Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Last few meetings dates:

Fri 27 Sept Edinburgh (A) Champ. 7.30pm

Fri 11 Oct Redcar (A) KOC Final 1st Leg. 7.30pm

Sun 13 Oct Redcar (H) KOC Final 2nd Leg.

Sun 20 Oct 90th Anniversary Celebration Meeting. 6.30pm.

• Like 1

From the Bears website:-

It has also been confirmed that dates have now been set for the KO Cup Final against Newcastle and for the Teesside Silver Helmet. Redcar will stage the 1st leg of the cup final at home on Friday 11th October, with the 2nd leg taking place in Newcastle on Sunday 13th October.

Duffill explained, “The Play Off’s must  be completed before the KO Cup final, so we race this week against Leicester and then Friday 4th October is reserved for the Play Off final, should we make it. Ideally, I would have liked the 2nd leg of the KO Cup to have been at home, but that wasn’t fair on Newcastle, who are already having to wait 2 weeks for us to finish our Play Off fixtures and originally wanted to race this week. A compromise had to be made somewhere.”

Edited by Yearbyred
  • Like 2

20th October, I'll be somewere warm, and it won't be at the Newcastle Stadium!!!

2 minutes ago, erniew said:

20th October, I'll be somewere warm, and it won't be at the Newcastle Stadium!!!

Thomas Cook taking bookings , end of season specials !

7 hours ago, idanthyrsus said:

20th October?  They won't need water to prepare the track, they'll need a gritter.

Riders will need tha thermals on 

15 hours ago, pienpeesman said:

Riders will need tha thermals on 

Hope its a decent lineup as if its not people will stay away, not the usual rubbish that is served up as individual meeting at Newcastle, where only anyone who lives within 20 miles of the track is invited.  I think this meeting will fall foul of the weather!!! Cheery I know.

Edited by diamond@heart
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, diamond@heart said:

Hope its a decent lineup as if its not people will stay away, not the usual rubbish that is served up as individual meeting at Newcastle, where only anyone who lives within 20 miles of the track is invited.  I think this meeting will fall foul of the weather!!! Cheery I know.

Yeah I think the last decent individual line was the 80th & the 1 before that was probably Joe Owens benefit meeting 

Just now, pienpeesman said:

Yeah I think the last decent individual line was the 80th & the 1 before that was probably Joe Owens benefit meeting 

Line up 

Whatever the lineup I would have come and supported the Team, however, I'm on holiday and I'm not giving up my berth on The Titanic B)

1 hour ago, erniew said:

Whatever the lineup I would have come and supported the Team, however, I'm on holiday and I'm not giving up my berth on The Titanic B)

Near, far, wherever you are. I believe that the Heats will go on......

27 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Near, far, wherever you are. I believe that the Heats will go on......

Yearbyred,a Celine Dion aficionado ?

The BSPA want the League play-offs over and done with before the KOC final. With all four semi's rained off this weekend that is now going to be difficult. Unless...............