British Speedway Forum

Guest Loose Diamond
1 hour ago, idanthyrsus said:

Was my first meeting at Newcastle for a good while.  Track was smooth, but seemed a bit dry, which was understandable given the weather forecast.

Newcastle top 5 were very poor, only two heat wins between them.  When behind, Worrall seems to just follow the rider in front using the same line, so is never going to overtake, 7 points from five rides and no wins is a poor return from a no 1 at home.  Bjerre and Jorgensen not much better.  Wethers had a bit of fight about him, but it would have been a sorry scorecard without Max Clegg.

Crowd was bigger than I was expecting, but a noted lack of atmosphere due to the lack lustre display by the home team.  Wasn't a great meeting.

Yes I agree with what you say. Especially Steve Worrall. If he hates he generally ok. Cannot pass. Let's other riders overtake him outside or inside way too easily.

19 minutes ago, jackofdiamonds said:

Don't panic, we can put it right on Wednesday!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

They could redeem themselves with a 4pt away win.

Guest Loose Diamond
7 minutes ago, Winditon said:

Somerset are so top heavy but got away with it. Personally i think it's a risky way to build your team especially away from home as 3 of their riders are basically national league riders. It just takes one of their top 4 to have an off meeting. Fortunately for them they all rode well. It's a bit of a concern with the inconsistency in our team but Max Clegg has been outstanding lately and one of the bargains of the season.

Well their home defeat to Glasgow showed this up. Nick Morris first meeting back and I'm sure Chris Harris had a bad meeting. Glasgow perhaps fortunate to meet them at the time of Morris first meeting back.

Guest Loose Diamond
4 minutes ago, Loose Diamond said:

Yes I agree with what you say. Especially Steve Worrall. If he hates he generally ok. Cannot pass. Let's other riders overtake him outside or inside way too easily.

Gates.

5 minutes ago, Loose Diamond said:

Yes I agree with what you say. Especially Steve Worrall. If he gates he generally ok. Cannot pass. Let's other riders overtake him outside or inside way too easily.

He was exactly the same at the British Final - when he gated, he was fast.  But didn't seem to have an idea of how to overtake anybody.

I think it's been like this since his injuries, he needs to regain his mental fortitude.

• Like 1

Guest Loose Diamond
1 hour ago, bloom89 said:

Imo I don’t think Worrall has been the same since he broke his leg we have seen the odd flashes of the old Stevie but not enough of it. 

I’m  not entirely surprised at Jorgensen he’s always been pretty inconsistent and this year is no different.

Bjerre I was expecting more from he’s been a number 1 for Redcar and Sheffield... I know he’s never been fantastic around brough but I thought as the season went on he would get better he’s done the opposite and got worse if anything.

In Bjerre's case  so true. Machinery seems so slow. Jorgensen just shocking  from the gate.

Guest Loose Diamond
2 minutes ago, idanthyrsus said:

He was exactly the same at the British Final - when he gated, he was fast.  But didn't seem to have an idea of how to overtake anybody.

I think it's been like this since his injuries, he needs to regain his mental fortitude.

Yep.

Guest Loose Diamond
1 hour ago, idanthyrsus said:

Was my first meeting at Newcastle for a good while.  Track was smooth, but seemed a bit dry, which was understandable given the weather forecast.

Newcastle top 5 were very poor, only two heat wins between them.  When behind, Worrall seems to just follow the rider in front using the same line, so is never going to overtake, 7 points from five rides and no wins is a poor return from a no 1 at home.  Bjerre and Jorgensen not much better.  Wethers had a bit of fight about him, but it would have been a sorry scorecard without Max Clegg.

Crowd was bigger than I was expecting, but a noted lack of atmosphere due to the lack lustre display by the home team.  Wasn't a great meeting.

Never any atmosphere. No war- cries or anything at all.

Just now, Loose Diamond said:

Never any atmosphere. No war- cries or anything at all.

The "no war-cries" was a positive I thought.  Crowd never got "up for the meeting", no overtaking and the home riders never looked liked overtaking anybody...

On a plus side, we've got 8 more league matches this month with Max at reserve. If he's 'on it', he should be replacing any slackers.

Guest Loose Diamond
3 minutes ago, idanthyrsus said:

The "no war-cries" was a positive I thought.  Crowd never got "up for the meeting", no overtaking and the home riders never looked liked overtaking anybody...

I have seen Jorgensen , Bjerre, Matty, and Possibly Max at times pass. But Newcastle is a tough track to pass on. Generally some passes are made when a rider in front makes a mistake. Maybe the crowd had a feeling they could get beat by a team with Morris, Schlein, Covatti, and Harris riding. 43 out of 46 points. Home crowd I believe always want their team to win but maybe not so confident of some the the riders in the team to produce the goods on the night. Needed Jorgensen, Worrall and Bjerre to show more fight. Say like for example Danny Ayres in British Final. I wish we had signed him instead of Bjerre.

Guest Loose Diamond
3 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

On a plus side, we've got 8 more league matches this month with Max at reserve. If he's 'on it', he should be replacing any slackers.

Yes totally agree.

Guest Loose Diamond
Just now, Loose Diamond said:

Yes totally agree.

But will team manager do it that is the question.

2 hours ago, idanthyrsus said:

Give us a D?