British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, StevePark said:

Effective on the first day of each month (so next set effective from 01 June).  I can never remember when they are worked out to date wise though!

1 hour ago, NeilWatson said:

Up to and including the 23rd monthly

When are new averages 'effective immediately', or not on the 1st day of the month ?

15 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

When are new averages 'effective immediately', or not on the 1st day of the month ?

When a rider didn't previously have an average.  In that case, it clicks in after he has done four home, four away.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mac101 said:

Do the team ave not change up to 40 next time out 

No. The one's following, effective 01 July. 

2 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Wont you be bringing Jedd List in before then?

Hopefully... Someone at least

6 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Wont you be bringing Jedd List in before then?

Unfortunately there is a problem not of Jedd's making to anyone who signs him. He comes with a 4.00 assessed average. After his first 4 home and away if he's averaging (for example) 2.75 then he will still be assessed as a 4.00 pointer as that is, and always will be, his minimum average for team building purposes. That'll mean he stands a good chance of being stuck in a team's top 5 even though his actual average would put him at reserve. Unfortunately I can't see him averaging anywhere near 4 this year. 

21 minutes ago, leander said:

Unfortunately there is a problem not of Jedd's making to anyone who signs him. He comes with a 4.00 assessed average. After his first 4 home and away if he's averaging (for example) 2.75 then he will still be assessed as a 4.00 pointer as that is, and always will be, his minimum average for team building purposes. That'll mean he stands a good chance of being stuck in a team's top 5 even though his actual average would put him at reserve. Unfortunately I can't see him averaging anywhere near 4 this year. 

and if your teams 5th best rider is averaging less than 4.00,,,, your probly right in the clarts anyway.

14 minutes ago, leander said:

Max will very soon be above that... Putting Jedd at reserve

1 minute ago, ruffdiamond said:

and if your teams 5th best rider is averaging less than 4.00,,,, your probly right in the clarts anyway.

it depends on the rest. For example Eastbourne's number 5 is averaging 2.54 ( and they are over the limit) and a lot of people are expecting them to reach the play-offs at least.

1 minute ago, Dandelion said:

Max will very soon be above that... Putting Jedd at reserve

Maybe, but then we would probably have two reserves averaging around 2.00, taking up 6.00 of the team strength. 

14 minutes ago, leander said:

Maybe, but then we would probably have two reserves averaging around 2.00, taking up 6.00 of the team strength. 

If you do have a 4pt rider only scoring 2, kick him into touch,,, usually things are won by riders increasing their averages, not decreasing them.

I think Jedd would do better than that once he's given an opportunity to settle and at reserve...

Kyle Newman released by Birmingham according to BSPA website.

Wonder if he would a fit in Diamonds team as replacement for Simon Lambert who is clearly struggling round the Brough circuit.

Newman was always a 120% trier and seemed to enjoy the smaller tracks.

Would love to see him back in Diamonds colours

3 minutes ago, Aceslider said:

Kyle Newman released by Birmingham according to BSPA website.

Wonder if he would a fit in Diamonds team as replacement for Simon Lambert who is clearly struggling round the Brough circuit.

Newman was always a 120% trier and seemed to enjoy the smaller tracks.

Would love to see him back in Diamonds colours

Not a straight swap... But maybe something like Newman and kus in and bjerre and Simon out?

I personally wouldn't like that... I like lasse... Maybe Tobias Thomsen? We seem to have a knack of getting the best out of Danes... He'd be at number 2 too... He seemed ok for Birmingham like

9 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Not a straight swap... But maybe something like Newman and kus in and bjerre and Simon out?

I personally wouldn't like that... I like lasse... Maybe Tobias Thomsen? We seem to have a knack of getting the best out of Danes... He'd be at number 2 too... He seemed ok for Birmingham like

Thomsen is on 5.00 and Newman 5.71. Simon Lambert is on 4.2 ave . 

Thomsen has 10 pints from 6 meetings averaging 1.6 a meeting not sure why you would bring him in to be honest.

Newman was more unfortunate scoring 30 from 6 meetings averaging 5.00 per meeting . 

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie