British Speedway Forum

On 6/14/2019 at 10:55 PM, Dandelion said:

Hope it's not all a big let down... We need a party to liven things up

Let's hope ( which I'm sure they are ) the promotion working on putting a decent meeting on ,, 

Guest Loose Diamond
14 minutes ago, JackJack said:

Wallinger dropped by mildenhall (a Sunday track) wonder if that's so he can ride for diamonds

No idea. Maybe?

2 hours ago, JackJack said:

Wallinger dropped by mildenhall (a Sunday track) wonder if that's so he can ride for diamonds

Would seem a bit naive to bring him in for Danny, when we will have about 3.5 points to play with, come July 1st. Unless more changes are afoot.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, JackJack said:

Believe just dropped to strengthen up the team. Not sure where that leaves him in terms of guesting in the Champs as there was a case that you had to be in a 1-7 or will he get away with being an unattached 2 pointer?

Taken from Newcastle's Facebook page, for those who haven't seen it (or got FB):

Everyone at Newcastle Speedway were deeply saddened to learn of the passing of long-time Diamond's supporter Gary Beaty this morning.

Gary had supported the club for many, many years and most notably as one of the meeting security stewards until health issues prevented him from fulfilling that role, but he continued to attend every meeting with his fiancee Mandy.

Gary had a varied set of interests including Newcastle United and events throught the City, and enjoyed a famous session as a contestant on Channel 4s Countdown a few years ago.

Gary's presence at our future meetings will be missed immensely by staff management and fans alike and the Club would like to send out heartfelt condolences and sympathies to Mandy and all Gary's friends and family.

R.I.P Gary

• Like 3

On 6/14/2019 at 1:20 AM, Dandelion said:

Has anything been said about the 90th anniversary meeting? The return of Robert Lambert perhaps? Maybe even bigger and Kenneth Bjerre and Nicki Pedersen might make a return? Or do we get to watch Danny Phillips Vs Luke Ruddick or something similar instead... Hope there's a special meeting with lots of Junior races too, with Archie involved as well...

On 6/15/2019 at 10:41 AM, Loose Diamond said:

You could well be right about Phillips. V. Ruddick.

Danny will probably be riding in the NL Fours at King's Lynn that day, presumably so too will Max,

3 hours ago, StevePark said:

Taken from Newcastle's Facebook page, for those who haven't seen it (or got FB):

Everyone at Newcastle Speedway were deeply saddened to learn of the passing of long-time Diamond's supporter Gary Beaty this morning.

Gary had supported the club for many, many years and most notably as one of the meeting security stewards until health issues prevented him from fulfilling that role, but he continued to attend every meeting with his fiancee Mandy.

Gary had a varied set of interests including Newcastle United and events throught the City, and enjoyed a famous session as a contestant on Channel 4s Countdown a few years ago.

Gary's presence at our future meetings will be missed immensely by staff management and fans alike and the Club would like to send out heartfelt condolences and sympathies to Mandy and all Gary's friends and family.

R.I.P Gary

So sad to learn of the untimely passing of Gary, had quite a few laughs down the years with him also was very helpful at many particular times.

RIP Gary

11 hours ago, StevePark said:

Danny will probably be riding in the NL Fours at King's Lynn that day, presumably so too will Max,

Not sure that the NL fours has priority over CL so you may be stuck with Danny but do also get Max which is a huge bonus especially after his 18 point Max last night. 

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Not sure that the NL fours has priority over CL so you may be stuck with Danny but do also get Max which is a huge bonus especially after his 18 point Max last night. 

Eh?  It's an Open meeting.  I'm sure the NL Fours will be a higher priority than an individual meeting.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Eh?  It's an Open meeting.  I'm sure the NL Fours will be a higher priority than an individual meeting.

Doh! Bit to early for me clearly.

Guest Loose Diamond

Here's a question for anyone. ( Sorry this is not about this post) How can you use R/R for a rider who is taking a break from speedway? Zack Wajtknecht?? Speedway's joke rules.

Guest Loose Diamond
Just now, Loose Diamond said:

Here's a question for anyone. ( Sorry this is not about this post) How can you use R/R for a rider who is taking a break from speedway? Zack Wajtknecht?? Speedway's joke rules.

And I remember Ron Henderson seemed to do this and Newcastle used it for him I'm sure. 1976/7/8? Still should not be allowed.

Off the Diamonds website:

Newcastle Speedway make fixture changes and push back 90th Anniversary Meeting.
 The management of Newcastle Speedway have reluctantly decided to move their 90th Anniversary Meeting from its scheduled date of July 7th to later on in the season to ease fixture problems and allow competitions to move forward. 
Commercial Executive, Steve Brock, who has led the planning meetings for the 90th Anniversary event said ‘It’s with great reluctance that we have took this course of action but with the added complications of having to give up our race day to shared events we really needed to place the official competitions as our primary area of concern.’ 
‘We have had excellent backing from the local business community for the 90th and thankfully they all understand our predicament and will still be supporting the event when we host it later in the year.’ 
‘This scenario just makes us more determined to put on something special later on in the season.’ 
Revised Newcastle Speedway home fixtures in the next few weeks now look as follows…. 
Sunday June 30th v Berwick – Championship 
Sunday July 7th v Scunthorpe – Championship 
Sunday July 14th v Edinburgh – this meeting is now the KO Cup Semi Final with the league match originally scheduled for that date now taking place on Sunday September 8th.

I am disgusted with the decision to "postpone" the 90th anniversary meeting. What a kick in the teeth.

My sons (who now live away but who held season tickets for years) have arranged to come home for this weekend, specifically for this meeting, which will now not take place. Still, they can watch a Scunthorpe select instead, which will be fine with them I'm sure; it will have to be, won't it?

If the promotion chooses to treat its hardcore support with apparent contempt then it must expect the consequences which may follow. Gentlemen, if you choose to run things heedless of the consequences for others, you may find that in time those others choose to vote with their feet - it's your choice.

Of course, we may now never know which riders had been booked to ride on 7 July - if any had been.

I know that things could be worse; I know that we are probably fortunate to have a club at all. I thought I could not be  more disillusioned with this sport, but I was wrong. Onwards and downwards.

Edited by Terrace Grumbler
Toned it down a little.
  • Like 1