British Speedway Forum
Argos

Speedway Star Question

13 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Bollocks, and the usual over reaction from critics like you, easily offended and looking for an alternative slant. Promoters, like all other business's,  don't need to tell all their business during discussion/negotiations but do need to communicate news when it is finalised and can be reported.

Some of what prompted my thinking was the "celebration" over the 69th. Anniversary meeting. Talking to a number of people who are not speedway goers ( and never were ) all concluded with no prompting from me, that any business that would make a marketing fuss of that, would do so because there was to be no 70th anniversary. As will be the case. Time will tell who deserves the epithets. 

9 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Stupid question again I see. There has been discussions going on for a little while due to the Fixtures chaos, and next year's structure has been reconsidered to try to rectify the situation. 

Actually your response implied there were negotiations regarding the situation of Swindon and that is what I was seeking to clarify!

As ever, your attitude is awful to potential paying customers and speaks volumes.

Fixture chaos?  Is that the same fixture chaos caused by your chums at the BSPA I wonder?

They'll be struggling to finalise next year's structure if Swindon end up not having anywhere to race.....

8 hours ago, Gemini said:

Must be me as I thought he was being sarcastic not serious. :D

It has to be....

9 hours ago, Gemini said:

Must be me as I thought he was being sarcastic not serious. :D

Yes a big "whooosh"  for a couple of posters I think.:)

• Like 2

The way I see it this, I pay good money every week for my Speedway Star, and if there’s a major issue within Speedway I expect them to keep me updated with that issue, so for the Star to ignore it, it’s doing it’s customers a disservice, 

3 hours ago, Stoke Potter said:

Actually your response implied there were negotiations regarding the situation of Swindon and that is what I was seeking to clarify!

As ever, your attitude is awful to potential paying customers and speaks volumes.

Fixture chaos?  Is that the same fixture chaos caused by your chums at the BSPA I wonder?

They'll be struggling to finalise next year's structure if Swindon end up not having anywhere to race.....

It is, and I don't deny it SP. They got everything wrong with the fixtures, and compounded the problems also with going for fixed nights (except Swindon) which was supposed to get rid of all guesting problems. It has not been a good year for decision making, so the BSPA are currently putting much thought into trying to repair the damage, work more together, and come out with a workable solution for the future. We will see but from comments that I have heard, it does seem to be in the right direction and affordable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

It is, and I don't deny it SP. They got everything wrong with the fixtures, and compounded the problems also with going for fixed nights (except Swindon) which was supposed to get rid of all guesting problems. It has not been a good year for decision making, so the BSPA are currently putting much thought into trying to repair the damage, work more together, and come out with a workable solution for the future. We will see but from comments that I have heard, it does seem to be in the right direction and affordable.

Affordable for whom??;);)

3 hours ago, Dave Jones said:

Yes a big "whooosh"  for a couple of posters I think.:)

"A big whooosh". That takes me back to the good old days of the forum!! :t:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Yes and I'm sure the original inventor of the 'Whoosh' has now been Whooshed himself which is quite funny really. :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Argos said:

The way I see it this, I pay good money every week for my Speedway Star, and if there’s a major issue within Speedway I expect them to keep me updated with that issue, so for the Star to ignore it, it’s doing it’s customers a disservice, 

IT is not being ignored. The question is asked on a regular basis but the answers are always the same. So we know as much as you do.

• Like 4

On 8/22/2018 at 11:01 AM, Tsunami said:

I sincerely hope they succeed, goes without saying time is running out.  I look forward to seeing what comes out. 

Shame "my" team will be Div3 (or none existent) regardless of structure...

You must be as thick as a whale omelette if you thought this was going to happen