British Speedway Forum

2 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

We had similar fiasco a couple of seasons ago, when our No.1 was to be replaced by a said junior, but then it rained in Poland so we were allowed a facility (r/r I think),,, try explaining that one, lol.

Don't need to, it was all within the rules. The crowd wouldn't have liked it if he hadn't made it back, and then found out he could have. Hats off to Robert.

2 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Don't need to, it was all within the rules. The crowd wouldn't have liked it if he hadn't made it back, and then found out he could have. Hats off to Robert.

Yeah, you just said it, 'it was all within the rules',,, but some folk, stickers, just don't get it and, BTW, folk will always find something to moan about :t:

28 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Yeah, you just said it, 'it was all within the rules',,, but some folk, stickers, just don't get it and, BTW, folk will always find something to moan about :t:

I noticed :D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tsunami said:

He didn't make it back and had no intention of doing so. The meeting was rained off so the interpretation of him being missing changed from being AWOL to unable to get back after a rain off. 

As you say ' all within the rules '  but just another example of our Micky mouse rules and the jokers who interpret them.

• Thanks 1

Has anything been said about the 90th anniversary meeting? The return of Robert Lambert perhaps? Maybe even bigger and Kenneth Bjerre and Nicki Pedersen might make a return? Or do we get to watch Danny Phillips Vs Luke Ruddick or something similar instead... Hope there's a special meeting with lots of Junior races too, with Archie involved as well...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Has anything been said about the 90th anniversary meeting? The return of Robert Lambert perhaps? Maybe even bigger and Kenneth Bjerre and Nicki Pedersen might make a return? Or do we get to watch Danny Phillips Vs Luke Ruddick or something similar instead... Hope there's a special meeting with lots of Junior races too, with Archie involved as well...

Probably the bottom 5 lines of your post will happen at some point.. but let's hope the promotion can get some legends back on track & hopefully the Owen brothers make a very welcome return among others

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dandelion said:

3 hours ago, pienpeesman said:

Probably the bottom 5 lines of your post will happen at some point.. but let's hope the promotion can get some legends back on track & hopefully the Owen brothers make a very welcome return among others

An obvious statement to make, but a lot will depend on who's riding in Poland that day.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, StevePark said:

An obvious statement to make, but a lot will depend on who's riding in Poland that day.

That's why I never mentioned any named of riders who did ride for us at the beginning of there careers Steve as it would be unfair on the promotion as some still ride and have polish contracts.. I'm sure they will come if they can make it !!

I see Berwick are now at Newcastle (league fixture) on the 30th June (filling in a previously blank sunday).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, leander said:

I see Berwick are now at Newcastle (league fixture) on the 30th June (filling in a previously blank sunday).

Was on the SpeedwayGB fixtures page and noticed the same.

7th July is a reserve date for the top league in Poland I think?

Edited by sparks123
Additional comment.

1 hour ago, leander said:

Assume that's to make space for Edinburgh in the cup? Edinburgh already racing on 30th so moves had to be made

14 hours ago, pienpeesman said:

Hope it's not all a big let down... We need a party to liven things up

Guest Loose Diamond
On 6/14/2019 at 1:20 AM, Dandelion said:

You could well be right about Phillips. V. Ruddick.

Guest Loose Diamond
15 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Hope it's not all a big let down... We need a party to liven things up

Correct.

17 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Assume that's to make space for Edinburgh in the cup? Edinburgh already racing on 30th so moves had to be made

Possibly indirectly. League fixtures against Edinburgh are listed for Fri 12 July and Sun 14th July. I would suspect that they are swopped to be the KOC fixtures and the league matches re-arranged for later on. The Berwick fixture was originally down for 08 September and was our last league match. can't see the KOC being left that late.

• Like 1