British Speedway Forum

4 hours ago, pienpeesman said:

So why not go 45 for prem 42.5 for championship & 40.5 for national League,, it's a travesty when we have rider in the lower league structures like the mid/southern/NJL who can't get a fair crack of the whip due to the points limit in all our leagues as it has a big big knock on affect all the way down to grassroots 

It's not the points limit at all it's because clubs can barely pay the seven riders they have so the BSPA are trying to tighten down on the build points so cheaper riders are drafted in from the leagues below... that's why 6 man teams were given such serious consideration but it's all false economy and promotions don't do the right thing.

Plus there aren't enough riders in each league band level to fully support and supply riders for their respective upper leagues... If there were around 100 riders for each league structure there wouldn't be an issue... however we only have around 120 riders for the top two leagues and some riders are getting pushed on to early when they are possibly not ready and a bit out of their depth...

Don't get me started on this cos it really boils my bladder... I honestly feel now the whole thing needs to collapse for a season and come back in a totally different guise... but it will never happen however here's a prediction... I don't think Workington will be the only casualty in 2019...

Regards 

THJ 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

It's not the points limit at all it's because clubs can barely pay the seven riders they have so the BSPA are trying to tighten down on the build points so cheaper riders are drafted in from the leagues below... that's why 6 man teams were given such serious consideration but it's all false economy and promotions don't do the right thing.

Plus there aren't enough riders in each league band level to fully support and supply riders for their respective upper leagues... If there were around 100 riders for each league structure there wouldn't be an issue... however we only have around 120 riders for the top two leagues and some riders are getting pushed on to early when they are possibly not ready and a bit out of their depth...

Don't get me started on this cos it really boils my bladder... I honestly feel now the whole thing needs to collapse for a season and come back in a totally different guise... but it will never happen however here's a prediction... I don't think Workington will be the only casualty in 2019...

Regards 

THJ 

When supply exceeds demand businesses can be very particular and keen on the price they pay to deliver the biggest margin they can..

Speedway has a better plan and actually as part of their operating model creates a system where demand far exceeds supply, meaning the 'suppliers' hold all the cards and can charge top dollar for their services and can even actually dictate when they will provide their services..

Not enough riders? Then have less riders per team...

Or have less teams..

Carrying on as they are surely isn't an option..?

• Thanks 1

In response to people wanting to re-sign Kus, he has started a business in his home town and wouldn't have the time to ride in UK. I also believe he was approached by the promotion before the season started and his wage demands were excessive.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards 

THJ 

I see that it might be to reduce costs, by having to employ cheaper riders, but some clubs have increased prices. So, in effect,,, their charging more, for less. Not sure that, that will work.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Not sure i follow your point. The NL points limit is designed to promote development league riders into the league (ready or not) and push the achievers up and out so in that sense it is working. 

In the two higher divisions it will always be broken all the while riders have two separate averages especially when they can be signed in the close season on the most recent average.

Using Ben Barkers numbers as purely an example:

%0

Guest Loose Diamond
8 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Not sure i follow your point. The NL points limit is designed to promote development league riders into the league (ready or not) and push the achievers up and out so in that sense it is working. 

In the two higher divisions it will always be broken all the while riders have two separate averages especially when they can be signed in the close season on the most recent average.

Using Ben Barkers numbers as purely an example:

Current Prem ave 5.63

Current Champ ave 6.77

If he doesn't sign for another Prem side this year next year he will be available in the top flight on his latest Champ average divided by 1.6 so potentially 6.77/1.6 = 4.23.

Same rider, same division 1 year on available almost 1.5 points lower, anyone else expecting pre-planned manipulation occurring.

Manipulation happened at Brough Park last week. Ellis Perks at reserve????? Total fiddling the averages. And actually X Glasgow promoter doing it. 

3 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards 

THJ 

Thanks big man that's given me a bit clarity,, & by the way it's about time the bright shirt made a return me thinks

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Loose Diamond said:

Manipulation happened at Brough Park last week. Ellis Perks at reserve????? Total fiddling the averages. And actually X Glasgow promoter doing it. 

3.85 average.

Good to see Josh Embleton getting a run out for Belle Vue Colts at home to Plymouth tonight (Thur 23 May).

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, StevePark said:

3.85 average.

Is that the one who said he would never work in a league against glasgow ??

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, erniew said:

In response to people wanting to re-sign Kus, he has started a business in his home town and wouldn't have the time to ride in UK. I also believe he was approached by the promotion before the season started and his wage demands were excessive.

Probably earning to much as a Czech speedway presenter for Czech TV

Guest Loose Diamond
1 hour ago, StevePark said:

3.85 average.

Yes as I said a few dodgy meetings and it doesn't take long to get his average down. Much better rider at reserve than Conner Mountain. 7 rides possible now. Very handy rider to have at reserve. May not have been fiddling averages but it is definitely a false average for him.

He was riding with a team leader of Nicholls capability & against 3 heat leaders in 3 of his rides.

What I see is a riding order of weakest to strongest, riders ride at 6, 7, 2, 3 or 4, 5 then 1.

17 hours ago, Loose Diamond said:

How is it average manipulation? Perks had a good season for Redcar a couple of years ago his average rocketed to over 5 I think then he got left on the shelf so to speak last year until he was signed on a short term deal by Peterborough halfway through the season he was playing catch up and struggled at no2 this season Mountain has over taken him in the averages I fail to see how or where the average manipulation is? 

I’d say they’ve built there team better than us regardless of who they have at 2 or 7 they will be strong. 

• Like 2

Guest Loose Diamond
28 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

How is it average manipulation? Perks had a good season for Redcar a couple of years ago his average rocketed to over 5 I think then he got left on the shelf so to speak last year until he was signed on a short term deal by Peterborough halfway through the season he was playing catch up and struggled at no2 this season Mountain has over taken him in the averages I fail to see how or where the average manipulation is? 

I’d say they’ve built there team better than us regardless of who they have at 2 or 7 they will be strong. 

Hello . Maybe manipulation is the wrong word to use. If you read my reply to Steve Park you will see where I think his average has been reduced. A couple of purposely dodgy poor scores would see his average drop below Mountains to allow him to drop to reserve. Just my opinion. I believe it has happened in the past with other teams.