British Speedway Forum

On 7/25/2019 at 6:11 PM, ruffdiamond said:

A think Lasse is gonna have to average 7.5/8 until the end of the season to get back to his starting average and, Ully needs to pull his finger out to stay in the main body.

Ulrich at reserve wouldn't be too bad Ruff!!

• Like 1

On 7/23/2019 at 2:24 PM, Dandelion said:

We cannot... Not even close... Instead of Ulrich is the only really logical one, but no thanks, especially only after 2 meetings!! Plus Ash is still injured for a while by the sounds of it :( Would DEFINITELY have him back for 2020 though :D

I wanna know who this exciting rider who's going to be at Sheffield Roy mentioned will be...

Been a really frustrating season for Ash. I would think he would be on an attractive average next season. Would love to see him back with the diamonds next season.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Winditon said:

Ulrich at reserve wouldn't be too bad Ruff!!

No, it wouldn't :t:

On 7/23/2019 at 2:24 PM, Dandelion said:

I wanna know who this exciting rider who's going to be at Sheffield Roy mentioned will be...

Won’t happen now as Thomas Jorgensen seems to be fit but hazarding a guess I think a certain Edinburgh rider would of been in the frame 

• Like 1

Diamonds averages for August:

Steve 8.12, Thomas 7.23, Matty 6.60, Lasse 6.47, Ulrich 5.12, Max 5.05, Danny 2.00.  Ttl = 40.59

• Like 1

Some dissapoiting averages there. Bjerre was considered to be a no.1 a few seasons ago, now a second string, same with Østergaard.

Add a rider who hasn't achieved a 2 point average in three seasons the team is out performing its average so proves statistics mean little.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2019 at 3:07 PM, Fortythirtyeight said:

Some dissapoiting averages there. Bjerre was considered to be a no.1 a few seasons ago, now a second string, same with Østergaard.

Add a rider who hasn't achieved a 2 point average in three seasons the team is out performing its average so proves statistics mean little.

In all cases, with the exception of Thomas Jorgensen the GSA's are adversely affected by the 'rolling average' syndrome. Thomas is the only one who is riding below par. Taking this years averages alone, the other six are all averaging more this season than those figures above. Granted Danny is on the minimum 2.00 whereas his actual average is 1.74 for this year, given it was less than 1.00 last year it's still an improvement. As a team our GSA for this year's figures alone is 42.56. Max is actually averaging over 6.00 and Matty over 7.00 (Matty is over 8.00 when you include bonus points). Losing either of those to injury would be devastating. 

"Add a rider who hasn't achieved a 2 point average in three seasons". Not exactly true. This year yes (but he's getting there), last year yes. 2017, He didn't get an official greensheet average as he suffered a  season ending leg injury after only 4 matches (2H, 2A) so was still assessed at 2.00 at the time. His actual GSA (without bonus points) was 4.5. His average for all matches that year including challenges & KOC [which weren't included in official GSA]) was 5.00

Edited by leander
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, bigred said:

Tad early yet BUT max and Matty should be the start of next years team !

I would go with that 

Who proof reads the reports and articles on the Diamonds website!!!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, diamond@heart said:

Who proof reads the reports and articles on the Diamonds website!!!

Stevie Wonder.

• Haha 1

On 7/28/2019 at 9:23 PM, bigred said:

Tad early yet BUT max and Matty should be the start of next years team !

Is a tad early but I'd add Steve, Tero and Ashley to that list too... Fill in the blanks with an exciting number 5 (Richie maybe?) and a Luke Ruddick, Nathan Stoneman type at reserve... Would do me (First we need to know we are running next year!!)

1. Steve

2. Tero

3. Ashley

4. Matty

6. Max

Love to have Danny Ayres in the team too... But don't see that happening lol

Edited by Dandelion
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Is a tad early but I'd add Steve, Tero and Ashley to that list too... Fill in the blanks with an exciting number 5 (Richie maybe?) and a Luke Ruddick, Nathan Stoneman type at reserve... Would do me (First we need to know we are running next year!!)

1. Steve

2. Tero

3. Ashley

4. Matty

6. Max

Love to have Danny Ayres in the team too... But don't see that happening lol

Nee chance of Richie worrall either

37 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

Nee chance of Richie worrall either

That's a shame, has he upset someone like ?