British Speedway Forum

I thoroughly recommend this book, a must for anyone interested in Newcastle speedway. Joe has produced a labour of love, I can only marvel at the work he has put in.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Very pleased to get Jacob who I think will be a good replacement for Simon who obviously didn't have the style for Brough. Many were surprised when Jacob didn't get a ride with the Bears both last year and this year. Although his start with the Bears a few years ago didn't work out, he has always impressed when invited to ride in Open meetings and scored well on Friday in a big Redcar Open meeting. He rode well in a Amateur meeting at Redcar on Saturday, winning the top class for 500 cc's, and rode very well in the private practice session at Brough on Sunday afternoon, getting a lot of rides and being one of the last riders at the end. He lives locally now and, being a Dane, will be company for both Tomas and Lasse. I believe he is from Slangerup, which was Jespers home club, so might see Jesper to have words of advice for him.  The timing of this move is spot on as Jacob will be at reserve, which will give him an easier run in the Diamonds ranks whilst he is finding his feet. I look forward to a more balanced team now, and hope that others in the team get over their current problems and score the points expected of them. 

Happy with this signing and team changes.

You have obviously mellowed in your opinion of Jacob then over the years as you wrote this when a few of us Redcar fans wanted him in our 2018 team.

"Seriously, what is it that Redcar fans see in Bukhave that the rest of us can't see. I saw a hard trying rider going nowhere, but hanging around to make himself available. I am aware of a personal attachment he may have with Redcar, but I think Konopka was a better bet than Bukhave. Honest opinion."

Anyway at least his hanging around presented him an opportunity :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, pienpeesman said:

You ever cocked ya leg over 1 of them machines,,, there rather rapid 

11 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Probly never even cocked tha leg over a nettle.

Got nothing to do with whether I have or have not.  This is what this guy does for a job/chosen career and has no doubt spent a number of years training to be a professional speedway rider so should be fairly proficient at it.  My comment is merely that the last time he rode he didn't exactly set the league on fire and I hope he has improved as if he hasn't, then what does he add to our current team, or better still, what does he offer that we were not already getting from Simon.

By the way, I could ask you too the same question and the majority of the people on this forum have probably never ridden a speedway bike but I was not aware that it was a pre-requisite of joining this fans forum. But hey-ho

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Tsunami said:

I believe he is from Slangerup, 

Nope, Fjelsted I believe. Having been involved with Fjelsted, Munkebo and Grinsted SK.

Good luck Jacob I wish you well...….just not too many points for the Geordies eh?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Boothers said:

Nope, Fjelsted I believe. Having been involved with Fjelsted, Munkebo and Grinsted SK.

Good luck Jacob I wish you well...….just not too many points for the Geordies eh?

Although having said that, is Fjelsted/Slangerup the same place? Hate bloody geography! :rolleyes:

16 minutes ago, Boothers said:

Although having said that, is Fjelsted/Slangerup the same place? Hate bloody geography! :rolleyes:

Over 100 miles apart.... and he was born in Fredericia on 30 December 1993

Edited by StevePark

46 minutes ago, diamond@heart said:

Got nothing to do with whether I have or have not.  This is what this guy does for a job/chosen career and has no doubt spent a number of years training to be a professional speedway rider so should be fairly proficient at it.  My comment is merely that the last time he rode he didn't exactly set the league on fire and I hope he has improved as if he hasn't, then what does he add to our current team, or better still, what does he offer that we were not already getting from Simon.

By the way, I could ask you too the same question and the majority of the people on this forum have probably never ridden a speedway bike but I was not aware that it was a pre-requisite of joining this fans forum. But hey-ho

Was only messing mate, wasn't trying to offend you :t:

On 5/24/2019 at 8:24 PM, Dandelion said:

So basically... How the f*ck has Jacob Bukhave not got a uk team yet? And would he be on a 4.00 or a 5.20 average?

Question answered he now has a UK team (oh and its 4.00)

On 5/24/2019 at 8:27 PM, ruffdiamond said:

cos he's sh!te ?

Oh dear!!!

On 5/24/2019 at 9:18 PM, ruffdiamond said:

Dunno ?,,, he might, has he got a 'Wizards sleeve' ???

Has Dandelion got a "Wizards Cuff"

On 5/24/2019 at 11:09 PM, Terrace Grumbler said:

On the strength of tonight at Redcar, from.a Diamonds perspective I wouldn't be interested in Jedd List at all, and I wouldn't fall over myself to sign Josh MacDonald. Granted MacDonald looked in a different league to List but not competitive with Max Clegg.

I don't know what Bukhave"s average is (just like others on here, possibly!) but he was head and shoulders above the Australians and looks as though he might be a proper rider.

Grumbling along the right lines... definitely a proper rider he's Danish

On 5/25/2019 at 1:51 PM, Loose Diamond said:

Yes.

No!!!

On 5/27/2019 at 10:55 PM, ruffdiamond said:

A think Thatcher would've sorted it ;)

What like she sorted the Shipyards The Mines and heavy engineering?

18 hours ago, Loose Diamond said:

Could be ok, but as you say he was garbage at Redcar.

Again No!!!

15 hours ago, diamond@heart said:

I hope he has improved dramatically since his Bears days as he was f*****g rubbishe when he rode for them. 

We all do but will he struggle as much as Simon did at Brough?

15 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Say what you think,,, byyy, ye don't mince your words, lol ;)

Diamond@hardheart possibly?

Honestly!!!

Not that he reads this forum (well not if he has any sense anyway) but good luck to the kid, Newcastle have taken on many Scandinavians over the years and good; bad or indifferent they have always been triers; hard working and professional; furthermore  the Newcastle faithful have always given them a fair crack of the whip and made them feel welcome...

If he hits the ground running and puts a point or two on his average everyone will be claiming him for their own, so don't be so fickle and give the guy a chance; we have with many others and been delighted; frustrated and disappointed in equal measure so lets see where he gets and how long it takes for the usual suspects to ask for him to be replaced (or sacked) if hes not scoring double figures after his first couple of meetings

Good Luck to Jacob and "if not 1st; may all your places come with a bonus point"....

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Missed out word
  • Like 2

Best of luck to Simon,Jacob and max who will find it hard in the main body,especially away from home.just need Lasse to sort himself out now.

• Like 2

Guest Loose Diamond
18 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Oh dear!!!

No!!!

Again No!!!

Honestly!!!

Not that he reads this forum (well not if he has any sense anyway) but good luck to the kid, Newcastle have taken on many Scandinavians over the years and good; bad or indifferent they have always been triers; hard working and professional; furthermore  the Newcastle faithful have always given them a fair crack of the whip and made them feel welcome...

If he hits the ground running and puts a point or two on his average everyone will be claiming him for their own, so don't be so fickle and give the guy a chance; we have with many others and been delighted; frustrated and disappointed in equal measure so lets see where he gets and how long it takes for the usual suspects to ask for him to be replaced (or sacked) if hes not scoring double figures after his first couple of meetings

Good Luck to Jacob and "if not 1st; may all your places come with a bonus point"....

Regards
THJ

Yes very true. You have to give him a chance. My comment about him"Yes" was after I watched him ride for Redcar and he was a bit off the pace. That occasion was the only time I saw him race which to cricise him after one meeting was very unfair.

Guest Loose Diamond
1 hour ago, Yearbyred said:

You have obviously mellowed in your opinion of Jacob then over the years as you wrote this when a few of us Redcar fans wanted him in our 2018 team.

"Seriously, what is it that Redcar fans see in Bukhave that the rest of us can't see. I saw a hard trying rider going nowhere, but hanging around to make himself available. I am aware of a personal attachment he may have with Redcar, but I think Konopka was a better bet than Bukhave. Honest opinion."

Anyway at least his hanging around presented him an opportunity :)

Yes hopefully he will take it.

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Oh dear!!!

No!!!

Again No!!!

Honestly!!!

Regards
THJ

'Yacub' (Jacob, our new rider), hope he does well,,,,seems like a decent lad, willing to learn and help. Met him on Sunday and, well I was just being my usual self :t:

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/24/2019 at 8:27 PM, ruffdiamond said:

cos he's sh!te ?

14 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

'Yacub' seems like a decent lad, willing to learn and help. Met him on Sunday and, well I was just being my usual self :t:

So I take it you told him what your thoughts were on his ability and that you posted such on the 24/05/2019

Or will you be the 1st fan of the Jacob Bukhave Fan Club as there is a vacancy

Regards
THJ

missed out key words
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

So I take it you told him what your thoughts were on his ability and that you posted such on the 24/05/2019

Regards
THJ

That was a question, bit like politicians do, 'answer a question, with a question' ;)

4 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

That was a question, bit like politicians do, 'answer a question, with a question' ;)

So just being your usual self "you didn't" and from my edit above will you be the 1st fan of the Jacob Bukhave Fan Club as there is a vacancy below the ruffdiamond name "to be confirmed"?

Got to now really after saying he was Poop then doing the suck up post following...

Regards
THJ