British Speedway Forum

17 minutes ago, Aceslider said:

Very bold statement of opinion but not backed up with any real form of financial evidence apart from a general statement about the financial demise of Workington.

Any actual figures available?

Are you completely devoid of any common sense.?

Having worked behind the scenes at a number of tracks I have experience of how tracks finances work. You clearly have no understanding of incomings versus outgoings. 

If one meeting brings in , say £8,000 and the cost of that meeting including wages is £6,000 then you have a small profit. Do you understand this so far?

Now run the same meeting with your income of £8,000 but double your wage bill and say that cost now comes to £10,000.

Youve just lost £2,000.

get it???

• Like 2

What's happened to the extra gate money for a double header, or does that bit not count ?

Also, maybe less stadium rental, 1 day instead of 2.

Edited by ruffdiamond

6 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Having worked behind the scenes at a number of tracks I have experience of how tracks finances work. You clearly have no understanding of incomings versus outgoings. 

If one meeting brings in , say £8,000 and the cost of that meeting including wages is £6,000 then you have a small profit. Do you understand this so far?

Now run the same meeting with your income of £8,000 but double your wage bill and say that cost now comes to £10,000.

Youve just lost £2,000.

get it???

Having been a qualified accountant for over 40 years I find your offensive comment actually quite amusing as well as your elementary explanation of a profit and loss account.

But hey ho, don't let your ignorance stand in the way of your rudeness or inability to provide any factual evidence other than speculative numbers!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

54 minutes ago, Aceslider said:

Very bold statement of opinion but not backed up with any real form of financial evidence apart from a general statement about the financial demise of Workington.

Any actual figures available?

There are several variables in the comparison. Assuming the wage bill is roughly the same for both meetings, the saving from only paying one track rent, say £1600, for two meetings is partially offset by the increase in the admission price, which is never twice but something like £25 instead of the usual £17. The track only gets the income from the merchandising and tea stall, with the stadium getting all the income from the upper bar and the food and bar downstairs. Only one programme to sell as well, so less profit from selling 2 separate Proggies.

Hope that helps AS.

23 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

There are several variables in the comparison. Assuming the wage bill is roughly the same for both meetings, the saving from only paying one track rent, say £1600, for two meetings is partially offset by the increase in the admission price, which is never twice but something like £25 instead of the usual £17. The track only gets the income from the merchandising and tea stall, with the stadium getting all the income from the upper bar and the food and bar downstairs. Only one programme to sell as well, so less profit from selling 2 separate Proggies.

Hope that helps AS.

Thanks Tsunami for your wise input.

Based on that kind of model, and estimating a crowd of say 800, then you could afford to give a discount of £2 per head on twice the normal admission price, i.e. £32 instead of £34. In your theoretical example a discount of £9 would be excessive and would need to be offset by other forms (if any) of additional income if the Double Header was to be a feasible proposition.

The numbers in taking a proper view would need to be informed and a prudent estimate of the crowd size which could increase or decrease the affordable discount.

11 minutes ago, Aceslider said:

Thanks Tsunami for your wise input.

Based on that kind of model, and estimating a crowd of say 800, then you could afford to give a discount of £2 per head on twice the normal admission price, i.e. £32 instead of £34. In your theoretical example a discount of £9 would be excessive and would need to be offset by other forms (if any) of additional income if the Double Header was to be a feasible proposition.

The numbers in taking a proper view would need to be informed and a prudent estimate of the crowd size which could increase or decrease the affordable discount.

One problem with a small £2 discount is that the paying fans would see it as profiteering and be turned off coming to the double meeting at a high price, One saving not mentioned is that our riders travel would be for once instead of 2 separate meetings. As can be seen and you can see, it's not an exact science but a series of assumptions possible based on previous double headers and of course the pulling power of the opposition.

• Thanks 1

Bit of a p*** take edinburgh having a guest for masters in poland another in a long line of nails!!

21 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Bit of a p*** take edinburgh having a guest for masters in poland another in a long line of nails!!

How is it? Poland has always took priority.

Pretty sure we had to use lower league guests last season but could be wrong!,poland has first call because???

Just now, geoff100 said:

Pretty sure we had to use lower league guests last season but could be wrong!,poland has first call because???

Because the pay more lolly and stuff the British league.

• Like 2

Just now, soupy said:

I know that so nothing legal with the "fim" then.

6 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Youve just lost £2,000.

get it???

you seem to have a very familiar way of posting . i think i know you . either that or you are Jeremy Clarkson . i do believe that the speedway was taken down by a sandwich bar ! get it ?

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, soupy said:

they only pay more money when the riders are actually getting paid .

7 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Youve just lost £2,000.

get it???

the admission price is higher bringing more income

did the 'number of tracks' were involved in all fold?

only the points money increases - extra gate money though.- 1 rent, 1 programme 

doesn't seem all that complicated

• Haha 1