Joe Owen

Tom Owen 

Rod Hunter

Bobby Beaton

Alan Emerson

Keith Bloxsome

Robbie Foy 

It can be done

I would hardly call Joe Owen a slacker!!:o  Who was the slacker, I assume Robbie Foy?  I used to think that and then looked at old programmes and he was not bad, just when you compare him to the other 6 it looked like he was.  Oh, how I would love a time machine to go back to those days.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, diamond@heart said:

Who was the slacker, I assume Robbie Foy?  I used to think that and then looked at old programmes and he was not bad, just when you compare him to the other 6 it looked like he was. 

Same as we have now,,, only with an overall lack of quality ;)

• Haha 1

Cant quite understand some of the negativity on the Ulrich signing - it is a complete no brainer

He's a rider who will probably average better than his current average and it strengthens the team and puts Max at 6 where he will be 1 of the best reserves in the league

I feel sorry Jakob and hope he gets fixed up (and I would give him another go in the future) - but it is a numbers game and the Diamonds can still rescue this season

The side looks a lot stronger with Max at 6 and Ulrich and Matty as 2nd strings ....... our heat leaders are improving (at last!) and if Stevie can get his average over 9 and TJ and Lasse improving to get theirs to near 8  - this side looks very competitive (certainly at home) and could potentially nick a playoff place

• Like 4

Guest Loose Diamond
24 minutes ago, mauger65 said:

Cant quite understand some of the negativity on the Ulrich signing - it is a complete no brainer

He's a rider who will probably average better than his current average and it strengthens the team and puts Max at 6 where he will be 1 of the best reserves in the league

I feel sorry Jakob and hope he gets fixed up (and I would give him another go in the future) - but it is a numbers game and the Diamonds can still rescue this season

The side looks a lot stronger with Max at 6 and Ulrich and Matty as 2nd strings ....... our heat leaders are improving (at last!) and if Stevie can get his average over 9 and TJ and Lasse improving to get theirs to near 8  - this side looks very competitive (certainly at home) and could potentially nick a playoff place

Yes. I do agree with your thoughts entirely.

19 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

A think Dave has a lie-in on Wednesdays, as he didn't even know that Ulrich had been peddled from Redcar until well into the evening last week, (or so he reckons) ;)

I can assume then that you don't watch the cricket World Cup matches or play squash between the innings. :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mauger65 said:

The problem lies within the last paragraph. Steve might get fixed up next season with an average over 9 but nobody would employ Lasse or Tommy Gun on 8's. Once the season has officially slipped away the riders will set about manipulating the numbers to get berths for next year. As is said time and time again, its a numbers game. 

I think you lot are looking a very strong team now, depending on ur middle order Dane’s, if they are riding to what they should be then you lot will be up there come end of season barring injuries. Clegg at reserve on the form he’s in with probably the strongest top 5 in the league.

• Thanks 1

I don't think anyone is complaining about our team being weaker, I think everyone just feels bad for Bukhave and still p!ssed off about the carrying situation... Mind you, I think our top 6 looks very powerful now, so hopefully we should be able to beat everyone at home and start to pick up points away (Importantly around Edinburgh on Friday)

I think our team looks a lot better now, but sorry to Bukhave :( Hope you're fixed up again real soon and don't hold any negative feelings towards us... Good luck

• Like 2

Guest Loose Diamond
8 hours ago, pienpeesman said:

Exactly as rather have ken Bruce off radio 2 lol

He's too old. But it might be the Corbridge clown.

Guest Loose Diamond
2 hours ago, Dandelion said:

I don't think anyone is complaining about our team being weaker, I think everyone just feels bad for Bukhave and still p!ssed off about the carrying situation... Mind you, I think our top 6 looks very powerful now, so hopefully we should be able to beat everyone at home and start to pick up points away (Importantly around Edinburgh on Friday)

I think our team looks a lot better now, but sorry to Bukhave :( Hope you're fixed up again real soon and don't hold any negative feelings towards us... Good luck

Are you going to Armadale?

Guest Loose Diamond
4 hours ago, Dandelion said:

I am. X. 

Guest Loose Diamond
3 hours ago, Loose Diamond said:

Are you going to Armadale?

Not many going to Armadale then. Excellent support. 

I wish I could go but a mixture of work commitment and lack of time means I cannot go tonight, good luck to the Diamonds though, hope everyone is safe and we're not out of it before the 2nd leg... Hope the trip is worth it for the fans going up :t: