British Speedway Forum

Victor dropped 

Got a text message today saying that I have been sacked by Newcastle before the season  even starts. Two days before I was gonna send all my bikes and equipment over. 

Have invested a lot of money to be able to start the season over there. 

I have planned all my meetings around the teams I was gonna ride in and then 3 weeks before the season is about to start I got a text saying that I don’t have to come over. 

Very disappointed in how Newcastle have treated me and it’s nothing near what a professional club should be doing.

tero or bwd in ?  so sorry for victor . :cry:

Unfortunate for Victor But Aarnio or BWD makes Newcastle stronger imho, doing what they think is best for the team is the way I see it.

Edited by Gazc

17 minutes ago, jenga said:

tero or bwd in ?  so sorry for victor . :cry:

Don't think Tero would fit for Victor alone,,,, Ludde would tho :t:

Have they got anything left to play with campton?

A few more will be gone 

Stevie worrall is in I hear

29 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Unfortunate for Victor But Aarnio or BWD makes Newcastle stronger imho, doing what they think is best for the team is the way I see it.

While I agree with that bit (it is the nature of uk speedway and fans expect most competitive teams possible) I really don’t think the sacking by text side should be overlooked.

Thats despicable. Although among some of today’s promotions it doesn’t surprise me, I did not have Newcastle down as one who would behave in that way. Common decency requires at least a phone call. Sadly decency and speedway don’t seem to go hand in hand too often these days.

surprised and disappointed at how it’s been done, not that it has been done (it’s a results driven employment after all)

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

A few more will be gone 

Stevie worrall is in I hear

Palovaara and Wethers out 

Worrall and Mikkel B Andersen in 

I reckon.

On 2/5/2019 at 6:34 PM, erniew said:

I believe the airfence has to be inspected and certified as fit for purpose after 6 years, no doubt if I'm wrong, someone wil let me know!

Every track is inspected on a three yearly cycle and a new homologation certificate issued. The APD (referred to by some as the air fence) is looked at as part of that process but is formally inspected after six years. Depending on how the panels are stored, some APDs can still be fit for purpose after more than 10 years, others are fit for nothing after 6 or 7.

What tends to happen though, is that bags are repaired or replaced on a regular basis so an APD can last a very long time.

FIM rules are different. No bags more than 7 years old are permitted.

Edited by Gordon Pairman
  • Thanks 1

Heard BW-D going to Brummies after first averages.

Suppose BW-D will be linked with everyone at some point, likely first heat leader injury BW-D will be in (sad but that's speedway).

After the demise of Workington its understandable why other teams would be tempted to change their team before the start of the season,  but you do have to feel for Victor Palavaara, and any other rider to be dropped. 

On 2/24/2019 at 6:51 PM, Al Stewart said:

Unfortunately Thomas Jorgensen has withdrawn but hopefully you will still come!

So far no bookings as yet so a doubt there's going to be a bus full of wonky square fans going to the Ben fund... Last day to book in person tomorrow as Al be at brough from 11am

Surprised at today’s events as after following Newcastle for 40 years I have always found them to be a fair club and they have always had good reason for getting rid of riders... I think there could be more to this story so I am waiting for an official announcement from the club before saying what I think 

• Like 1