British Speedway Forum

Guest Loose Diamond
3 minutes ago, jenga said:

jeezzz . the only thing that is left in the diamonds wooden barrel is the golden rivet . who is going to be brave enough to bend over and retrieve it ?

No idea! You maybe??

12 minutes ago, jenga said:

jeezzz . the only thing that is left in the diamonds wooden barrel is the golden rivet . who is going to be brave enough to bend over and retrieve it ?

Explain?

Very pleased to get Jacob who I think will be a good replacement for Simon who obviously didn't have the style for Brough. Many were surprised when Jacob didn't get a ride with the Bears both last year and this year. Although his start with the Bears a few years ago didn't work out, he has always impressed when invited to ride in Open meetings and scored well on Friday in a big Redcar Open meeting. He rode well in a Amateur meeting at Redcar on Saturday, winning the top class for 500 cc's, and rode very well in the private practice session at Brough on Sunday afternoon, getting a lot of rides and being one of the last riders at the end. He lives locally now and, being a Dane, will be company for both Tomas and Lasse. I believe he is from Slangerup, which was Jespers home club, so might see Jesper to have words of advice for him.  The timing of this move is spot on as Jacob will be at reserve, which will give him an easier run in the Diamonds ranks whilst he is finding his feet. I look forward to a more balanced team now, and hope that others in the team get over their current problems and score the points expected of them. 

Happy with this signing and team changes.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, Loose Diamond said:

Well someone knew something was going on. 

You could be onto something there like ;)

Guest Loose Diamond
2 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Very pleased to get Jacob who I think will be a good replacement for Simon who obviously didn't have the style for Brough. Many were surprised when Jacob didn't get a ride with the Bears both last year and this year. Although his start with the Bears a few years ago didn't work out, he has always impressed when invited to ride in Open meetings and scored well on Friday in a big Redcar Open meeting. He rode well in a Amateur meeting at Redcar, winning the top class for 500 cc's, and rode very well in the private practice session at Brough on Sunday afternoon, getting a lot of rides and being one of the last riders at the end. He lives locally now and being a Dane will be company for both Tomas and Lasse. I believe he is from Slangerup, which was Jespers home club, so might see Jesper to have words of advice for him.  The timing of this move is spot on as Jacob will be at reserve, which will give him an easier run in the Diamonds ranks whilst he is finding his feet. I look forward to a more balanced team now, and hope that others in the team get over their current problems and score the points expected of them. 

Happy with this signing and team changes.

Could be ok, but as you say he was garbage at Redcar.

Pleased to see Jacob get picked up. Looked impressive in first half of the meeting on Friday, as smooth as I have seen him.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Loose Diamond said:

Well someone knew something was going on. We seem to get a lot of Redcar rejects.

You mean like Paul Bentley, Stuey Swales, Martin Dixon, Jesper Olsen, etc. :P

• Like 2

Guest Loose Diamond
6 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Must admit forgot about them. My thoughts were more towards recent Redcar riders. Not so much Middlesbrough.

Jacob looked more comfortable than Simon does at brough big move for the promotion... Not sure on his speed tho but he looks fast on his Todd as they all do but if he can score his average which I'm sure he will happy days & all people who doubt him.. let's hope he proves you all wrong 

• Like 1

On Thursday, May 23, 2019 at 8:20 PM, ruffdiamond said:

Clegg 4.47

Lambert 3.58

Would be my guess.

Canny guess that like ;)

Guest Loose Diamond
14 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

Jacob looked more comfortable than Simon does at brough big move for the promotion... Not sure on his speed tho but he looks fast on his Todd as they all do but if he can score his average which I'm sure he will happy days & all people who doubt him.. let's hope he proves you all wrong 

Fair enough.

Guest Loose Diamond
28 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Was not aware Jesper rode for Middlesbrough.