British Speedway Forum

The last time I heard the "Brough" War cry was in the mid 60's but gradually the need for one died out as the Team was winning most times at home. 

Edited by scampispeedway

7 minutes ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

War cries?

It's not the 1950s man! ;-)

Maybe you should write a letter to BSPA ;)

Guest Loose Diamond
2 minutes ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

War cries?

It's not the 1950s man! ;-)

It was not in the 1950's. Was in the 70's onwards for me. Added to the atmosphere. Especially away from home with the Diamonds. Canterbury/ Eastbourne weekends were great. I'm sure Edinburgh fans did one or maybe two in the KO.cup. second leg recently. Glasgow supporters usually do a couple as well when they visit Newcastle.

2 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Where was george last night nothing in prog to explain him missing ??

Dogging ? ;) shhh

31 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Where was george last night nothing in prog to explain him missing ??

Family holiday. Back for this weekend.

2 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Family holiday. Back for this weekend.

I hope the burglars are reading this :nono:

With the threat of rain, Darren Hartley the referee, kept the races flowing at a good pace and the meeting was clocked as taking 1 hour 25 mins. Fortunate there was no crashes and no RR, but it was run at a good pace again without an interval. The Thunderstorm that was forecast as 1.00, 4.00, 8.00 eventually hit the stadium at abouit 9.30 and it rained for some hours afterwards. Had it started at any of the earlier predicted times the meeting would have been washed out and another trip up for Somerset with virtually no available Sundays on offer.

We got away with it. 

Agree with the comments about the lack of contribution of the 3 heat leaders. Even if the track was dry, and needing different settings, a team that doesn't ride weekly at Brough got it spot on, so why didn't ours. ? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

I hope the burglars are reading this :nono:

Thing they have left a loose rotweiller in the house. By now it will be very hungry. :D

13 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Thing they have left a loose rotweiller in the house. By now it will be very hungry. :D

Am gonna phone the RSPCA !!!!

15 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Am gonna phone the RSPCA !!!!

They'll never get out alive. :D

• Haha 1

well our very faint playoff hopes were ended by a 4 man team 

Max was superb and I agree the lad should be riding 7 races a meeting …….. continual poor team selection and just sticking to everyone gets 4 rides …

Not for the 1st time …..the defeat lies solely at the hands of our 3 'heat leaders' …. another woeful performance by them and they must be the only heat leaders in the league who cannot pass on their home track ….. Worrall is a pale shadow of the rider he was 2 years ago and bjerre and Jorgensen have just rubbish all year 

cracking meeting in terms of the closeness of scores...… but the races were again fairly processional - due to the fact we cant pass anyone !!

looks like Birmingham will stop us from getting the wooden spoon  

• Like 1

Tommy Gun scored well on Mon, so not his fitness. Was always hit and miss at Brough as a visitor. Lasse average was always gonna drop as half his meetings are on a track he cannot ride.

Steve was always going to re find his feet this year, always been a trapper and not quite getting it together at the moment. Never has been a racer like evil twin, who cannot gate as consistently as Steve normally does.

Ulrich is not a racer, looks good when gates in front but average other times.

Danny shouldn’t have lost out to Stoneman in hot 8. The guy has never been to Brough and fell off twice in his first race.

Matty down on recent form but still exceeding expectation.

Cleggy on it.

• Like 2

Give us a i