British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SuperBear

Redcar v Workington 23/8/18

Trackside its raining not heavy and the water truck is getting filled but sky is black !

Rain and dark clouds at Darlington not looking good, maybe a fast ride back to Cumbria :(

Looking at the high res rain radar, should clear by 7pm, what is around looks pretty light, odd heavier burst though, will keep the dust down...!! 

Short sharp shower an hour ago but now brightening up--would say all set fair 

Im about 3 miles from track and sun out at the moment!

Looks to be a few showers still around but hopefully they miss us as think this could be a good meeting against a strong Comets side. 

crazy speedway @ redcar . last heat dee cider . hic :drink:

Bit of everything in that meeting -  some excellent racing, a few falls, some mechanical failures,  some interesting refereeing decisions and a last heat decider.

Comets fans were complaining that the Heat 8 exclusion of Jensen (which lead to the missing point) was a mistake while , as a Bears fan, I think Proctor was very lucky to be allowed back into Heat 13 (and subsequent 5-1 to the Comets) when he went down untouched on the first turn.

Bears were inconsistent as usual - Thomas doesn't seem to be able to recreate his KL form (or his visiting rider form) for the Bears and the Andersons blow hot and cold. Excellent debut for Lunna and Berge looked better tonight despite his fall and mechanical issues.

Bewley is a class act and Proctor was good generally (but not in Heat 15 fortunately).

I couldn't make the MPA tonight, but I predicted a close run thing on the Bears Fans Forum. Sounds like a very entertaining meeting with a bit of everything as Yearby Red said.

As a Bears fan, I'm glad they got a result. The Comets will make the playoffs no trouble I reckon. Perhaps even more. Who can tell in speedway ? 

seems like a good meeting went on @ redcar tonight . as yearbyred . says , a bit of everything .

well done to wucky on gaining a point when it seemed a lost cause . well done to all involved for getting the meeting on and a safe journey back to the promised land . see you all saturday and poss sunda ...

54 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Bit of everything in that meeting -  some excellent racing, a few falls, some mechanical failures,  some interesting refereeing decisions and a last heat decider.

Comets fans were complaining that the Heat 8 exclusion of Jensen (which lead to the missing point) was a mistake while , as a Bears fan, I think Proctor was very lucky to be allowed back into Heat 13 (and subsequent 5-1 to the Comets) when he went down untouched on the first turn.

Bears were inconsistent as usual - Thomas doesn't seem to be able to recreate his KL form (or his visiting rider form) for the Bears and the Andersons blow hot and cold. Excellent debut for Lunna and Berge looked better tonight despite his fall and mechanical issues.

Bewley is a class act and Proctor was good generally (but not in Heat 15 fortunately).

Have to admit - agree that Jensen was very, very unlucky to be excluded but by the same token Proctor went down on his own and was lucky to be allowed back. 

An entertaining enough meeting, not the best racing I have seen as the track was a bit one-line due to the weather but the scoreline and decisions kept the meeting alive. Bewley is a joy to watch.

• Like 1

Well done to the bears great win it takes 2 teams to battle so well done worky as well hopefully avoid the wooden spoon

We was robbed ht 8 was a joke gated twice on a 5-1 only for rene whose head was allready down after 2 pointless rides made a mess of turn 1 to get excluded  but worse was the 3rd rerun razza was clearly  taking out on turn 1 and left in the fence to be excluded even redcar fans near me said wrong decision, still a good fightback  rene was.poor mason  not a lot better but a special word for kyle 2 last good races and points which nearly won us the match.

• Like 2

Left this meeting with mixed feelings. Would have been more than happy if someone had offered me a point when 13 points down after 10  having lost our top 'reserve' but ultimately i found myself a little disappointed after we  missed the opportunity to register an away win, especially after believing we had the impetus and riders to bring all the points home.

Over the first 4 heats we were clearly second best as some of the boys looked like they didn't fancy the track conditions  which incidentally improved markedly after just a few heats.  After finding ourselves 8 points down after 4 we pulled it back to 22-20 after 7. Heat 8 ultimately turned the meeting back in the Bears favour. After gating on a  5-1 Rene suddenly got straightened up and ended in the air fence leaving Rasmus as the only Comet in the re-run only for the battling Dane to be unjustly excluded following a first bend incident in which Lunna gave him nowhere to go and took him to the fence. The Bears were now 7 up  but it was to get even better for the home team as a subsequent 4-2 & 5-1  in heats 9 and 10 which included a Comets tac sub put them 13 points up with 5 heats remaining.

From 13 behind i thought the meeting had slipped away from us but the lads responded  really well to outscore the Bears over the last 5 heats by 21-9 . A draw would have been a fair result but the missing point precluded that outcome.

The Bears look a lot more solid since the team changes and it was noteable that the reserves chipped in with 14 points between them. Of the others Barker and Lunna impressed most hence their inclusion in heat 15. Ex Comet Tommy Jorgensen who has been impressing with Kings Lynn this season will have been disappointed with his 4 from 4 . The Comets will be disappointed not taking the win after supplying 9 race winners  but 10 last places ultimately tilted the odds . Dan was stand out especially in his last two races and is a joy to watch, he was well supported by Ty who frustratingly for him finished last in hard fought heats 9 and 15. Rasser continues to be one of our most consistent performers and battled hard for his 7 from 4 tonight which included the exclusion. Nicoloai improved as the meeting wore on and had really got the starts sorted to the point where i expected him coming out for 15. Mason was having his usual Redcar performance until he redeemed himself with the win in heat 14 which helped secure the point and gave us the chance of all 3.  I was delighted to see young Kyle battling for points in the latter stages  and he got his just rewards with two third places. Rene had a night he will want to forget at a track were historically he does very well, theres no doubt if he hadn't aggravated an old shoulder injury he may well have proved crucial. Hope the injury doesn't keep him out of what is a vital weekend in the quest to make the playoffs. 

Thought it was a little bit cheeky of the Bears promotion to put a folded racecard insert (containing no other information) inside a rained off Sheffield Tigers meeting program and charge £2-50. 

Edited by SteelShoe
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, SteelShoe said:

Left this meeting with mixed feelings. Would have been more than happy if someone had offered me a point when 13 points down after 10  having lost our top 'reserve' but ultimately i found myself a little disappointed after we  missed the opportunity to register an away win, especially after believing we had the impetus and riders to bring all the points home.

Over the first 4 heats we were clearly second best as some of the boys looked like they didn't fancy the track conditions  which incidentally improved markedly after just a few heats.  After finding ourselves 8 points down after 4 we pulled it back to 22-20 after 7. Heat 8 ultimately turned the meeting back in the Bears favour. After gating on a  5-1 Rene suddenly got straightened up and ended in the air fence leaving Rasmus as the only Comet in the re-run only for the battling Dane to be unjustly excluded following a first bend incident in which Lunna gave him nowhere to go and took him to the fence. The Bears were now 7 up  but it was to get even better for the home team as a subsequent 4-2 & 5-1 h in heats 9 and 10  which including  the nullification of a tac sub ride by Dan Bewley put them 13 points up with 5 heats remaining. From 13 behind i thought the meeting had slipped away from us but the lads responded  really well to outscore the Bears over the last 5 heats by 21-9 . A draw would have been a fair result but the missing point precluded that outcome.

The Bears look a lot more solid since the team changes and it was noteable that the reserves chipped in with 14 points between them. Of the others Barker and Lunna impressed most hence their inclusion in heat 15. Ex Comet Tommy Jorgensen who has been impressing with Kings Lynn this season will have been disappointed with his 4 from 4 . The Comets will be disappointed not taking the win after supplying 9 race winners  but 10 last places ultimately tilted the odds . Dan was stand out especially in his last two races and is a joy to watch, he was well supported by Ty who frustratingly for him finished last in hard fought heats 9 and 15. Rasser continues to be one of our most consistent performers and battled hard for his 7 from 4 tonight which included the exclusion. Nicoloai improved as the meeting wore on and had really got the starts sorted to the point where i expected him coming out for 15. Mason was having his usual Redcar performance until he redeemed himself with the win in heat 14 which helped secure the point and gave us the chance of all 3.  I was delighted to see young Kyle battling for points in the latter stages  and he got his just rewards with two third places. Rene had a night he will want to forget at a track were historically he does very well, theres no doubt if he hadn't aggravated an old shoulder injury he may well have proved crucial. Hope the injury doesn't keep him out of what is a vital weekend in the quest to make the playoffs. 

Thought it was a little bit cheeky of the Bears promotion to put a folded racecard insert inside a rained off Sheffield Tigers meeting program and charge  Worky fans £2-50. 

Think you'll find they charged the Bears fans £2.50 aswell!!