British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

Scorpions v Ipswich 24.08.18 SGBC

20 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Both guests could stop their teams...Although panthers look dead certs...but worky still need points.  Totally bonkers sport

but what is the alternative to guests?

Unfortunately there isn't anything until double up stops..then can only use guests from a different division...which is slightly less bonkers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

I saw him Saturday make his away debut at worky. It's very possible I shall be there to see him make his second away debut:t:

Ooops.

I can't get used to Workington actually having home meetings.  ;)

How crazy .. Ippo have 2 guests who race for teams against them in the play-offs :blink: saying that Ty is very professional and will race his socks off. I just get twitchy when your riders start racing for other teams and you really need them back safe for their own team :unsure:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, montie said:

previous meeting between these 2 have  thrown up some tip top meetings,including some handbags so as you say  speedway heaven

two good Guests too

Yeah, Scunthorpe v Ipswich is always a good meeting.

I wouldn't mind it being slightly less eventful than the 2015 meeting, though.  That was one of the most bonkers meetings I've ever been to, with controversy, a sit-down protest, punch-ups and a subsequent ban for one of the riders.

8 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

Ooops.

I can't get used to Workington actually having home meetings.  ;)

Even allowing for the wink that should get a Cumbrian response 

16 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

What a downer.. that's ruined things....  I missed the last meeting due to holidays... was so looking looking forward to this one.... not any more. 

Edited by Albert
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Taylorj said:

How crazy .. Ippo have 2 guests who race for teams against them in the play-offs :blink: saying that Ty is very professional and will race his socks off. I just get twitchy when your riders start racing for other teams and you really need them back safe for their own team :unsure:

No need to worry about Ipswich troubling the play offs now

Both can score a max without any worry now

Had tonights result already been known no doubt neither wouldve been booked

Crazy that Witches here look so much better than the very weak team at home the night before!

10 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

No need to worry about Ipswich troubling the play offs now

Both can score a max without any worry now

Had tonights result already been known no doubt neither wouldve been booked

I reckon you've got every chance at Scunny later today, because Josh and Jake have held us together this year.  We're going to miss them tonight. 

For Scunny, even if we max out in the final 4 fixtures, it's probably not enough, but Witches still have a chance.  Come along tonight and see if your lads can take the league points - because it's not too late for you guys.

I just hope for a cracking meeting and a Scunny win, so we go up a place or two.  And that the reserves really start to fire, ready for our two forthcoming semi-finals.

3 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

I reckon you've got every chance at Scunny later today, because Josh and Jake have held us together this year.  We're going to miss them tonight. 

For Scunny, even if we max out in the final 4 fixtures, it's probably not enough, but Witches still have a chance.  Come along tonight and see if your lads can take the league points - because it's not too late for you guys.

I just hope for a cracking meeting and a Scunny win, so we go up a place or two.  And that the reserves really start to fire, ready for our two forthcoming semi-finals.

There was every chance of a Massif road trip until last night - very much enjoyed our visit last time

With it looking however very much like the Witches have 'given up' we have too

The side tonight is a better one than that offered up at home as will be the track and prep no doubt

That may well mean the Witches have a far better chance of a win. Even 4 points will not be enough to keep us in the play off picture

23 hours ago, montie said:

but what is the alternative to guests?

Riders who achieve a certain top  average   should be based only in the one league. exception being  for reserves ….top league with lower average riders from Cham league. Same applied for Cham league using Nat league riders in reserve.  Also every team have a No 8.  It gives reserves more experience to further their progress, plus it could save having only 3 riders in a race, I know it don't happen that much. Years ago we used to have No 8's.

• Like 1