British Speedway Forum

39 minutes ago, Loose Diamond said:

It would be good if any Newcastle supporters would actually stand together for once at an away match.

Maybe they don't like you.

• Haha 2

Guest Loose Diamond
34 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Maybe they don't like you.

Possibly not. That's up to them.

So, I’m sat really disappointed tonight, reflecting on another poor performance from the Diamonds at the Media Prima Arena, and contemplating what exactly is the problem.

For a number of years now, against often poorer Redcar teams we have failed to get close to them in terms of points, despite for many years having better quality of riders - something this season can’t be said.

despite this, we were  built this season as almost a Redcar reject side. Aside from Matty and Max, all riders have wore the Redcar race jacket (albeit in their less successful days). Danny whilst never technically being a bear, let’s face it is so close to the set up can be considered an honouree bear......

so it’s puzzling how we connect a poor past for Redcar, and a poor current Diamonds septet and struggle to understand why we are not competitive.   As  called out above, and quite frankly what’s blatantly obvious is that max and Matty have carried us all season and are the only riders to “appear” to have fight in them. No shock they are both not ex bears...

Redcar made changes for the better and it’s worked...

so to disassemble our current  team, 

1) Steve - not the old Steve, and for some reason last couple of weeks off colour. So pleased he is a diamond, but realise he is a number of steps short of his genuine ability

2) Ulrich - bargain average and can’t be blamed - I remember an Ulrich that can beat anyone, but on a 5 point average he is defiantly delivering, but the real Ulrich could and should be a heat leader not a second string 

3) Lasse - the expensive mans Ludvig. Lasse is garbage and being passed by I think 5 riders tonight on his “best” track proves it. All season we have carried his excuses and quite frankly he doesn’t wear the name in my eyes.

4) Matty - fantastic season, carried our weaknesses, but starting to find it tough 

5) Tommy - great talent, even tonight he is chasing and riding hard. Puzzled how a gater can’t gate, but can at kings lynn. Disappointment for me, but only to the sense I know he can do more and seems to be trying.

6) max - phenomenal 

7) Danny - proud that he has proven he can mix it in this league, and any question he doesn’t deserve his place can be put to bed - regularly scores points at home and is a 2.0 rider 

The blatant route of the problem appears form. None of the guys except reserves and Matty give off the impression they are trying. That’s not my saying they aren’t, but they aren’t..! 

Contentious point - as much as I hated the bloke when he rode, i would pay to watch ludvig over Lasse any day 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Diamond geezer said:

So, I’m sat really disappointed tonight, reflecting on another poor performance from the Diamonds at the Media Prima Arena, and contemplating what exactly is the problem.

For a number of years now, against often poorer Redcar teams we have failed to get close to them in terms of points, despite for many years having better quality of riders - something this season can’t be said.

despite this, we were  built this season as almost a Redcar reject side. Aside from Matty and Max, all riders have wore the Redcar race jacket (albeit in their less successful days). Danny whilst never technically being a bear, let’s face it is so close to the set up can be considered an honouree bear......

so it’s puzzling how we connect a poor past for Redcar, and a poor current Diamonds septet and struggle to understand why we are not competitive.   As  called out above, and quite frankly what’s blatantly obvious is that max and Matty have carried us all season and are the only riders to “appear” to have fight in them. No shock they are both not ex bears...

Redcar made changes for the better and it’s worked...

so to disassemble our current  team, 

1) Steve - not the old Steve, and for some reason last couple of weeks off colour. So pleased he is a diamond, but realise he is a number of steps short of his genuine ability

2) Ulrich - bargain average and can’t be blamed - I remember an Ulrich that can beat anyone, but on a 5 point average he is defiantly delivering, but the real Ulrich could and should be a heat leader not a second string 

3) Lasse - the expensive mans Ludvig. Lasse is garbage and being passed by I think 5 riders tonight on his “best” track proves it. All season we have carried his excuses and quite frankly he doesn’t wear the name in my eyes.

4) Matty - fantastic season, carried our weaknesses, but starting to find it tough 

5) Tommy - great talent, even tonight he is chasing and riding hard. Puzzled how a gater can’t gate, but can at kings lynn. Disappointment for me, but only to the sense I know he can do more and seems to be trying.

6) max - phenomenal 

7) Danny - proud that he has proven he can mix it in this league, and any question he doesn’t deserve his place can be put to bed - regularly scores points at home and is a 2.0 rider 

The blatant route of the problem appears form. None of the guys except reserves and Matty give off the impression they are trying. That’s not my saying they aren’t, but they aren’t..! 

Contentious point - as much as I hated the bloke when he rode, i would pay to watch ludvig over Lasse any day 

Redcar is Lesser Bjerre's best track! Are you having a laugh?

He was garbage for Redcar. We are still finding his dummies around the place!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bellers101 said:

Is that why he is know as 'Baby Bear' ?

Bring back Ludvig I say!! Even the Geezer says he'd rather see him

Also Rene would be my dream signing to return... He's tearing up Denmark and Germany... Seems he's stopped with Britain though?

7 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Is that why he is know as 'Baby Bear' ?

Wonder if Roy can find a new name than ( grizzlie ) I think fizzled out is more appropriate

Give me a N

9 hours ago, Loose Diamond said:

What is confusing about my statement about fans not standing together like years ago? Possibly because only 2 cars go to away matches.

Well at home Newcastle has only one main area to watch the speedway where at Redcar I tend to stand on the 2nd bend but my mate likes to sit in the £1 seats and the same when I go to Berwick.I suppose it is what you want and I prefer to do my own thing as I have stood with people and they just talked all the time and if I wanted to do that I would go to a pub.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2019 at 9:56 AM, Loose Diamond said:

Hello. Is there a cut-off point for teams signing new riders?? As Panic mode is still happening at Glasgow with Sam Jensen signing.

Panic mode replacing an injured rider with one as a 28 day injury replacement.

Hardly panic mode as you describe it.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 2

Guest Loose Diamond
9 hours ago, Bellers101 said:

Correct. And we sign all your rejects.

Guest Loose Diamond
1 hour ago, pienpeesman said:

Wonder if Roy can find a new name than ( grizzlie ) I think fizzled out is more appropriate

Yes very fizzled out.

9 hours ago, Bellers101 said:

A average over 8 points in his first season at Redcar would suggest that the track has to be one of his favourites.

The problem with Lasse is the sulking it can be very long and deep.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Bring back Ludvig I say!! Even the Geezer says he'd rather see him

Also Rene would be my dream signing to return... He's tearing up Denmark and Germany... Seems he's stopped with Britain though?

55 minutes ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

Agree 100%!

You could swap Lasse for Ludde, but before the averages next change, as Lasse's is falling like the rain atm. ;)

• Like 1