British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SuperBear

Redcar v Workington 23/8/18

5 minutes ago, northyorksbear said:

Think you'll find they charged the Bears fans £2.50 aswell!!

Yeah appreciate that fact and have edited the paragraph. I was a bit surprised at this seen as the Sheffield meeting is still outstanding.

12 hours ago, geoff100 said:

We was robbed ht 8 was a joke gated twice on a 5-1 only for rene whose head was allready down after 2 pointless rides made a mess of turn 1 to get excluded  but worse was the 3rd rerun razza was clearly  taking out on turn 1 and left in the fence to be excluded even redcar fans near me said wrong decision, still a good fightback  rene was.poor mason  not a lot better but a special word for kyle 2 last good races and points which nearly won us the match.

So what's your view on heat 14? Bears rider leads into bends 1 and 2 but referee puts on the red light to call them back to give Bickley a warning! He wasn't even in the mix even at that stage

As others have said , it was swings and roundabouts with the refereeing decisions and I thought he had a very poor night overall

6 hours ago, Taylorj said:

Mixed feelings leaving Redcar last night, after our fightback thought we could have took 3 points back to DP but being 13 points down with 5 heats to go and losing Rene to pull it back to within a point was a great effort by our boys. Rasmus's exclusion was ridiculous clearly first bend bunching and taken out by Berge, as with Ty , first bend bunching but yet put all 4 back in this time :rolleyes: Hopefully Rene okay for our vital weekend fixtures

On another note thank the lord for Dave Hoggart ,professional, non biased,  how the hell Bears,Newcastle and Berwick fans put up with that pillock on the centre green announcing is beyond me, he has got to be the most annoying thing on a Mic... Ranting Roy is it ? Thankfully Comets fans horns drowned him out later on in the meeting .  :nono:

Keep it going boys, them play-offs are in sight :approve:

I don't particularly have much time for Raving Roy   - that said I reckon your comment about him could be perceived as inflammatory at least  and possibly libelous ...I would certainly be taking you to task if you called me it.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, erimus11 said:

I don't particularly have much time for Raving Roy   - that said I reckon your comment about him could be perceived as inflammatory at least  and possibly libelous ...I would certainly be taking you to task if you called me it.

Never heard of tongue in cheek :rolleyes: quite tame to what some folk are called on this forum

33 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

Never heard of tongue in cheek :rolleyes: quite tame to what some folk are called on this forum

yea , i have . but it still almost got me banned, didnt it !  :nono: 

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

Just to bring you up to date, Roy no longer does Berwick (and that's not because the season has ended up there, as Steve Hayward took over a few weeks ago).

12 minutes ago, jenga said:

yea , i have . but it still almost got me banned, didnt it !  :nono: 

1 hour ago, erimus11 said:

There you go I've edited my post to 'person' :t: Dont put me in your category jenga :nono::D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, erimus11 said:

So what's your view on heat 14? Bears rider leads into bends 1 and 2 but referee puts on the red light to call them back to give Bickley a warning! He wasn't even in the mix even at that stage

As others have said , it was swings and roundabouts with the refereeing decisions and I thought he had a very poor night overall

Just a typical reply from some Workington fans as they see things one-sided. Even previous posters mentioned Workington were unlucky in heat 8 but lucky in heat 13. He fails to mention it.

13 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Just a typical reply from some Workington fans as they see things one-sided. Even previous posters mentioned Workington were unlucky in heat 8 but lucky in heat 13. He fails to mention it.

Think we're all guilty of own team bias,are you saying you're any different?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, erimus11 said:

Same decision as in ht 8 rider jumped the start bring them back with redcar man allready on a warning!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, gregory peck said:

Think we're all guilty of own team bias,are you saying you're any different?

Ht 13 procter was left with  no room easy decision all four back 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

Ht 13 procter was left with  no room easy decision all four back 

Well the Comets fan next to me agreed that Proctor had gone down untouched and was very lucky to be in the re-run. 

We all see things from our own teams perspective but occasionally your own team is in the wrong (whichever team that is).

2 hours ago, Taylorj said:

There you go I've edited my post to 'person' :t: Dont put me in your category jenga :nono::D

haa haa , what category  is that then   the n word or the p word ? but you still wrote it !

still , life goes on , eh ....pity a couple of posters quoted your post . as i said , we all live and learn .

Edited by jenga
  • Haha 1