British Speedway Forum

2 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

I did read what you wrote. You said “we would agree with your points at the time” when clearly , at the time, we didn’t. 

And rarely since :) 

The point being discussed was about me not admitting to his improvement which I have. Time for you to move on. :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, diamond@heart said:

Got nothing to do with whether I have or have not.  This is what this guy does for a job/chosen career and has no doubt spent a number of years training to be a professional speedway rider so should be fairly proficient at it.  My comment is merely that the last time he rode he didn't exactly set the league on fire and I hope he has improved as if he hasn't, then what does he add to our current team, or better still, what does he offer that we were not already getting from Simon.

By the way, I could ask you too the same question and the majority of the people on this forum have probably never ridden a speedway bike but I was not aware that it was a pre-requisite of joining this fans forum. But hey-ho

Answer to your second point is yes quite often rode a speedway bike.. and it's a massive adrenaline rush as is cycle speedway which I have also done quite a lot.. agree on the fact he never set the league on fire but how many riders struggle & then turn it around to become a decent rider so I say let's give the lad a chance to see what he can do & if he scores his average then I'll be happy with that,, on Simon he clearly couldn't get to grips with brough but he did give it his best...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, iris123 said:

Thought Fjelsted was on the island Fyn, which is part of South Denmark , but not Jutland

Sorry you’re right. As the Danes call it the “piss stop island” when travelling Jutland to Copenhagen 

49 minutes ago, DWP said:

Sorry you’re right. As the Danes call it the “piss stop island” when travelling Jutland to Copenhagen 

Think I'll book my holiday now, sounds lovely!:unsure:

Hardly the dramatic team changes we hoped for but to be fair not sure what was really available

Good luck to Jacob

Best wishes to Simon - he obviously tried and gave 100% but sadly Brough just isn't his track and probably best decision for both parties

But he will always be welcomed back even as an opposition rider - he gave it 100% and that's all we can ask 

• Like 3

Good luck to Jacob. Not been impressive when I’ve seen him before but got to give him a fair crack of the whip.

• Like 1

Any 1 going to Redcar tonight !! Barker & wajtknecht & josh bates all out is the rumours & drew Kemp Danny ayres & Simon Lambert in as replacement's

Marginal decision - viewing at Redcar can be tricky if, like us, you arrive close to the start time. I'll keep an eye on the weather and on the field, I think.

17 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Connor Coles for Danny Phillips, anyone ?

I wouldn't hesitate Ruff. I'm sick of tired repeating myself that Danny Phillips will never cut the mustard and the sooner especially his dad realises the better. I think Connor Coles has came on a ton since he was with us. Glasgow would have signed him now if they hadn't already agreed to use Bailey the young Australian. Not sure if we would put Coles back in as he left on not the greatest terms as apparently he wouldn't take much notice to advice he was given. Personally i would still give him another chance. Infact I'd rather put you in Ruff.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Winditon said:

I wouldn't hesitate Ruff. I'm sick of tired repeating myself that Danny Phillips will never cut the mustard and the sooner especially his dad realises the better. I think Connor Coles has came on a ton since he was with us. Glasgow would have signed him now if they hadn't already agreed to use Bailey the young Australian. Not sure if we would put Coles back in as he left on not the greatest terms as apparently he wouldn't take much notice to advice he was given. Personally i would still give him another chance. Infact I'd rather put you in Ruff.

Thanks,,, but am retired now :). The last time I hit the track, I landed like a bag of coal falling off a lorry,,, I didn't bounce lol

If Connor didn't take much notice, or advice,,, I'd think he'd be well in on the speedway then ;)

Pontus aspgren... Sign him up... We need something...

6 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Pontus aspgren... Sign him up... We need something...

Very impressive tonight in a high quality field.