British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

Brummies v Stoke NL Wed 22nd Aug

BIRMINGHAM: Tom Bacon, Callum Walker, Danyon Hume, Leon Flint, James Shanes, Sheldon Davies, Josh Embleton.

STOKE: Tom Perry, Adam Extance, Rob Shuttleworth R/R, David Wallinger, Max Clegg, Arran Butcher, Paul Burnett.

Gonna be a tough one i think, Perry and Clegg are a good top two for Stoke. Wallinger a decent rider plus Burnett should score a few at reserve. Hopefully we gate from the start and set the ball rolling early on. A must win for the Brummies

Guest GiveusaB

Check the Birmingham thread for 'suggestions' ???

Cradley babes are winning the 'poll' !

Guest GiveusaB

Great to see Tom Perry back again tonight ! Clegg and Wallinger go well at PB!

Be interesting to see the 'reserve' battles ? (will Butcher try and make a point and make mincemeat of our 6/7 ? ) :D

On 8/21/2018 at 8:34 PM, TurnTwo said:

You’re joking right? Birmingham will hit 55 

Dont ask me to predict the lottery numbers, christ what a rout!:D:D

What has happened to Max Clegg, not long ago he was an out and out top rider at this level but seems to have fallen away.  Stoke apart from Connor Coles were awful, he put a great showing in Heat 13 to beat Shanes and Bacon.

Brummies were fantastic, credit to all of them but especially Callum Walker. Ive been critical at times but tonight he was immense, seems that break has done him the world of good. Danyon and Leon were faultless. Team is looking good now, top 4 is very strong and if Walker and the reserves can peform like that tonight then anything is possible for the playoffs

• Like 1

clegg needs to get out of the stoke side, they've dragged him into the gutter with themselves

• Like 1

Guest GiveusaB

Callum just needs to get out the gate a bit quicker, more often........'hence Heat 15' ? (did brilliantly to beat Coles...)

I'm really pleased he had a good night last night, but let's face it....it was only 'Stoke' !

Brummies are looking good with arguably the strongest top 4 in the division....... throw Gilkes in for the Play Offs and 'Mildenhall's' unbeaten run will definitely be under threat!

Guest GiveusaB
13 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

clegg needs to get out of the stoke side, they've dragged him into the gutter with themselves

Clegg looked threatening in his first ride...but to fail the 2 mins allowance in Heat 15 was a poor showing imo.....

On 8/23/2018 at 10:29 PM, Brummie Kev said:

Dont ask me to predict the lottery numbers, christ what a rout!:D:D

What has happened to Max Clegg, not long ago he was an out and out top rider at this level but seems to have fallen away.  Stoke apart from Connor Coles were awful, he put a great showing in Heat 13 to beat Shanes and Bacon.

Brummies were fantastic, credit to all of them but especially Callum Walker. Ive been critical at times but tonight he was immense, seems that break has done him the world of good. Danyon and Leon were faultless. Team is looking good now, top 4 is very strong and if Walker and the reserves can peform like that tonight then anything is possible for the playoffs

How is Danyon looking  Kev? fingers crossed he can stay injury free until the end of the year it has been a frustrating one for him.I have just realised he has  still scored three FULL / and a paid maximum at home this year so not all bad.I recon a few months out in Aussie could bring him on a bit and he is still a shoe/in to be a regular Championship rider again and if Ipswich can't offer him a place he needs to move on some one like Scunthorpe would be ideal.

Guest GiveusaB

Danyon was flying ! Usually he has to do it all from the back (which is exciting...) but on Wednesday he made 4 perfect starts and was out of sight....albeit Leon was just behind and looked slightly quicker...imo !

If we can move up a tier next year...then I reckon Danyon's name will be first on the team sheet (especially now that Ipswich have 'Kemp' at reserve...)?

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

Danyon was flying ! Usually he has to do it all from the back (which is exciting...) but on Wednesday he made 4 perfect starts and was out of sight....albeit Leon was just behind and looked slightly quicker...imo !

If we can move up a tier next year...then I reckon Danyon's name will be first on the team sheet (especially now that Ipswich have 'Kemp' at reserve...)?

He should be with Drew  at reserve next year  as well  being a  Ipswich asset but that is another question.Drew showing that even though he is a massive talent the NL and Championship are worlds apart if the Brummies do go into the Championship it would be great if Danyon got a place.Dont know what you think B but Danyon is a real racer but can gate as well that is why he will make his mark at Championship level .I just hope Danyon plays the percentage game more in his quest for points but i don't think that is in his nature he is a born racer.The Brummies with Bacon,Hume,Flint, Shane's Walker all fit for the whole season who knows what they could of achieved but the progress of Bacon has been amazing.

Edited by Sidney the robin

Guest GiveusaB
5 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

He should be with Drew  at reserve next year  as well  being a  Ipswich asset but that is another question.Drew showing that even though he is a massive talent the NL and Championship are worlds apart if the Brummies do go into the Championship it would be great if Danyon got a place.Dont know what you think B but Danyon is a real racer but can gate as well that is why he will make his mark at Championship level .I just hope Danyon plays the percentage game more in his quest for points but i don't think that is in his nature he is a born racer.The Brummies with Bacon,Hume,Flint, Shane's Walker all fit for the whole season who knows what they could of achieved but the progress of Bacon has been amazing.

Spot on Sid ! Danyon never settles for 2nd best, he's' always working his bike to get passed anything/anyone in his way!

He's great to watch !

He's a smashing lad as well .....always smiling and a great personality to have around a team environment!