes ago, diamond@heart said:

Also if you look at the time he recorded in that race with Josh it was still 4 seconds slower than the reserves race.  Even if you say it was not a competitive race, 4 seconds is still a lot.

Am not saying that Jedd is the answer, but would stick me neck out and say that Simon isn't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leander said:

What about Danyon Hume had injury problems but he is a racer.

• Like 3

Kenneth was rubbish for 3 months ?  eh not the Kenneth bjerre I saw -  he was new and had some gating issues but everyone could see he had raw talent and pace he had - and he scored enough points at he start of the season to ensure his average wasn't too shabby by the end of year -  Kenneth was also riding in a more competitive league

Lasse on the other hand is veteran and should be improving his average .............  lets not forgot an average team will score 42 points in 14 heats - some 3.5 points and 9% higher than the team building 38.5      This is a much weaker league .......   the team that had Larsson, bach and lemon would murder any of the current championship sides

Lasse has never performed on this track - which is disappointing because I would expect every heat leader to race at any track

It is now a month since I first suggested on here that Newcastle should sign Jedd List in place of Simon Lambert.

Have they won a match since then?

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

Maybe so. He's actually had almost as much track time as the rest of the team. lol. There have been too many blank Sundays ( three in the last six weeks) for our newbies to get properly dialled in. I would have hoped to see some of them out after the main meeting practising, and trying to sort out some of the issues they are having, but that hasn't happened. Another week off next week, then next month there is at least two possibly three blank Sundays.  It's crazy having so many blank dates this early in the season. Then in July and August there are no spare dates meaning if we have any rain-offs we'll be struggling to get the matches in before the cut-off.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, leander said:

Maybe so. He's actually had almost as much track time as the rest of the team. lol. There have been too many blank Sundays ( three in the last six weeks) for our newbies to get properly dialled in. I would have hoped to see some of them out after the main meeting practising, and trying to sort out some of the issues they are having, but that hasn't happened. Another week off next week, then next month there is at least two possibly three blank Sundays.  It's crazy having so many blank dates this early in the season. Then in July and August there are no spare dates meaning if we have any rain-offs we'll be struggling to get the matches in before the cut-off.

June 2nd home to Berwick

June 9th is blank as we are at Eastbourne the night before.

June 16th home to Berwick

June 23rd is the Fours at Peterborough

June 30th is the 90th Anniversary meeting