British Speedway Forum

12 hours ago, Bellers101 said:

Redcar is Lesser Bjerre's best track! Are you having a laugh?

He was garbage for Redcar. We are still finding his dummies around the place!

His attitude around Redcar, might have been garbage, but the way he rode the place wasn't garbage. Incidentally,  I thought he was  unlucky last night, to be on the end, of two sublime passes, from Wrighty and MPT.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

His attitude around Redcar, might have been garbage, but the way he rode the place wasn't garbage. Incidentally,  I thought he was  unlucky last night, to be on the end, of two sublime passes, from Wrighty and MPT.

Very much sums up his time at Sheffield.

Good exciting rider but his attitude lets him down.

54 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

His 2nd season where he was coasting around at the back trying to lower his average to get a move constitutes garbage imo!

2 hours ago, Bellers101 said:

His 2nd season where he was coasting around at the back trying to lower his average to get a move constitutes garbage imo!

That's your opinion, you are entitled to it.

6 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

You could swap Lasse for Ludde, but before the averages next change, as Lasse's is falling like the rain atm. ;)

Any change would have to be done before the averages change irrespective of whether they are going up or down. The transfer deadline is before  the new averages come into effect.

1 hour ago, leander said:

Any change would have to be done before the averages change irrespective of whether they are going up or down. The transfer deadline is before  the new averages come into effect.

Oh yeah, that's correct and I had forgotten about that.

Anyways will we just use this thread for the Redcar match t'morro, saves time on anyone bothering to start one :t:

A think it might be another home defeat, especially if it's on and, Eric Riss remembers how not to enter bend 3 if he hasn't gated.

Edited by ruffdiamond

12 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Anyways will we just use this thread for the Redcar match t'morro, saves time on anyone bothering to start one :t:

A think it might be another home defeat, especially if it's on and, Eric Riss remembers how not to enter bend 3 if he hasn't gated.

Can't see it going ahead tomorrow.. I've just been to the dogs & tha paddling round.. 

13 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

Can't see it going ahead tomorrow.. I've just been to the dogs & tha paddling round.. 

Well hopefully all them dogs might drink lots of the water :t:,,, but the weather's not looking good for the next 24 hrs :(.

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

Thread started!! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

Well hopefully all them dogs might drink lots of the water :t:,,, but the weather's not looking good for the next 24 hrs :(.

It is if you like rain 

• Haha 1

Give me a D (can hear the crowd getting louder)

but the "S" will be tomorrow. Everyone will have gone home. :cry:

“As has been our downfall this season, we can't get everyone firing at full power all at once, and if all the lads were we'd be having some great wins to look back on, but again tonight the home side were just too strong for us and deserved their victory.”
Away-day frustration continued for Diamonds co-promoter Martin Phillips, as his side fell short in Friday’s local derby at Redcar.

If I had a £1 for everytime I've read this about Newcastle I'd be able to buy Mike Ashley out!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I remember a time when Newcastle ran every week from at least the start of April until the end of September because there were 21 teams

in the league, along with 4 team qualifying meetings and K.O. cup and other friendly meetings that were needed to be run.

With the number of matches home and away now being cancelled due to rain, I can see even with only 11 clubs running that some league

matches may not be able to take place.

Edited by scampispeedway
Clarifying number of clubs in league

2 hours ago, scampispeedway said:

I remember a time when Newcastle ran every week from at least the start of April until the end of September because there were 21 teams

in the league, along with 4 team qualifying meetings and K.O. cup and other friendly meetings that were needed to be run.

With the number of matches home and away now being cancelled due to rain, I can see even with only 11 clubs running that some league

matches may not be able to take place.

Slight exaggeration with 21 teams as the Premier League as was was always self limited to 16 teams maximum. You are right though at the sort of season that was the norm in those days. 14/15 home league meetings, 4 League Cup Qualifies, a KC meeting or 2 or 3, at least one open challenge starter and a 4TT qualifier resulting in a home season of about 25 meetings. Some fitting in that meaning the pressure was on to get the season underway in the third week in March sometimes with snow?ice in the track