British Speedway Forum

12 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

There appears to be several councils that are considering these actions, i think is been passed down from above and the consultancy agencies are making a fortune pitching the same idea over and over again. 

Anyone else have mild dyslexia whilst reading the circus name?

Not sure that's true in relation to Newcastle. Yes we have pollution problems, but it has been pointed out to Newcastle Council that that the tolls don't do anything to stop the pollution in the first instance so the clear air problem would still be with us. Being a Labour led Council, and always moaning about government cuts, it's likely that the council see it as a money spinner to get more money in their coffers. Liverpool and Newcastle are probably the hardest hit of the larger councils with the cuts.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Not sure that's true in relation to Newcastle. Yes we have pollution problems, but it has been pointed out to Newcastle Council that that the tolls don't do anything to stop the pollution in the first instance so the clear air problem would still be with us. Being a Labour led Council, and always moaning about government cuts, it's likely that the council see it as a money spinner to get more money in their coffers. Liverpool and Newcastle are probably the hardest hit of the larger councils with the cuts.  

Totally agree Dave its nothing more than another indirect form of tax!!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Liverpool and Newcastle are probably the hardest hit of the larger councils with the cuts.  

Which seems a total disservice to two area's that has provided the country with so much heritage :nono:

10 minutes ago, mike7164 said:

Totally agree Dave its nothing more than another indirect form of tax!!

I just hope they don't find a way to start taxing 'vaping' ;)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

i am all for taxing all those human trains walking around our towns and cities .    walking down the street ,   its like following a coal fired steam train . i can see in the future the heath people will say its worse than actual smoking !     i say , tax the hell out of it . treat it like a poison thats contaminating  the clean air that we have left .

as Jeremy Vine said . following a person vaping and they exhale . its like their head has just exploded and all that mush is blown all over the place . yep, ban it , tax it . treat it like an airborne  pollution . cos that what it is .

sorry ruff ...

Edited by jenga
Do I need a reason ?

2 hours ago, jenga said:

i am all for taxing all those human trains walking around our towns and cities .    walking down the street ,   its like following a coal fired steam train . i can see in the future the heath people will say its worse than actual smoking !     i say , tax the hell out of it . treat it like a poison thats contaminating  the clean air that we have left .

as Jeremy Vine said . following a person vaping and they exhale . its like their head has just exploded and all that mush is blown all over the place . yep, ban it , tax it . treat it like an airborne  pollution . cos that what it is .

sorry ruff ...

No need to apologise friend, your point is very valid, but it is much more pleasanter than being beside them smelly tramps that smoke tabs from a box :nono:

15 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

No need to apologise friend, your point is very valid, but it is much more pleasanter than being beside them smelly tramps that smoke tabs from a box :nono:

thanks for the nice reply. its not often i get a good response on here (especially frae up north :o ) tried the dirty habit when i was about 17 . i would rather lick a dogs ar$e than smoke . ( thats if the dog would let me .) lol. 

i can see our 3 northern friends putting another spin on this post (sad or confused ). missing the sideways stuff . maybe next year, maybe !

• Like 1

Guest Loose Diamond
23 hours ago, Diamondlil said:

MD more than likely waste it

Paint the Tyne Bridge?

Guest Loose Diamond
17 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

I would not put it past them!

will already be onnit . not many things zero rated for vat i think book , papers and kids clothes . dont mind being wrong on this one .

Guest Loose Diamond

Question for anyone to answer. Speedway of Nations result. Is it not the team that scores the most points should win!?

5 minutes ago, Loose Diamond said:

Question for anyone to answer. Speedway of Nations result. Is it not the team that scores the most points should win!?

Even though it's got nothing to do with the thread of "Newcastle 2019" I will answer.

Yes.

Same as the League title, Championship Riders etc etc.

5 minutes ago, Loose Diamond said:

Yep. And the team that scores the most league points should be the champions. 

As to the SON  - awful advertisement for the sport.

16 hours ago, StevePark said:

Even though it's got nothing to do with the thread of "Newcastle 2019" I will answer.

Yes.

Same as the League title, Championship Riders etc etc.

I agree, even though it will not change the result of last year.