British Speedway Forum

19 minutes ago, StevePark said:

No.  Financial suicide.

Ok,,, am not sure about what sort of money goes about, but wasn't sure if we could get away with 1 stadium rental, (which I believe isn't clarty rags). A suppose there is reduced income from sponsorship etc. ,,, but aren't promotions always running at a loss ?

Am just thinking of killing 2 birds with 1 stone mate:t:

Edited by ruffdiamond

11 minutes ago, bringbackHalifax said:

I would run the first leg at Brough otherwise it could be a financial nightmare anyway

Do ye think it would make much difference???,,, a think the writing is on the wall anyway ;)

but worst case scenario, we'll be able to say we were second in the cup :t:

Edited by ruffdiamond

9 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Ok,,, am not sure about what sort of money goes about, but wasn't sure if we could get away with 1 stadium rental, (which I believe isn't clarty rags). A suppose there is reduced income from sponsorship etc. ,,, but aren't promotions always running at a loss ?

Am just thinking of killing 2 birds with 1 stone mate:t:

One set of fans from both clubs and two lots of points money to pay out, though.  

1 minute ago, StevePark said:

One set of fans from both clubs and two lots of points money to pay out, though.  

Yeah, but extra entry fee and, a good will gesture to our nearest and dearest on only having to come once :t:

11 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Do ye think it would make much difference???,,, a think the writing is on the wall anyway ;)

Nobody remembers losers though but winners are different.Surely the bears will lie low so Newcastle will win silverware for the 90th ;)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, soupy said:

Nobody remembers losers though but winners are different.Surely the bears will lie low so Newcastle will win silverware for the 90th ;)

Everyone remembers winners, but if Redcar lose, will we ever let them forget ? ;)

2 hours ago, StevePark said:

So the second lot of points money is more than the saved rent?

What about increased revenues from Track Shop and Bar?

What about the increased attendance from other fans who might be attracted by a Double Header (Workington/Berwick etc).

Just wondering as it does seem to make sense to run this as a Double Header

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Aceslider said:

What about the increased attendance from other fans who might be attracted by a Double Header (Workington/Berwick etc).

Can't believe any fan thinks a double header is a good idea.

Same income , double wages.

How does that make any sense to anybody???

Then add any possible injuries in the first match, or delays or any incidents whatsoever....No, running it as a double header is a ridiculous idea. We at Workington were forced into running them and look where we are now!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Aceslider said:

We don't get ANY of the bar takings.  What increased takings at the track shop ( a few extra cups of tea?).

Would get more neutral fans wanting to pay £17 for a cup final, than say £30 for a double header including a meeting they have no interest in (in my opinion).

It makes no sense whatsoever (again, in my opinion).

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, StevePark said:

We don't get ANY of the bar takings.  What increased takings at the track shop ( a few extra cups of tea?).

Would get more neutral fans wanting to pay £17 for a cup final, than say £30 for a double header including a meeting they have no interest in (in my opinion).

It makes no sense whatsoever (again, in my opinion).

Run the cup match first, to get a proper full result, then drag the league match to ht 10 and, save 5 races worth of points money, 'BINGO' ;)

13 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Run the cup match first, to get a proper full result, then drag the league match to ht 10 and, save 5 races worth of points money, 'BINGO' ;)

Unfortunately the original fixture takes priority (i.e. the league match). 

4 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

That attitude might sway some people to stay away. :nono:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Can't believe any fan thinks a double header is a good idea.

Same income , double wages.

How does that make any sense to anybody???

Then add any possible injuries in the first match, or delays or any incidents whatsoever....No, running it as a double header is a ridiculous idea. We at Workington were forced into running them and look where we are now!

Very bold statement of opinion but not backed up with any real form of financial evidence apart from a general statement about the financial demise of Workington.

Any actual figures available?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, leander said:

Unfortunately the original fixture takes priority (i.e. the league match). 

Yeah, but isn't the league match a rearranged fixture anyway ?

am sure they could make a new rule up ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond