British Speedway Forum

10 minutes ago, Loose Diamond said:

Where you there?? Also Castagna warned for moving in heat 3 and in heat 14. Went off 15 metres. Now my favourite subject speedway rules. I thought that for some strange reason if you get a second warning for moving/ delaying the start you were disqualified from that race(??) Or meeting?? Someone correct me on that one please. Jacob should have come into heat 14 to replace Danny but it did not happen. Why?? No idea. Maybe it was thought that he would not have beaten Nicol, who had 11 points up till that heat and his partner Castagna had 8. But Jacob had 2 from 3. Danny had 1 from 3. Would he have fared better I don't think so. Their reserves scored 15, ours 3. A couple of points more or so from our numbers 3 and 5 and we would have WON. Always knew what possibly seemed one of our better chances to get some away points on board, was going to be made that little bit more difficult because of their choice of guests in Wright and Nichol.Both were flying. They were fortunate to be able to fit Nichol at reserve. Massive trump card for them.

Castagna was disqualified in heat 14.

Can either be replaced by a reserve or go off 15 metres(which he did).

Edited by Gringo

1 hour ago, pienpeesman said:

Yeah agree it's getting to the busy time now with July & August rammed with meetings but how long can Steve, Max & Matty carry the rest of the side ( not buchave tho as he's got to be given time ) Thomas needs to relax as he beats himself up to much & he could be a 8 point rider & lasse has to sort his gear out as he's having far to many bike issues & Danny just seems to lack confidence on the bike... 

1 hour ago, pienpeesman said:

Yeah agree it's getting to the busy time now with July & August rammed with meetings but how long can Steve, Max & Matty carry the rest of the side ( not buchave tho as he's got to be given time ) Thomas needs to relax as he beats himself up to much & he could be a 8 point rider & lasse has to sort his gear out as he's having far to many bike issues & Danny just seems to lack confidence on the bike... 

Liked TJ when he was at Berwick,I thought he hadn’t reached his full potential,but he is just too inconsistent and basically a “gater”.You never know from race to race with him.

Guest Loose Diamond
1 minute ago, Loose Diamond said:

Lasse apparently had clutch problems in that race and on last lap and run in to the line seemed to shut off or lose power. Definitely was slowing up. But fair play to Castagna.

My answers to you have assumed you were a Diamonds fan. But you are not!! Sorry for that!!

Guest Loose Diamond
3 minutes ago, Gringo said:

Castagna was disqualified in heat 14.

Can either be replaced by a reserve or go off 15 metres(which he did).

I thought disqualified meant out of the race?? Used to be years ago. Should be brought back in.

33 minutes ago, Loose Diamond said:

My answers to you have assumed you were a Diamonds fan. But you are not!! Sorry for that!!

34 minutes ago, Loose Diamond said:

You seem to be talking to yourself in that reply,careful:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

Keep hearing Wright/Nicol were the difference from us winning/losing??? Morris was unbeaten by an opponent against Sheffield in our last home meeting (apart from 1 heat when he was excluded) that included a win over Nicol ??? Wright is on par with Ellis (may be?) and Stoneman would've outscored Coles all day long.... so imo. effectively we were weaker and still won !?

Newcastle lost because they weren't very good on the night! 

Edited by GiveusaB

Guest Loose Diamond
38 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

You seem to be talking to yourself in that reply,careful:rolleyes:

Duplicate message. Still getting the hang of this I'm afraid.

Guest Loose Diamond
40 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Keep hearing Wright/Nicol were the difference from us winning/losing??? Morris was unbeaten by an opponent against Sheffield in our last home meeting (apart from 1 heat when he was excluded) that included a win over Nicol ??? Wright is on par with Ellis (may be?) and Stoneman would've outscored Coles all day long.... so imo. effectively we were weaker and still won !?

Newcastle lost because they weren't very good on the night! 

Possibly but as I said before Nichol was a trump card. Also look at where Newcastle are in a few weeks time.... Bottom.

Guest Loose Diamond
3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Still seems strange when Coles has been competitive again and beaten Phillips yet does not get offered his team place at Newcastle? Jorgensen is a shadow of his former self and Lasse is caught in that cycle where his kit needs upgrading but he isnt earning to do it and then its getting worse.

Maybe they are not going to drop Phillips at all. And he did beat Coles in one race last night.

1 minute ago, Loose Diamond said:

Maybe they are not going to drop Phillips at all. And he did beat Coles in one race last night.

Hallelujah. All must be forgiven. As devils advocate had Coles & Phillips been on different sides to the pits as they actually were then the Diamonds would have left with a point. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

lets be honest Danny Phillips will never be or has been any good, only got a job because his dad bought into the club.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cupidstunt said:

lets be honest Danny Phillips will never be or has been any good, only got a job because his dad bought into the club.

thats a bit like Simon lambert and ully oystergard @ Peterborough . it happened year after year , so dont go knocking Newcastle or Phillips . it is what it is . some teams stay loyal and to be honest danny is prob the one on the cheapest rate going and helping keep Newcastle afloat in these tough times . 

prob if dannys dad had not bought into the club  , it would not have started the 2019 season .

so who owns Peterborough now the  ?  in ged you trusted !

• Haha 1

Guest Loose Diamond
1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Hallelujah. All must be forgiven. As devils advocate had Coles & Phillips been on different sides to the pits as they actually were then the Diamonds would have left with a point. 

57 minutes ago, jenga said:

thats a bit like Simon lambert and ully oystergard @ Peterborough . it happened year after year , so dont go knocking Newcastle or Phillips . it is what it is . some teams stay loyal and to be honest danny is prob the one on the cheapest rate going and helping keep Newcastle afloat in these tough times . 

prob if dannys dad had not bought into the club  , it would not have started the 2019 season .

so who owns Peterborough now the  ?  in ged you trusted !

Some teams stay too loyal. Possibly not. So that would have made 2. From what I've seen quite a few teams in the Championship are struggling for crowds. I don't want to see clubs fold. But when you get a situation where teams are racing at home once a month people get out of the habit of going.

1 hour ago, Cupidstunt said:

Peterborough asset first , purchased by the ' Ged Father ' .

3 minutes ago, Loose Diamond said:

Some teams stay too loyal. Possibly not. So that would have made 2. From what I've seen quite a few teams in the Championship are struggling for crowds. I don't want to see clubs fold. But when you get a situation where teams are racing at home once a month people get out of the habit of going.

Yep fixed race nights not helping and junk fixture list. Teams need to be at home once a fortnight minimum, spend May with warm up matches/challenges, get the actual league fixtures run through June/Jul & early August. Then its play off time, KO cups August & September then season over an no freezing boots off at meaningless end of season meetings.

• Like 2