British Speedway Forum

7 minutes ago, MD said:

Very impressive tonight in a high quality field.

Too good for Newcastle lol... I assume Glasgow would want him now... I know he doesn't ride in Poland... And he's done very good in Sweden this year... Last average 7.something for Somerset 2014 I think

Dandelion, may I suggest you take up watching Love Island? You've been on Fantasy Island too long.

Does anyone know if we had any interest in Ulli before he signed down the road? Unlike some I could mention he goes round BP like a train.

Edited by Terrace Grumbler
Thought of something else

3 minutes ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

Dandelion, may I suggest you take up watching Love Island? You've been on Fantasy Island too long.

Would rather swallow my tongue... Would be less painful

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

Does anyone know if we had any interest in Ulli before he signed down the road? Unlike some I could mention he goes round BP like a train.

So does the metro,,, give your head a shake man ;)

• Confused 1

Newcastle fans - Jacob Bukhave's score last night didn't do him justice.

Slow he ain't. Think you have a good prospect there.

Edited by Guest

always rated him - think the Bears should have included him. Next year mebbe

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, mmmmethanol said:

Newcastle fans - Jacob Buckhave's score last night didn't do him justice.

Slow he ain't. Think you have a good prospect there.

Very much agree - but for a couple of possible lapses in concentration and a bit of ill fortune (plus no previous knowledge of Arlington) he could have bagged a couple of race wins 

Guest Loose Diamond
2 hours ago, DWaller said:

Very much agree - but for a couple of possible lapses in concentration and a bit of ill fortune (plus no previous knowledge of Arlington) he could have bagged a couple of race wins 

Yes. I was there. Max Clegg was right off the pace. I know our riders have not been there for many years and out of our current squad have not ridden here before, but you could certainly tell. But I know you cannot say riders are not trying, but after watching some of these last night it makes you wonder! Only ones to escape are Worrall, Lasse Bjerre, Matty Wethers, and Jacob Bukhave. Clegg, Jorgensen and Phillips really bad. Phillips quarter of a lap behind. Jorgensen terrible again. He just cannot gate at all.

Well after such a disappointing trip to Eastbourne... Something needs to be shaken up, even if it's just new faces to keep the crowds interested!!

1. Steve Worrall - Obvious keep, may not be the unbeatable powerhouse he was two years ago but he's a proper team man and captain, him and Max seem to ride amazingly well together and there is no rider in the world I would swap Steve for.

2. Max Clegg - Clegg's obviously worth keeping, gone very well so far this year, especially at home (Shouldn't be at number 2 though!! Too much pressure on the lad) He is very young and seems to have gotten to grips with Brough Park almost instantly, something very few riders can claim.

3. Lasse Bjerre - Has been slightly disappointing to start the season, however I feel getting dropped by Peterborough and getting over the few little bits of mechanical and injury issues he's had so far this year, he's going to step up a level, Seems to be getting more used to Brough Park and can be very quick in front, him and Matty seem to ride very well together, although he can be a little inconsistent and it's not so obvious, but a keep for me. I feel his slightly lower than normal average helps him keep his spot here.

4. Matthew Wethers - Early contender for Diamond of the year already? Not only has he really proved a lot of people wrong, as he was considered uninspiring when he was signed at the beginning of last year, he has really made the number 4 spot his own. Such a great style and is stupidly fast for a tall Aussie!! Really solid and consistent... And a few nice donuts too after heat 15s he really shouldn't be winning ;) Easiest choice for me... KEEP!!

5. Thomas Jorgensen - While Tommy can be very quick in front and very entertaining with his passes, he's kinda struggled for form and consistency as of late. I love Tommy a lot and think he brings a lot of excitement to the team... But he's on a hell of an average which sometimes (Last night at Eastbourne proves this) is not worth it. Maybe Tommy you need to step it up a bit, as you still seem to be making it hard for yourself around Brough... We can't be carrying a number 5 in this team!!

6. Jacob Bukhave - Watched him a few times in Denmark before and seen him once a Redcar... A boy do we have a quick talent on our hands!! I feel he just needs to concentrate more and maybe over a bit of time and experience in this country, he may step up to be a top quality rider by next season, welcome Jacob, good luck and fast racing over the next couple of months.

7. Danny Phillips - Perhaps the less said the better. I know what position his Dad is in and what the sponsors of the team have said. But surely they are seeing now that having Danny in the team is doing more harm than good, for both the team and Danny himself. He seems to be slower than he was 2 years ago, the year when he had his horrific crash. I'm very sorry Danny, I just wish we had a National League team for you to race for. Easiest choice for me.

At the end of this month the average will go from 38.00 to 40.00. With the current averages we will have 1.52 to play with. This is my proposal. (Tommy out for Kus and Danny out for either Kasper Andersen, Emil Grondal, Mark Riss)

1. Steve Worrall 7.59

2. Kasper Andersen/Emil Grondal/Mark Riss (All fit)

3. Lasse Bjerre 6.79

4. Matthew Wethers 6.39

5. Matej Kus 5.63

6. Max Clegg 4.47

7. Jacob Bukhave 4.00

Yes, I understand Matej Kus on paper is a slight downgrade on Tommy, and Tommy is a hell of a lot more entertaining sometimes, But he has struggled recently. I feel that Matej could come in and do a similar if not better job than Tommy at number 5, so not much of a downgrade for me. This biggest positives is the significant upgrade we'd get from Danny, all three of these options, in my opinion would springboard us up right into playoff contention... Not to mention than Max and Jacob can spend all of July at reserve!! As the only rider he'd pass average wise would be Kasper, the other two would keep him at number 6. It would mean that Max can go out and take all the pressure of reserve duties while Jacob gets himself settled in.

This, or something similar needs to be acted on quick!! Before people like Matty's, Steve's and Lasse's average jumps dramatically!!

(Please remember that Matej is a Diamond's asset, so it makes sense)

P.S. I know I'm just an annoying forum user living on 'love island' or whatever it is... But I am a concerned supporter of my beloved Diamonds and I want to see them succeed!! The team we have this year has so much potential, but I'm afraid the few riders we are currently carrying are going to ruin it all. Thanks for reading :)

• Like 2

Guest Loose Diamond
35 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Well after such a disappointing trip to Eastbourne... Something needs to be shaken up, even if it's just new faces to keep the crowds interested!!

1. Steve Worrall - Obvious keep, may not be the unbeatable powerhouse he was two years ago but he's a proper team man and captain, him and Max seem to ride amazingly well together and there is no rider in the world I would swap Steve for.

2. Max Clegg - Clegg's obviously worth keeping, gone very well so far this year, especially at home (Shouldn't be at number 2 though!! Too much pressure on the lad) He is very young and seems to have gotten to grips with Brough Park almost instantly, something very few riders can claim.

3. Lasse Bjerre - Has been slightly disappointing to start the season, however I feel getting dropped by Peterborough and getting over the few little bits of mechanical and injury issues he's had so far this year, he's going to step up a level, Seems to be getting more used to Brough Park and can be very quick in front, him and Matty seem to ride very well together, although he can be a little inconsistent and it's not so obvious, but a keep for me. I feel his slightly lower than normal average helps him keep his spot here.

4. Matthew Wethers - Early contender for Diamond of the year already? Not only has he really proved a lot of people wrong, as he was considered uninspiring when he was signed at the beginning of last year, he has really made the number 4 spot his own. Such a great style and is stupidly fast for a tall Aussie!! Really solid and consistent... And a few nice donuts too after heat 15s he really shouldn't be winning ;) Easiest choice for me... KEEP!!

5. Thomas Jorgensen - While Tommy can be very quick in front and very entertaining with his passes, he's kinda struggled for form and consistency as of late. I love Tommy a lot and think he brings a lot of excitement to the team... But he's on a hell of an average which sometimes (Last night at Eastbourne proves this) is not worth it. Maybe Tommy you need to step it up a bit, as you still seem to be making it hard for yourself around Brough... We can't be carrying a number 5 in this team!!

6. Jacob Bukhave - Watched him a few times in Denmark before and seen him once a Redcar... A boy do we have a quick talent on our hands!! I feel he just needs to concentrate more and maybe over a bit of time and experience in this country, he may step up to be a top quality rider by next season, welcome Jacob, good luck and fast racing over the next couple of months.

7. Danny Phillips - Perhaps the less said the better. I know what position his Dad is in and what the sponsors of the team have said. But surely they are seeing now that having Danny in the team is doing more harm than good, for both the team and Danny himself. He seems to be slower than he was 2 years ago, the year when he had his horrific crash. I'm very sorry Danny, I just wish we had a National League team for you to race for. Easiest choice for me.

At the end of this month the average will go from 38.00 to 40.00. With the current averages we will have 1.52 to play with. This is my proposal. (Tommy out for Kus and Danny out for either Kasper Andersen, Emil Grondal, Mark Riss)

1. Steve Worrall 7.59

2. Kasper Andersen/Emil Grondal/Mark Riss (All fit)

3. Lasse Bjerre 6.79

4. Matthew Wethers 6.39

5. Matej Kus 5.63

6. Max Clegg 4.47

7. Jacob Bukhave 4.00

Yes, I understand Matej Kus on paper is a slight downgrade on Tommy, and Tommy is a hell of a lot more entertaining sometimes, But he has struggled recently. I feel that Matej could come in and do a similar if not better job than Tommy at number 5, so not much of a downgrade for me. This biggest positives is the significant upgrade we'd get from Danny, all three of these options, in my opinion would springboard us up right into playoff contention... Not to mention than Max and Jacob can spend all of July at reserve!! As the only rider he'd pass average wise would be Kasper, the other two would keep him at number 6. It would mean that Max can go out and take all the pressure of reserve duties while Jacob gets himself settled in.

This, or something similar needs to be acted on quick!! Before people like Matty's, Steve's and Lasse's average jumps dramatically!!

(Please remember that Matej is a Diamond's asset, so it makes sense)

P.S. I know I'm just an annoying forum user living on 'love island' or whatever it is... But I am a concerned supporter of my beloved Diamonds and I want to see them succeed!! The team we have this year has so much potential, but I'm afraid the few riders we are currently carrying are going to ruin it all. Thanks for reading :)

Did you go to Eastbourne then?Kus is apparently not riding I believe. I would not have him back he's just like when he was at Berwick and Redcar miss the gate and give up at the back. A bit like Ludvig Linden.

24 minutes ago, Loose Diamond said:

Did you go to Eastbourne then?Kus is apparently not riding I believe. I would not have him back he's just like when he was at Berwick and Redcar miss the gate and give up at the back. A bit like Ludvig Linden.

Yes I did. And Yes Kus is a downgrade on Jorgensen, I admit... But is it not worth it to get the upgrade on Phillips and have Max and Jacob at reserve? Our team would be solid top to bottom and we'd still have an out and out number 1

Guest Loose Diamond
16 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Yes I did. And Yes Kus is a downgrade on Jorgensen, I admit... But is it not worth it to get the upgrade on Phillips and have Max and Jacob at reserve? Our team would be solid top to bottom and we'd still have an out and out number 1

Ok. That's good that you were there. To support The Diamonds? It is not an easy decision with Danny Phillips. Because I don't believe for one minute he will be got rid of at all unfortunately. Not up to Championship level. I think he is going backwards!! Jorgensen is so frustrating ATM. Giving opposition half a bikes length start at gate doesn't help either.!

1 hour ago, Loose Diamond said:

Ok. That's good that you were there. To support The Diamonds? It is not an easy decision with Danny Phillips. Because I don't believe for one minute he will be got rid of at all unfortunately. Not up to Championship level. I think he is going backwards!! Jorgensen is so frustrating ATM. Giving opposition half a bikes length start at gate doesn't help either.!

Thought I'd pop along since I was in the area :) And of course to support the Diamonds!!

Yes, I do know what you mean, don't see Danny going anywhere, but if we are to win anything this season... Maybe it's best, keep in mind we need to get through Edinburgh and another team in the final and we're in with a shout of a cup, we need the strongest possible team for then

I love Tommy, was one of me favourite riders, even before we signed him, but in the best interest of the club, he is struggling this season imo (For a number 5)... Which I feel awful saying

Guest Loose Diamond
22 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Thought I'd pop along since I was in the area :) And of course to support the Diamonds!!

Yes, I do know what you mean, don't see Danny going anywhere, but if we are to win anything this season... Maybe it's best, keep in mind we need to get through Edinburgh and another team in the final and we're in with a shout of a cup, we need the strongest possible team for then

I love Tommy, was one of me favourite riders, even before we signed him, but in the best interest of the club, he is struggling this season imo (For a number 5)... Which I feel awful saying

Yes he is ATM away from home. Let's hope he can get his gating improved!