British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

Scorpions v Ipswich 24.08.18 SGBC

Absolute rout, if only:cry:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

........ and that is with only 6 teams riding tonight. Just shows that the BSPA(not Godfrey) made the right decision to stop the abuse of too many teams riding on 1 night Friday as was discussed at the AGM. Rules need amending sometimes if problems arise. I would think most people at work go through problem solving talks & issues & implement changes.

Even the Premiership Fixed Night Racing schedule has limited options for guests as was proven earlier this week.

and which idiots were it that wanted set race night for all clubs 

oh yes the bspa 

Take a bow Drew Kemp - what a performance

The silver lining to a big cloud of a season

Also - Couldve easily just walked off after his fall disappointed on missing his max but instead got back on just in case and picked up an extra point :t:

• Like 2

Scunthorpe riders trying to get their averages down then ?  Be interesting meeting when we visit with both teams allegedly attempting to manipulate the averages.???

20 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

Scunthorpe riders trying to get their averages down then ?  Be interesting meeting when we visit with both teams allegedly attempting to manipulate the averages.???

Surely not.

Edited by bigcatdiary

So 4 points over the 2 nights... would have thought it would have been 3 points last night and a point tonight.... oh well glimmer of hope has returned 

3 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

So 4 points over the 2 nights... would have thought it would have been 3 points last night and a point tonight.... oh well glimmer of hope has returned 

As I said last night - its the hope that kills you! :neutral:

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

Scunny embarrassing themselves. 

Now I know how embarrassed pussycat supporters felt when they got beaten at home by Workington.

7 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

........ and that is with only 6 teams riding tonight. Just shows that the BSPA(not Godfrey) made the right decision to stop the abuse of too many teams riding on 1 night Friday as was discussed at the AGM. Rules need amending sometimes if problems arise. I would think most people at work go through problem solving talks & issues & implement changes.

Even the Premiership Fixed Night Racing schedule has limited options for guests as was proven earlier this week.

A couple of weeks ago six out of seven PL teams managed to race on the same night. Are you seriously telling us that six out of eleven CL teams can’t manage it ?

The reason most clubs w@nt Friday race nights is because that is when they get the biggest crowds. It is when most fans want to go. 

Can you name any other organisation that won’t open on the day most of its customers want to do business ? 

Godfrey and Chapman are worse than useless. The sport has reached a new low under their stewardship. They have done nothing, absolutely nothing, to improve the sport during their time in charge.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

A couple of weeks ago six out of seven PL teams managed to race on the same night. Are you seriously telling us that six out of eleven CL teams can’t manage it ?

The reason most clubs w@nt Friday race nights is because that is when they get the biggest crowds. It is when most fans want to go. 

Can you name any other organisation that won’t open on the day most of its customers want to do business ? 

Godfrey and Chapman are worse than useless. The sport has reached a new low under their stewardship. They have done nothing, absolutely nothing, to improve the sport during their time in charge.

Apparently both clubs had trouble getting guests tonight. 

I would have accepted it if Lakeside, Peterborough and Workington (or 1 or 2 of them) were told clearly at the start of the season that they could not ride on Fridays, as I fully appreciate the difficulties that could cause. 

What I do not accept is that they were told to do so after fixtures had been agreed and arrangements made. That's just not on. 

I can even forgive the incompetence here to a degree, its the self interest I simply can't stomach. 

As to the match, the way I saw it was that Scunthorpe were awful rather than Ipswich being especially good and that most teams would have thumped the Scorpions. The wet track didn't help, but Ipswich had no trouble with it whether they gated or not. 

Kemp was hugely impressive and may even now play a part in getting Ipswich into the play offs.

• Like 4

Guest WTF1

Well done to Ipswich and especially Drew Kemp,  paid 14, first appearance at Scunny?, probably scored more in one match than Phillips has all season at Scunny,  poor guest but not much choice,  Scunthorpe's best riders round the EWR Auty and Allen sorely missed tonight.