British Speedway Forum
Argos

Speedway Star Question

Could the Star do some investigating Journalism about the current situation regarding Swindon Stadium, The Promoters don’t tell the fans any thing, There is now nothing in the Local Press, The silence is shocking, I payed good money to see the “Final  meeting at the Abbey”   and there was lots of publicity for that meeting but since then nothing, Speedway Star please find out, and let us the fans get an update on the situation

• Like 2

What do expect the star to find out and from whom.

If they speak to the owners they will only get the same bull s**t that they tell the Council and TR etc, or more likely told to B off. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

If they speak to the owners they will only get the same bull s**t that they tell the Council and TR etc, or more likely told to B off. 

So eloquently put there Orlov. But sadly so true 

• Like 1

We are told on another thread that as, merely, paying fans we have no right to know anything or be told anything until the investing promoter so deems it. Whilst there is some truth in that, the only message that the deafening silence passes on would seem to be " You will find out after the final 2018 fixture that it was the final meeting at The Abbey". Most likely in an obituary style article in the Speedway Star. A neat and tidy closeure.

11 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

We are told on another thread that as, merely, paying fans we have no right to know anything or be told anything until the investing promoter so deems it. Whilst there is some truth in that, the only message that the deafening silence passes on would seem to be " You will find out after the final 2018 fixture that it was the final meeting at The Abbey". Most likely in an obituary style article in the Speedway Star. A neat and tidy closeure.

Bollocks, and the usual over reaction from critics like you, easily offended and looking for an alternative slant. Promoters, like all other business's,  don't need to tell all their business during discussion/negotiations but do need to communicate news when it is finalised and can be reported.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, A ORLOV said:

Tomlinson tweeted about a meeting on 2nd Aug so I messaged him today and asked if there was any news coming from it. No reply.

3 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Bollocks, and the usual over reaction from critics like you, easily offended and looking for an alternative slant. Promoters, like all other business's,  don't need to tell all their business during discussion/negotiations but do need to communicate news when it is finalised and can be reported.

What negotiations are taking place and how many years has this been going on?  The public are being taken for fools, not for the first time in this sport.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stoke Potter said:

What negotiations are taking place and how many years has this been going on?  The public are being taken for fools, not for the first time in this sport.

Stupid question again I see. There has been discussions going on for a little while due to the Fixtures chaos, and next year's structure has been reconsidered to try to rectify the situation. 

Far better that the exciting plans for the new stadium are kept on a need-to-know basis for now rather than individuals who only know part of the overall plan releasing 'aspirational' leaks as previously. I'd much rather wait until the project manager and all stakeholders are ready to issue a proper detailed plan as agreed by all parties into the public domain. I'm sure this must be very close now to being rubber stamped.  It's probably only the contingency planning in the unlikely event of the stadium not being ready for the first meeting in March that's delaying issue.  I'd imagine that they are reacting to the problems that Tottenham are currently experiencing and ensuring there is no repeat. Can't believe how amateurish that White Hart Lane project seems to be at the moment...they are talking of a 3 month+ delay!!!   Can you just imagine Swindon ending this season like Spurs leaving their fans unsure as to where the next match might be staged....

Edited by Mike.Butler

13 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Stupid question again I see. There has been discussions going on for a little while due to the Fixtures chaos, and next year's structure has been reconsidered to try to rectify the situation. 

With all due respect what has that got to do with an update re Swindon Stadium 

2 minutes ago, Argos said:

With all due respect what has that got to do with an update re Swindon Stadium 

I was quoting Stoke Potter, nowt to do with Swindon Stadium. I think Mike Butler above has given a good responce on the Stadium situation but. 

53 minutes ago, Mike.Butler said:

Far better that the exciting plans for the new stadium are kept on a need-to-know basis for now rather than individuals who only know part of the overall plan releasing 'aspirational' leaks as previously. I'd much rather wait until the project manager and all stakeholders are ready to issue a proper detailed plan as agreed by all parties into the public domain. I'm sure this must be very close now to being rubber stamped.  It's probably only the contingency planning in the unlikely event of the stadium not being ready for the first meeting in March that's delaying issue.  I'd imagine that they are reacting to the problems that Tottenham are currently experiencing and ensuring there is no repeat. Can't believe how amateurish that White Hart Lane project seems to be at the moment...they are talking of a 3 month+ delay!!!   Can you just imagine Swindon ending this season like Spurs leaving their fans unsure as to where the next match might be staged....

?? have been living in a cave for last 10 years ...There is  no chance of stadium ever being built and there never was . it's amazing even after all this time and with all the history and lies we still have people who think  it will happen .

51 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I was quoting Stoke Potter, nowt to do with Swindon Stadium. I think Mike Butler above has given a good responce on the Stadium situation but. 

Sorry I think  it's a poor one .. I don't think you would find  many Swindon fans who would agree with what he thinks is going on 

37 minutes ago, orion said:

?? have been living in a cave for last 10 years ...There is  no chance of stadium ever being built and there never was . it's amazing even after all this time and with all the history and lies we still have people who think  it will happen .

Must be me as I thought he was being sarcastic not serious. :D

• Like 8