British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Tosh1218 said:

Right then don't shoot the messenger.,early in the season were calling me for my assessment of Danny Phillips

so here are the stats for Danny for 2019

8 th season riding in league speedway at any level,

in his 8 th season he is still riding in the lowest level of team speedway

Belle Vue colts

he has upped his average in the lowest tier  from  6.74  to  7.64

hes still not a heat leader in the lowest league 

Newcastle Diamonds

He started on a 2 pt average

Hes still on a 2 pt average after riding in 20 matches

home average is 4.21 after 11 home matches 

away average is  1. 47 after 9 away meetings 

2019 has been a season with watered down team averages of 38 pts increasing to 40 pts for team built games purposes 

He is 23 yrs old and in real terms the Championship is a far easier league than it ever has been due to the amount of development league riders been used lower down in all the championship teams 

So nearly one year on from been released by Scunthorpe originally due to been poor last season and myself  been slated on here by Diamonds fans last year .Can anyone tell me Danny has been a success for you or is he lucky to have a Dad who is a promoter of Newcastle .

This is not a vendetta against him but it's time to realise that speedway is about improvement that's what  wins matches at any level and that is what Newcastle are low down in the league 

HI . how can the leagues improve when the doosh bogs that ru(i)n the sport cant get to grips with their own rules ?  heres one .. you can build a team to a max of 38 points and later down the line you can rebuild it again to 40 points average . these clampets who run this sport need to take a long hard look at it . some of the things they come up with are laughable . 

1 man in charge of 2/3 teams and poor drew left out  . hope he gets fixed up and puts two fingers up to sheffield . it wasnt that at the start of the season when they were drooling about mr kemp . 

no rider should be allowed in the championship with an average over 8.00 . unless you are called Scott nicholls . and the othe two blokes . ..  

please DONT reply to my post as at this moment in time , i C.B.A. ..

1 minute ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

You can make figures show anything.

sure can , i know an accountant like that . i think he/she was involved in speedway @ one time ..

16 minutes ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

You can make figures show anything.

Yes, you can,,, speedway is often all about a numbers game.

Edited by ruffdiamond

15 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

Right then don't shoot the messenger.,early in the season were calling me for my assessment of Danny Phillips

so here are the stats for Danny for 2019

8 th season riding in league speedway at any level,

in his 8 th season he is still riding in the lowest level of team speedway

Belle Vue colts

he has upped his average in the lowest tier  from  6.74  to  7.64

hes still not a heat leader in the lowest league 

Newcastle Diamonds

He started on a 2 pt average

Hes still on a 2 pt average after riding in 20 matches

home average is 4.21 after 11 home matches 

away average is  1. 47 after 9 away meetings 

2019 has been a season with watered down team averages of 38 pts increasing to 40 pts for team built games purposes 

He is 23 yrs old and in real terms the Championship is a far easier league than it ever has been due to the amount of development league riders been used lower down in all the championship teams 

So nearly one year on from been released by Scunthorpe originally due to been poor last season and myself  been slated on here by Diamonds fans last year .Can anyone tell me Danny has been a success for you or is he lucky to have a Dad who is a promoter of Newcastle .

This is not a vendetta against him but it's time to realise that speedway is about improvement that's what  wins matches at any level and that is what Newcastle are low down in the league 

Whilst i agree with the sentiment of the post in all fairness to Danny his average of 7.64 would see him as 2nd or 3rd heat leader in every NL team except the one he is currently in (yes his average has been boosted by riding as a second string). In the Champs most sides would be delighted with a reserve who has doubled their home average although true averages are the GSA's and not with bonuses included so its safe to say that most riders wouldn't / haven't had the chance to stay in a team long enough to creep up to 3.05 at home and a whopping 1.20 away (the only riders to record worse are Luke Chessell who tried to return after serious injury and Tom Woolley who was signed as a sacrificial lamb and half way into the season).    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, highside said:

When is the 90th anniversary meeting taking place ? its all gone quiet .

Depends when they can arrange the Cup Final for.  It will then be arranged around that.

41 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Depends when they can arrange the Cup Final for.  It will then be arranged around that.

That'll be Oct 27th, by the way the other semi-finalists are dragging it out ;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

That'll be Oct 27th, by the way the other semi-finalists are dragging it out ;)

Redcar vs Eastbourne Semi is this Fri & Sat (weather permitting!)

• Haha 1

Yet again, if a team is more successful than others, they will be trying to cram all their fixtures in in a short period, similar to Workington last year, & all at a time when then weather is turning for the worst & a bit cooler.

I thought this year cup competitions took priority over league fixtures to get them finished by a certain date so all competitions are not at the end of the season.

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

Yet again, if a team is more successful than others, they will be trying to cram all their fixtures in in a short period, similar to Workington last year, & all at a time when then weather is turning for the worst & a bit cooler.

I thought this year cup competitions took priority over league fixtures to get them finished by a certain date so all competitions are not at the end of the season.

TBH I'd much rather have all the finals at the end of the season - apart from the Shield - rather like they do in footy (League Cup Final March-ish, FA & Euro Cups right at the end) as it should make for an exiting end to the season.

Having said that, all the gaps (racing every fortnight) up until July wasn't the brightest idea in my opinion.  I blame the fixture compilers :P

• Like 1

8 hours ago, StevePark said:

TBH I'd much rather have all the finals at the end of the season - apart from the Shield - rather like they do in footy (League Cup Final March-ish, FA & Euro Cups right at the end) as it should make for an exiting end to the season.

Having said that, all the gaps (racing every fortnight) up until July wasn't the brightest idea in my opinion.  I blame the fixture compilers 

Think it's to stop situations where cup final is ran so close to the end... If it is cancelled due to weather it might not make the cut off for the end of the season

Does anyone think that we should run a league and cup double header against the Bears at home ?

11 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Does anyone think that we should run a league and cup double header against the Bears at home ?

No.  Financial suicide.