British Speedway Forum

Guest Loose Diamond
On 7/5/2019 at 10:54 AM, Dandelion said:

Hopefully it's not too serious :(

Does Max Ruml still want to ride uk? What about Aaron Fox? He still rides and seems to be one of the better riders in the States (Obviously when the likes of Becker and Nicol are in Europe) And went around Brough Park very well when Edinburgh had him/when he guested for us... What average would Luke Becker come in on? Something has to be done, we've got loads of space to play with in the team... Redcar (our nearest and dearest) are making BIG changes... We don't want to take their long standing title of b*tches of the north east... But it's going to happen if this season fizzles out with what we've got :(

AT LEAST MAKE AN ATTEMPT!!

Yes we could very well be taking that title! I remember Aaron Fox at Brough and I'm certain he was rubbish! Sorry.

2 hours ago, Loose Diamond said:

Yes we could very well be taking that title! I remember Aaron Fox at Brough and I'm certain he was rubbish! Sorry.

I remember seeing him at Brough and he was capable of decent races, in fact I seem to remember we used him as a guest once at Brough. Unfortunately he had a mixed period at I think Edinburgh, and they disposed of him cos of his inconsistency's.

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

I remember seeing him at Brough and he was capable of decent races, in fact I seem to remember we used him as a guest once at Brough. Unfortunately he had a mixed period at I think Edinburgh, and they disposed of him cos of his inconsistency's.

One guest appearance saw him win his last race (his only scoring race in 5 rides),  7th Sept 2014 home vs Peterborough.  Lasse Bjerre scored 15 from 5 (including a tac double) for the Panthers!  Danny P also guested for Peterborough (scoring 1).  Ulrich Ostergaard (as an aside!) scored 10+2 from 6.

Another saw him score 7+2 from 4 against Scunthorpe in a 67-22 home win in June the same year.  TJ broke a scaphoid for Scunny after scoring 8 from 5 from reserve for the Scorpions.

Edited by StevePark

Guest Loose Diamond

Can anyone tell me what was up with Lasse Bjerre? Thanks

26 minutes ago, Loose Diamond said:

Can anyone tell me what was up with Lasse Bjerre? Thanks

He’s been sacked 

11 minutes ago, Gating tart said:

He’s been sacked 

Whilst its more than about time if its Ully replacing its hardly an upgrade. They both have their engines maintained by Westwood.

1 hour ago, Gating tart said:

He’s been sacked 

A bit harsh imo, but well believable.

On 7/5/2019 at 4:39 PM, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Waste of 4 points on him, no better than Stoneman on a 2 or David Wallinger who guested for him last time I was down

Well he beat the guy he replaced twice last night. In fact, apart from heat 5 when Danny Ayres made a blistering start, he was only defeated by opposition heat leaders. He'll do for me for now. it's other areas of the team need looking at.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gating tart said:

He’s been sacked 

Really.! I thought he was ill ( Some infectious virus). Point 1:- We used R/R for Lasse last night so a sick-note would have been needed. Point 2:- If he has been sacked then we would have only been able to use a 2 point guest last night (which, as it happens wouldn't have made that much difference). Personally I'd be surprised as he is 3rd in the team averages behind Steve and Matty (who has been simply sensational this year and is currently miles ahead in my rider of the year so far). Whereas our original number 1 is 4th!

Edited by leander

7 minutes ago, leander said:

Really.! I thought he was ill ( Some infectious virus). Point 1:- We used R/R for Lasse last night so a sick-note would have been needed. Point 2:- If he has been sacked then we would have only been able to use a 2 point guest last night (which, as it happens wouldn't have made that much difference). Personally I'd be surprised as he is 3rd in the team averages behind Steve and Matty (who has been simply sensational this year and is currently miles ahead in my rider of the year so far). Whereas our original number 1 is 4th!

Not sure what averages you are looking at, but he's 4th in all of them GSA's, 2019, home and away :blink:

1 minute ago, ruffdiamond said:

Not sure what averages you are looking at, but he's 4th in all of them GSA's, 2019, home and away :blink:

Page 15 Newcastle v Scunthorpe program. Which are THIS season's proper averages , Including bonus points. GSA's are always "bent" these days as they don't include bonus points and currently include half of last years fixtures! It just shows how good a partnership he has with Matty as they've scored as many bonus points between them as the rest of the team put together. 

Matty is averaging 8.26 this season as against his GSA of 6.52. Heaven help us if he gets injured. ( As Sheffield have found out with Broc Nicol).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, leander said:

Page 15 Newcastle v Scunthorpe program. Which are THIS season's proper averages , Including bonus points. GSA's are always "bent" these days as they don't include bonus points and currently include half of last years fixtures! It just shows how good a partnership he has with Matty as they've scored as many bonus points between them as the rest of the team put together. 

Matty is averaging 8.26 this season as against his GSA of 6.52. Heaven help us if he gets injured. ( As Sheffield have found out with Broc Nicol).

So does that mean we can swap him for a rider up to 7.42(his proper average)?,,, bargain, if we can ;)

21 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

So does that mean we can swap him for a rider up to 7.42(his proper average)?,,, bargain, if we can ;)

If you can find such a rider who is available on Sunday's.....