British Speedway Forum
4thbender

Sheffield v Edinburgh 23/08/18

Based on your teams performance on Friday & Chas Wright will return, & Howarth will score more than four, reckon it will be a comfortable home win:sad:

• Haha 1

Hoping rather than confident of an Edinburgh win. Sheffield bound to hit some semblance of their true form soon.

• Haha 1

Easy away win

21 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Hoping rather than confident of an Edinburgh win. Sheffield bound to hit some semblance of their true form soon.

heart says tigers.head says monarchs

Comfortable away win.

present form says a reasonably comfortable away win.

But both Riss and Worrall have no form around Sheffield, especially Worrall who has consistently score 4 points around Sheffield in his last 4 visits to the track.

Also think that the Edinburgh reserves could be a weak spot.

Like I say on present form you have to Edinburgh, but do be shocked if the Tigers let out a defiant roar and get the win they need and crave.  

1 hour ago, spin king said:

present form says a reasonably comfortable away win.

But both Riss and Worrall have no form around Sheffield, especially Worrall who has consistently score 4 points around Sheffield in his last 4 visits to the track.

Also think that the Edinburgh reserves could be a weak spot.

Like I say on present form you have to Edinburgh, but do be shocked if the Tigers let out a defiant roar and get the win they need and crave.  

I was at Monarchs last visit to Owlerton in 2017 & apart from Wells scoring 15 from five (including a 4pt TR), Pickering failed to score from 4, and Erik Riss only managed 4 from 4.

Also given your observations on Richie Worrall's previous Sheffield performances,  your prediction is more realistic than the optimistic forecasts of others of a Monarchs away win on Thursday.

45 minutes ago, cyclone said:

I was at Monarchs last visit to Owlerton in 2017 & apart from Wells scoring 15 from five (including a 4pt TR), Pickering failed to score from 4, and Erik Riss only managed 4 from 4.

Also given your observations on Richie Worrall's previous Sheffield performances,  your prediction is more realistic than the optimistic forecasts of others of a Monarchs away win on Thursday.

the only thing I'd say to that is Eric Riss is a far better rider this year than last.

At present we only have 2heat leaders and a long tail so I'm expecting worrall to get more than he usually does and can only see Riss scoring a lot more than 4. Hope I'm wrong but we can't afford any passengers tomorrow ,every body has got to be on the gas .