British Speedway Forum

5 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Honestly if he stayed he'd have been one of our stand out riders this season... I know that doesn't say much but at least he's entertaining and actually passes sometimes... Nice style and on a low average... But he did leave under a storm cloud did he not?

Tell us more.

Just now, StevePark said:

Tell us more.

I don't know? I didn't realise he did personally... But I've heard about it on here this year... Dunno if there's any truth in it

1 minute ago, Dandelion said:

I don't know? I didn't realise he did personally... But I've heard about it on here this year... Dunno if there's any truth in it

Thought as much.

Just now, StevePark said:

Thought as much.

I admit... I don't know about it... What are you getting at?

Possibly something to do with a no show and late notification?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

I admit... I don't know about it... What are you getting at?

You just have to understand that not everyone is such an important person and gets all the inside information (:rofl:).

22 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Thought as much.

He won't ride at Newcastle whilst a certain member of the promotion is there

18 minutes ago, erniew said:

Possibly something to do with a no show and late notification?

Why did he not show? If there was no reason... Then there's no excuse I know... But maybe it was genuine? Everyone makes a stupid decision... He did dedicate many years to Newcastle just to get sh@t on by the fans 99% of the time... Unsurprising really

3 minutes ago, JCookie said:

You just have to understand that not everyone is such an important person and gets all the inside information (:rofl:).

I know... I'm a fan... So I am not important :) Or that's how it feels being a Newcastle Diamonds fan... We get updated rarely and often find out team news after we arrive xD Still love going though... Even when we're struggling

4 minutes ago, Winditon said:

He won't ride at Newcastle whilst a certain member of the promotion is there

And who is that then? The only member that has changed between this year and last (That I'm aware of) is Martin... Is there history between those two?

41 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Why did he not show? If there was no reason... Then there's no excuse I know... But maybe it was genuine? Everyone makes a stupid decision... He did dedicate many years to Newcastle just to get sh@t on by the fans 99% of the time... Unsurprising really

I know... I'm a fan... So I am not important :) Or that's how it feels being a Newcastle Diamonds fan... We get updated rarely and often find out team news after we arrive xD Still love going though... Even when we're struggling

And who is that then? The only member that has changed between this year and last (That I'm aware of) is Martin... Is there history between those two?

There wasn't a valid reason. He informed the promotion at 3.00pm ( for a 7:30pm start away from home) that he was still in Sweden. (His mechanic apparently knew early in the morning that he wasn't coming). That mean' that Newcastle had to go with a NL rider as there was no time to get anyone else (he was deemed to be withholding his services). As it was our last match of the season I have heard he would face a 28 day ban if signs for a team in this country, although I find that a bit hard to believe.

5 hours ago, Dandelion said:

We need Ludde back :D

No thanks and have you seen his poor scores in Sweden this year.

• Like 2

Guest Loose Diamond
7 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Honestly if he stayed he'd have been one of our stand out riders this season... I know that doesn't say much but at least he's entertaining and actually passes sometimes... Nice style and on a low average... But he did leave under a storm cloud did he not?

Yes he did.

8 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Get your point but I've watched him in Sweden this year on the telly _ granted it's a higher league BUT he's Benn very poor .   Seems to be just going through the motions.. I would rather take a gamble on a tank just as Sheffield b& Redcar did than having either lasse or ludde in the team

Glasgow away sorted.  Tues 10th Sept (7.30pm)

Right then don't shoot the messenger.,early in the season were calling me for my assessment of Danny Phillips

so here are the stats for Danny for 2019

8 th season riding in league speedway at any level,

in his 8 th season he is still riding in the lowest level of team speedway

Belle Vue colts

he has upped his average in the lowest tier  from  6.74  to  7.64

hes still not a heat leader in the lowest league 

Newcastle Diamonds

He started on a 2 pt average

Hes still on a 2 pt average after riding in 20 matches

home average is 4.21 after 11 home matches 

away average is  1. 47 after 9 away meetings 

2019 has been a season with watered down team averages of 38 pts increasing to 40 pts for team built games purposes 

He is 23 yrs old and in real terms the Championship is a far easier league than it ever has been due to the amount of development league riders been used lower down in all the championship teams 

So nearly one year on from been released by Scunthorpe originally due to been poor last season and myself  been slated on here by Diamonds fans last year .Can anyone tell me Danny has been a success for you or is he lucky to have a Dad who is a promoter of Newcastle .

This is not a vendetta against him but it's time to realise that speedway is about improvement that's what  wins matches at any level and that is what Newcastle are low down in the league 

1 hour ago, Tosh1218 said:

This is not a vendetta against him but it's time to realise that speedway is about improvement that's what  wins matches at any level and that is what Newcastle are low down in the league 

As you say, 'speedway is about improvement',,, Danny is 1 of 3 riders that has improved their average. We have another 4 that, in this weakened league, have failed to improve. Fair enough, one back from a bad injury, 2 that have shed a point off their starting average and, 1 that started the season as a no.1 and, is likely to finish it as a reserve. Danny may be fed with a silver spoon, a dunno, but is showing improvement, whereas there is plenty that ain't, hence our lowly position.:t:

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 1