British Speedway Forum

Just noticed on Facebook the stadium are advertising a circus from 30th July to 4th August does this affect our home meeting on the 4th in anyway or is it the car park it’s in meaning limited parking  spaces

11 hours ago, Bykerbiker said:

Just noticed on Facebook the stadium are advertising a circus from 30th July to 4th August does this affect our home meeting on the 4th in anyway or is it the car park it’s in meaning limited parking  spaces

Maybe the speedway is part of it, the circus, that is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, Bykerbiker said:

Nothing shown on the stadium website?

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

Interesting. The upcoming dates don't make a lot of sense. They seem to overlap quite a lot. Judging by the times it looks to be about a 2 hour show. Sunday is shown on the above page as 3pm. However if you click on venue:- Greyhound Stadium, Newcastle Upon Tyne there is no time shown for a show on Sunday 4 August.

Can't see it being in the carpark. not flat enough.

Your local Councils are considering applying a clean air "toll" on the bridges over the River Tyne.

Would this affect your attendance.

1 hour ago, Gringo said:

Your local Councils are considering applying a clean air "toll" on the bridges over the River Tyne.

It may apply to any supporters coming via Newcastle city centre ie off the A1 and in my opinion I don't see how supporters would be able to avoid it traveling from south Tyneside to North  as the alternative way would be via the Tyne Tunnel which there already is I believe a toll charge of £1.80 each way!! 

9 hours ago, Gringo said:

There appears to be several councils that are considering these actions, i think is been passed down from above and the consultancy agencies are making a fortune pitching the same idea over and over again. 

12 hours ago, StevePark said:

Anyone else have mild dyslexia whilst reading the circus name?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, mike7164 said:

It may apply to any supporters coming via Newcastle city centre ie off the A1 and in my opinion I don't see how supporters would be able to avoid it traveling from south Tyneside to North  as the alternative way would be via the Tyne Tunnel which there already is I believe a toll charge of £1.80 each way!! 

It does not just cover the Tyne Bridge, I think sections of the Coast Road are included as well as most of the bridges crossing the Tyne with the exception of Scotwood and the A1 bridge next to metrocentre.  Irs going to hit public transport as well and I think they will stop services travelling across the Tyne Bridge.

What are they actually going to do with the toll money?

6 hours ago, diamond@heart said:

It does not just cover the Tyne Bridge, I think sections of the Coast Road are included as well as most of the bridges crossing the Tyne with the exception of Scotwood and the A1 bridge next to metrocentre.  Irs going to hit public transport as well and I think they will stop services travelling across the Tyne Bridge.

I realise your above points and agree with you, however all I was trying to achieve was giving an explanation on the main roads that people will know and most likely to use.

Rather than give all bridges where people have a chance to go where's that? how do you get to the stadium from there etc!!

However as you mentioned the coast road also be aware everybody the other road up for consideration is the central motorway!