British Speedway Forum

15 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

So just being your usual self "you didn't" and from my edit above will you be the 1st fan of the Jacob Bukhave Fan Club as there is a vacancy below the ruffdiamond name "to be confirmed"?

Regards
THJ

Possibly, I had thought of it, we'll just have to see how he gets on.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Rather have lambert tbh 

Well you can now ;)

Just now, ruffdiamond said:

Well you can now ;)

No it’s okay I think we’ll pass.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

3.58 ave, 'bargain'.

4 hours ago, Yearbyred said:

You have obviously mellowed in your opinion of Jacob then over the years as you wrote this when a few of us Redcar fans wanted him in our 2018 team.

"Seriously, what is it that Redcar fans see in Bukhave that the rest of us can't see. I saw a hard trying rider going nowhere, but hanging around to make himself available. I am aware of a personal attachment he may have with Redcar, but I think Konopka was a better bet than Bukhave. Honest opinion."

Anyway at least his hanging around presented him an opportunity :)

I think you, and Redcar, would agree with my comments at the time, and like me you have seen the improvement in him and I have admitted to his improvement,  At least, and at last, Newcastle have been able to give him the opportunity that he has obviously worked hard for. I didn't need to mellow, it was all down to Jacob. :D 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Boothers said:

Although having said that, is Fjelsted/Slangerup the same place? Hate bloody geography! :rolleyes:

Actually I spoke with Ken's wife on Sunday at our practice, and it was her who mentioned it. Another Dane for the Diamonds. :P

18 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I think you, and Redcar, would agree with my comments at the time, and like me you have seen the improvement in him and I have admitted to his improvement,  At least, and at last, Newcastle have been able to give him the opportunity that he has obviously worked hard for. I didn't need to mellow, it was all down to Jacob. :D 

The fact that your original post was in response to a few of us Redcar fans wanting him in the team plans for 2018 would suggest we didn't agree at the time. He had shown improvement in the few visits he had made to Redcar after his initial spell, hence why some of us wanted him to get a place with the Bears. It's not a sign of weakness to admit you've come around to our way of thinking ;)

It was his assessed average that made it difficult to get a team place.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

The fact that your original post was in response to a few of us Redcar fans wanting him in the team plans for 2018 would suggest we didn't agree at the time. He had shown improvement in the few visits he had made to Redcar after his initial spell, hence why some of us wanted him to get a place with the Bears. It's not a sign of weakness to admit you've come around to our way of thinking ;)

It was his assessed average that made it difficult to get a team place.

Better try reading what I wrote. I was admitting his improvement. What do you want that would satisfy you, Flogging. :o

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Boothers said:

Although having said that, is Fjelsted/Slangerup the same place? Hate bloody geography! :rolleyes:

No Fjelsted is in Jutland where majority clubs are and Slangerup is near Copenhagen 

3 minutes ago, DWP said:

No Fjelsted is in Jutland where majority clubs are and Slangerup is near Copenhagen 

To be fair they are both in Denmark! :D

3 minutes ago, leander said:

To be fair they are both in Denmark! :D

And that's all that counts. :P 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DWP said:

Thought Fjelsted was on the island Fyn, which is part of South Denmark , but not Jutland

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

Better try reading what I wrote. I was admitting his improvement. What do you want that would satisfy you, Flogging. :o

I did read what you wrote. You said “we would agree with your points at the time” when clearly , at the time, we didn’t. 

And rarely since :) 

Guest Loose Diamond
4 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

I thought you might.