British Speedway Forum

Guest Loose Diamond
11 hours ago, Tsunami said:

With the threat of rain, Darren Hartley the referee, kept the races flowing at a good pace and the meeting was clocked as taking 1 hour 25 mins. Fortunate there was no crashes and no RR, but it was run at a good pace again without an interval. The Thunderstorm that was forecast as 1.00, 4.00, 8.00 eventually hit the stadium at abouit 9.30 and it rained for some hours afterwards. Had it started at any of the earlier predicted times the meeting would have been washed out and another trip up for Somerset with virtually no available Sundays on offer.

We got away with it. 

Agree with the comments about the lack of contribution of the 3 heat leaders. Even if the track was dry, and needing different settings, a team that doesn't ride weekly at Brough got it spot on, so why didn't ours. ? 

Well Bjerre should never have been signed. Jorgensen was always a good gater when he was riding at Newcastle for opposition teams. Seems now to be inconsistent at home as has already been said. Most disappointing. Steve Worrall another poor score at home. Not sure what is up with him. If these 3 had Clegg attitude we might be top of the League.

Guest Loose Diamond
12 hours ago, mauger65 said:

well our very faint playoff hopes were ended by a 4 man team 

Max was superb and I agree the lad should be riding 7 races a meeting …….. continual poor team selection and just sticking to everyone gets 4 rides …

Not for the 1st time …..the defeat lies solely at the hands of our 3 'heat leaders' …. another woeful performance by them and they must be the only heat leaders in the league who cannot pass on their home track ….. Worrall is a pale shadow of the rider he was 2 years ago and bjerre and Jorgensen have just rubbish all year 

cracking meeting in terms of the closeness of scores...… but the races were again fairly processional - due to the fact we cant pass anyone !!

looks like Birmingham will stop us from getting the wooden spoon  

Very possible.

1 hour ago, Loose Diamond said:

Well Bjerre should never have been signed. Jorgensen was always a good gater when he was riding at Newcastle for opposition teams. Seems now to be inconsistent at home as has already been said. Most disappointing. Steve Worrall another poor score at home. Not sure what is up with him. If these 3 had Clegg attitude we might be top of the League.

He had a new engine in on Sunday and, as far as I can gather, struggled with the set-up for it.

And, yeah, up until Sunday his home average was 9.50, so really struggling.

Edited by StevePark

Steve this league is way easier than 2 seasons ago and Worrall with lambert were virtually unbeatable around brough then

steve - is not the rider of 2 years ago atm in time (he may come good again) - and when he misses the gate he couldn't catch cold - harsh but true

and as for bjerre and Jorgensen poncing around at the back when beaten .... well frankly it says everything (of course we get the crap they are hurting and really care.... yeah about their low wages due to low points scored)

at least danny Philips tries to the end and they could learn at lot from that !      max and matty are the only 2 who can hold their heads up and both have been way above expectation

of course, despite the bleeding obvious .... us keyboard warriors are not allowed to the criticise the fantastically built side which is always just one meeting away from glory ........  it is another poor team that is heading for the bottom 3 ................  and I hate writing this stuff as I would rather happily praise the riders

one thing is certain..........  is sure Jorgensen and bjerre are not on the managements 2020 team  - well at least I hope they are not .............

a poor side and its been another poor season  ..... lets not kid ourselves otherwise 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

He had a new engine in on Sunday and, as far as I can gather, struggled with the set-up for it.

According to the SGB site, Steve is averaging around 8pts home and away in 2019,,, although I do understand that these are not the 'proper' averages, as per programme ;)

4 hours ago, StevePark said:

And Steve only got 3 points at Wolverhampton on Monday riding for BV and winning heat 1. He was pulled from his last ride. Hope he gets back to his usual as he is the key rider as opposed to Thomas and Lasse.

• Like 1

Guest Loose Diamond
3 hours ago, mauger65 said:

Steve this league is way easier than 2 seasons ago and Worrall with lambert were virtually unbeatable around brough then

steve - is not the rider of 2 years ago atm in time (he may come good again) - and when he misses the gate he couldn't catch cold - harsh but true

and as for bjerre and Jorgensen poncing around at the back when beaten .... well frankly it says everything (of course we get the crap they are hurting and really care.... yeah about their low wages due to low points scored)

at least danny Philips tries to the end and they could learn at lot from that !      max and matty are the only 2 who can hold their heads up and both have been way above expectation

of course, despite the bleeding obvious .... us keyboard warriors are not allowed to the criticise the fantastically built side which is always just one meeting away from glory ........  it is another poor team that is heading for the bottom 3 ................  and I hate writing this stuff as I would rather happily praise the riders

one thing is certain..........  is sure Jorgensen and bjerre are not on the managements 2020 team  - well at least I hope they are not .............

a poor side and its been another poor season  ..... lets not kid ourselves otherwise 

Correct.

Guest Loose Diamond
1 minute ago, Loose Diamond said:

Correct.

Jorgensen scored 9+2 last night for Kings Lynn.

Guest Loose Diamond
55 minutes ago, Loose Diamond said:

Jorgensen scored 9+2 last night for Kings Lynn.

I know Tsunami your response  to my message of Jorgensen's score at Kings Lynn was sarcastic (!!??) But I'm afraid he was not funny on Sunday.

Guest Loose Diamond
4 hours ago, mauger65 said:

Hopefully not. I would have Ayres and Barker if possible. But probably not going to get them.

Give me a, a

Guest Loose Diamond
22 hours ago, StevePark said:

Hello. Is there a cut-off point for teams signing new riders?? As Panic mode is still happening at Glasgow with Sam Jensen signing.

2 hours ago, Loose Diamond said:

Hello. Is there a cut-off point for teams signing new riders?? As Panic mode is still happening at Glasgow with Sam Jensen signing.

Something like 28th August I think.

Jensen has signed on a 28-day injury cover for Paul Starke, so hardly panic mode.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Loose Diamond said:

The team that we have now is the team that will finish the remaining fixtures barring any injuries!!