Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Guest Loose Diamond
9 hours ago, Bellers101 said:

Got to love Lesser Bjerre! :cheers:

No idea why we signed him. His record at other clubs speaks for itself.

Guest Loose Diamond
1 minute ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

Let's not feed the Redcar troll, eh?

Don't know who he is anyway.

9 hours ago, Bellers101 said:

Hello and welcome. Good result tonight. Can't believe your reserves scored so many yet you still lost. :party:

7 minutes ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

Let's not feed the Redcar troll, eh?

It's true tho, our top 5 couldn't cope with their top 4,,, a top 5 primarily made up of ex Bears, as if that's not embarrassing enough as it is.

Thank the lord for max clegg otherwise that could have been alot worse, and well done to comets very own "thj' on winning the draw shame he missed the £500 drinks on him in mport on sat .

• Thanks 1

Does anyone know who Max Clegg belongs to ?,,, and I dont mean his parents.

I mean like who he is an asset of.

Edited by ruffdiamond

Top 5 very poor, Jorgensen and Bjerre poor all season apart from a few decent meetings, Jorgensen cant gate and Bjerre gives up to easily.  Worrall isnt the rider he was imo too easily beaten if he doesn't gate and doesnt seem to have the aggression of his brother Richie, even Wethers has been average in the last two meetings,  Phillips done ok and Clegg was awesome, apart from that our top 5 was well beaten.

Edited by pablo133
  • Like 1

Guest Loose Diamond
1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

Thank the lord for max clegg otherwise that could have been alot worse, and well done to comets very own "thj' on winning the draw shame he missed the £500 drinks on him in mport on sat .

Yes. He has been excellent. Matty Wethers as well. Danny Phillips last couple of meetings been ok. Ulrich got to give him a bit more time I feel. Steve Worrall a bit off the pace tonight. But Bjerre and Jorgensen just awful. Jorgensen may not be fully fit. But even when  he was he has lost the ability to get out of the starts. As for Bjerre can we not swop him for his brother??

Guest Loose Diamond
14 minutes ago, pablo133 said:

Top 5 very poor, Jorgensen and Bjerre poor all season apart from a few decent meetings, Jorgensen cant gate and Bjerre gives up to easily.  Worrall isnt the rider he was imo too easily beaten if he doesn't gate and doesnt seem to have the aggression of his brother Richie, even Wethers has been average in the last two meetings,  Phillips done ok and Clegg was awesome, apart from that our top 5 was well beaten.

Yes. Totally agree.

Worral, Jorgensen and Bjerre have surprised me how inconsistent and poorly they have ridden this year as on paper this team should be doing an awful lot better than they are.

Guest Loose Diamond
2 minutes ago, Barbarian said:

Worral, Jorgensen and Bjerre have surprised me how inconsistent and poorly they have ridden this year as on paper this team should be doing an awful lot better than they are.

Yes they should be but unfortunately are not.

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

Cradley (I think), as he signed for Dudley in 2013 as a full asset and I can't find that he has signed for anyone else on a full transfer since.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

Max’s contract is owned by cradley .a few years ago there were talks about no national league club owning riders,not really sure of the outcome of that.maybe he switched over to wolves/ cvs .

• Thanks 1

Was my first meeting at Newcastle for a good while.  Track was smooth, but seemed a bit dry, which was understandable given the weather forecast.

Newcastle top 5 were very poor, only two heat wins between them.  When behind, Worrall seems to just follow the rider in front using the same line, so is never going to overtake, 7 points from five rides and no wins is a poor return from a no 1 at home.  Bjerre and Jorgensen not much better.  Wethers had a bit of fight about him, but it would have been a sorry scorecard without Max Clegg.

Crowd was bigger than I was expecting, but a noted lack of atmosphere due to the lack lustre display by the home team.  Wasn't a great meeting.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Barbarian said:

Imo I don’t think Worrall has been the same since he broke his leg we have seen the odd flashes of the old Stevie but not enough of it. 

I’m  not entirely surprised at Jorgensen he’s always been pretty inconsistent and this year is no different.

Bjerre I was expecting more from he’s been a number 1 for Redcar and Sheffield... I know he’s never been fantastic around brough but I thought as the season went on he would get better he’s done the opposite and got worse if anything.

Edited by bloom89
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Loose Diamond said:

Yes they should be but unfortunately are not.

Somerset are so top heavy but got away with it. Personally i think it's a risky way to build your team especially away from home as 3 of their riders are basically national league riders. It just takes one of their top 4 to have an off meeting. Fortunately for them they all rode well. It's a bit of a concern with the inconsistency in our team but Max Clegg has been outstanding lately and one of the bargains of the season.