British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Loose Diamond said:

Hello . Maybe manipulation is the wrong word to use. If you read my reply to Steve Park you will see where I think his average has been reduced. A couple of purposely dodgy poor scores would see his average drop below Mountains to allow him to drop to reserve. Just my opinion. I believe it has happened in the past with other teams.

That would depend on the scores being replaced.

A couple of dodgy scores could be put down to engine/set up issues or disliking a track they're at. Happens to all riders.

Edited by IronScorpion

Well, he's probly likely to be back in the top 5 when the next set of averages come out.

2 hours ago, Loose Diamond said:

Hello . Maybe manipulation is the wrong word to use. If you read my reply to Steve Park you will see where I think his average has been reduced. A couple of purposely dodgy poor scores would see his average drop below Mountains to allow him to drop to reserve. Just my opinion. I believe it has happened in the past with other teams.

I don’t really agree with that to be honest, I like Mountain too so whoever is at reserve either Perks or Mountain I think they’ll both score well personally.

4 hours ago, Loose Diamond said:

Yes as I said a few dodgy meetings and it doesn't take long to get his average down. Much better rider at reserve than Conner Mountain. 7 rides possible now. Very handy rider to have at reserve. May not have been fiddling averages but it is definitely a false average for him.

I agree it’s definitely a false average for him but thems the rules. You could say the same thing about Clegg and Lambert for us Clegg has had a pretty decent start to the season but his average is still below Lamberts which is probably beneficial to us because I don’t see Lambert scoring much even from reserve. 

41 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

I agree it’s definitely a false average for him but thems the rules. You could say the same thing about Clegg and Lambert for us Clegg has had a pretty decent start to the season but his average is still below Lamberts which is probably beneficial to us because I don’t see Lambert scoring much even from reserve. 

According to last weeks newcastle program max has a higher average than Simon,can’t tell you the exact figures but it’s over 6 and under 4 .

38 minutes ago, bigred said:

According to last weeks newcastle program max has a higher average than Simon,can’t tell you the exact figures but it’s over 6 and under 4 .

Clegg 4.47

Lambert 3.58

Would be my guess.

20 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Clegg 4.47

Lambert 3.58

Would be my guess.

Max 5.6

Simon 3.48 from the program .

10 minutes ago, bigred said:

Max 5.6

Simon 3.48 from the program .

which are not the official green sheet averages as they only include this season's fixtures (and bonus points). i.e. they're not the rolling averages used for team building or position.

19 minutes ago, enotian said:

which are not the official green sheet averages as they only include this season's fixtures (and bonus points). i.e. they're not the rolling averages used for team building or position.

Ah ok .thanks for that.When do the official averages come in ? 

1 hour ago, bigred said:

Ah ok .thanks for that.When do the official averages come in ? 

New GSA's 'should' be issued shortly and, effective from the 1st of next month.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

New GSA's 'should' be issued shortly and, effective from the 1st of next month.

The cut-off date is the 23rd of each month, so Newcastle have had 4 fixtures since the 23rd of April (Leicester Home and Away and Glasgow Home and Away). Riders will drop their oldest four match scores from last season to be replaced with the latest four. I've lost track of how many matches are included in the rolling averages. It depends how the scores/rides that are dropped compared to scores/rides added as to whether the average will go up or down. 

24 minutes ago, leander said:

The cut-off date is the 23rd of each month, so Newcastle have had 4 fixtures since the 23rd of April (Leicester Home and Away and Glasgow Home and Away). Riders will drop their oldest four match scores from last season to be replaced with the latest four. I've lost track of how many matches are included in the rolling averages. It depends how the scores/rides that are dropped compared to scores/rides added as to whether the average will go up or down. 

Hmmm,,,, interesting ;)

32 minutes ago, leander said:

Still 20 meetings, I believe.

• Like 2

it will not be long until they have to include all meetings (inc challenge ),  so they have a rolling average of twenty meetings over the season . prob even guest bookings ! 

• Haha 1