British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, jenga said:

i think you are correct . i think  jamie  rode for the KBS diamonds @ newc . but could be wrong .

2000 before he went to Hull.

3 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Yes difficult one dandes isn't it . Although if kasper Anderson was 2 and Clegg was at 6 they would 100% flip positions after the next change of averages . 

Then fine, we'd have Kasper Andersen at reserve instead of Danny ;) We can't lose either way, and if Max struggles in main body, he'd drop back down again, we'd always be solid no matter what... Which is important

3 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Yes very good for us .. Scored 5 from 4 rides on his debut hoping for more to come though.

Don't worry, All us Newcastle fans have seen what a determined and never say die rider Tero is... He'd be my second pick for next years team... Behind Matty :) Wish we had him... I heard he didn't have his bikes at Birmingham, as all of his equipment was abroad, is this true? Could explain a lot...

2 hours ago, pienpeesman said:

According to the powers that be kid had another venture in his home country and doing well so I think speedway is the last thing on his mind & he'd be a big risk to bring back in so it's Tommy to stay for me

Keep Tommy even if it means keeping Danny as well? Unless maybe someone like Danyon Hume would fit in as a straight swap for Danny once the limit goes up?

2 hours ago, pienpeesman said:

According to the powers that be kid had another venture in his home country and doing well so I think speedway is the last thing on his mind & he'd be a big risk to bring back in so it's Tommy to stay for me

Good luck to the fella :t:

1 hour ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

Ruffy,  if you were -- just for the sake of argument - putting together a Diamonds team, would you consider Ulli to ride, say, at no. 5?

No offence to Ulrich, but he'd be one of the last riders I'd want the Diamonds to sign

• Like 1

Guest Loose Diamond
12 hours ago, pienpeesman said:

Aye but I don't know how to do it !! I've put it on Facebook so you could check it out on there 

Ok.

11 hours ago, Dandelion said:

No offence to Ulrich, but he'd be one of the last riders I'd want the Diamonds to sign

It's all about opinions.

And you've got a lot of 'em! :-)

I'm no statto but iirc Ulrich's record round BP puts Tommy Gun's in the shade.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

It's all about opinions.

Ulrich has been signed by Redcar last week to replace Ben Barker.

13 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Ulrich has been signed by Redcar last week to replace Ben Barker.

Thanks, PTBAB - I was aware of that but was trying (perhaps unsuccessfully) to make the point that if the Newcastle team is to be strengthened it's not only one of the reserve berths that might be looked at.

Edited by Terrace Grumbler
I made a mistake...

Guest Loose Diamond
21 hours ago, Loose Diamond said:

Did you go to Eastbourne then?Kus is apparently not riding I believe. I would not have him back he's just like when he was at Berwick and Redcar miss the gate and give up at the back. A bit like Ludvig Linden.

Danny Phillips rides for Belle Vue Colts in the National League.

Guest Loose Diamond
15 hours ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

Ruffy,  if you were -- just for the sake of argument - putting together a Diamonds team, would you consider Ulli to ride, say, at no. 5?

Not a fan. Give Thomas Jorgensen more time.

4 hours ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

It's all about opinions.

Errr. When? He wasn't in Peterborough's (or anybody else's) in 2018 or 2017 when they visited Newcastle. The last time I can find Ostergaard at Newcastle was 21/08/2016 when he scored 2+1 from 4 rides. Hardly earth shattering. He may have guested since for someone but I couldn't see or find any instances. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, leander said:

Errr. When? He wasn't in Peterborough's (or anybody else's) in 2018 or 2017 when they visited Newcastle. The last time I can find Ostergaard at Newcastle was 21/08/2016 when he scored 2+1 from 4 rides. Hardly earth shattering. He may have guested since for someone but I couldn't see or find any instances. 

We were offered Ulrich in about 2004/5 on an 8 average, and decided not to take him. 

Edited by Tsunami

4 hours ago, Loose Diamond said:

Give Thomas Jorgensen more time.

I don't see any alternative.

3 hours ago, leander said:

I've stopped keeping programmes but my recollection is of his scoring quite heavily round BP within the last 2 or 3 years and Roy offering the view that he couldn't join us because we run on Sundays: however if I'm wrong about that, I apologize.

53 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

We were offered Ulrich in about 2004/5 on an 8 average, and decided not to take him. 

My recollection is of him and the Australian Scott Smith doing laps in the second half around that time.

• Like 1

Is Ben Barker not a option for you guys ? BWD ? Bellago ? Dan Bewley ? they ride poland so suppose not really an option. 

Again like a few on this forum why don't the promotion treat the fans like adults and replace Phillips. Some of the more established riders are still not up to speed and the team cannot carry anyone and especially someone who rarely scores points. I have nothing against Phillips but unfortunately he has not kicked in at all.

• Like 1